Srt-4 Owners, WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 01:49 AM
VIP Member

Srt-4 Owners, WTF???

Is it me or do all Srt-4 owners have little ***** syndrome??? I was coming home from Ohlone when I heard this blow off value. I looked to my right and there was a shiney red Srt-4 with a young punk kid giving me a nasty look. He continued to rev it to try and get me to race, i justed looked at him and shook my head. This is just one of the many times that I've had to deal with morons in there Srt-4. You drive a F*CKING NEON!!!!

Has this happened to any of you or am I the only one?
Old 11-16-2004, 02:08 AM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Originally Posted by Littleboyblue
You drive a F*CKING NEON!!!!
Why do people say something so ignorant? They are just as fast as a WRX. Who has small ***** syndrome now?
Old 11-16-2004, 02:49 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Dude, they are still a POS Dodge. I have idiots in SRT-4's that try to race me all the time. I even let them go first, then reel them in and pass them. After that, I'll give them a big thumbs down, and they stay behind me.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:28 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by NZO
Why do people say something so ignorant? They are just as fast as a WRX. Who has small ***** syndrome now?
how is that ignorant? Isn't it a neon?
Old 11-16-2004, 06:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
yea isnt it a neon? its not like were lieing were just stating the truth. Although i do not have a problem with them because a friend of mine has one, but most other drivers are just how you desribed.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:05 AM

Car Info: '12 STI
I'm still waiting for one to come out and play with me in the mountains.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:12 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by NZO
No one here can argue that a SRT-4 isn't just the bomb fwd drag car... but that's IT.

It's JUST A DRAG CAR!

Worthless in all other regards such as handling and grip. The SRT-4's were everywhere at the beginning of the auto-x and by the end of the regular 2004 season, they just stopped showing up...

So, by saying "it's just a neon"/"you drive a f-ing neon", one must really imply that even though it's a very fast car, your options of use with it are VERY limited.

-Gagan

PS: You should have rolled your rear windows down...
Old 11-16-2004, 07:19 AM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Ok lets not be stupid guys, I'm not disagreeing that its a neon . What I'm saying is that its a poor attitude to insult someone because of it. Sure hes an idiot, but its because he tried to race you, not because he drives a neon.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by NZO
Ok lets not be stupid guys, I'm not disagreeing that its a neon . What I'm saying is that its a poor attitude to insult someone because of it. Sure hes an idiot, but its because he tried to race you, not because he drives a neon.
no its because hes trying to race in a neon and he thinks its cool cause his neon is fast and fast is what its all about

i get this with a local neon nerd... funny thing is everytime he chases me he doesnt follow when i start hitting corners

edgar,
Old 11-16-2004, 08:18 AM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Put it this way... I don't care if it really is the fastest car evAr, I could never own one because the attitude of 99.9% of owners make the rest look like total douche ******.

Last edited by sjt; 11-16-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:20 AM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
I don't agree with the "it's just a neon statement" for it's price it handles great(nowhere near a regular neon suspension), the interior is pretty decent, and it's a quick little bugger, easily made quicker. I will agree that the average SRT-4 owner is a freaking nipplehead. Every single one I've seen on the road the driver is leanin like he's an OG, and lucky for me, every single one of them tries to screw with me in commuter traffic and ends up screaming off weaving in and out of traffic doing 80+ on a 35mph zone just to prove how manly they are. I'm sure there are non-retard srt-4 owners out there but I haven't met one in person.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:23 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
There are a lot of kids (teens) with SRT-4's that think they are hot isht. Same goes for a lot of WRX drivers. But a good majority of SRT-4 owners from around the Bay Area are cool people and are tuners just like all of the suby people. They have installfests just like suby people, and actually help other people do mods for free.

A lot of the SRT-4 owners are like the muscle car guys of the old school, and buy parts to make the car go fast in a straight line. This is true. But there are people, such as myself, that have modded the suspension first before making it any faster in a straight line.

You can all have your opinions about SRT-4 members. But a good majority of us are cool people that just like to mod our cars. You don't have to like us. Just don't stereotype all "SRT-4" members.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 11-16-2004, 08:37 AM
joe

Car Info: 2002 WRB Impreza WRX
It's still just a neon Karl...lol Just playing brutha

~joe
Old 11-16-2004, 08:55 AM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
How is just a Neon so much worse than it's just an Impreza?

Because we can roll our back windows down? I've heard some people say the WRX interior is so much better.. bull... the WRX interior is cheap noisy crap. But then I didn't buy my WRX for the interior quality. I bought it because it was best driving car I could afford that still had four doors and a in a wagon so my wife would go along with it. Many Neon owners have done the same thing... they bought the fastest car they could afford.. what is the problem with that? Yeah, some of them are punks, but then I've seen a few WRX and even STi drivers that were punks... so what.. people suck, get on with it. I wouldn't buy a SRT-4, but not because it's beneath me or because I don't like the attitude of someone else that drives one.. that's just a silly reason to use in the decision making process. I wouldn't buy one simply because it's not what I want or need in a car.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:58 AM

Car Info: GDA
it's just the demographics that the neon SRT attracts...and by demographics, you know what i mean. they chose that particular car b/c it offers a lot of performance for the price, irregardless of other "issues" that we as a subaru board feel should be prioritized higher (i.e. reliability, AWD drivetrain, etc.)

i would never get an SRT, but you can't dis it for the value that it is.

also, the SRT was designed to be fast in a straight line. i dare say that is what attracted SRT owners to buying the vehicle....a sub-$20k subaru/bmw/audi killer (with the obvious exceptions like STi, M3, S4, etc).

Quick Reply: Srt-4 Owners, WTF???