Srt-4 Owners, WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Unfortunately, the Subaru community changed dramatically after the WRX was launched. Some would even go so far as to say some of the Subaru community are "punks". Dumbasses abound regardless of what kind of vehicle they're driving. I for one think the Neon is a cool car. Cheap, fast as hell, and four doors. The only problem that I heard people complaining about was the lack of grip, which is why the '04s (?) all come with LSD front diffs now. The determining factor for me is that it's FWD. The car they're driving doesn't necessarily guarantee someone having "small ***** syndrome". Kurlee, do you have small ***** syndrome

-Brian
Old 11-16-2004, 09:22 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by Littleboyblue
with a young punk kid giving me a nasty look.
you say that like you are 50 y/o or something...dude you are 21, you aren't that far off from being a "young punk kid" yourself.

Besides, most SRT owners i've met are pretty cool and usually give me a thumbs up when I see em on the road as well.

Except for this ****er....if you ever see an idiot in a silver neon srt-4 with painted stock wheels and looks like this:
give him a hard time.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
I got a chance to throw a SRT4 around with some mopar coilovers, upgraded bushings and sways and it seemed to handle pretty well to me.

It did **** me off having to reach behind to let my dog drowl out the back window though

Mike
Old 11-16-2004, 10:42 AM

Car Info: '21 STI
Originally Posted by razorlab
That's funny because I think that about most WRX and STi drivers. Bunch of young idiots that don't know wtf is up. I would say 90% of you lame asses are like that.

I wouldn't even try thinking drivers in other cars are worse than most of you. Puhleeeze.

I guess that's what I get for being older and having a "cheap" car.
Ahahahah werd. That's the same attitude some of the wrx/sti owners have. It's not like our cars are a god send, but some people think they are.

And there are morons who mess it up for everyone. That's a given. I mean, just look at Zoeb.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
yes 90% of wrx drivers are young kids who rev at unsuspencting acura integra's and civic si's.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:05 AM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
OT - Why are there ford focus ads at the bottom when we're talkin bout dodge and subaru...
Old 11-16-2004, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
That's funny because I think that about most WRX and STi drivers. Bunch of young idiots that don't know wtf is up. I would say 90% of you lame asses are like that.

I wouldn't even try thinking drivers in other cars are worse than most of you. Puhleeeze.

I guess that's what I get for being older and having a "cheap" car.
I totally agree with your message if not your demeanor. I think it has very little to do with your age or your car - most of the recent posts I have seen from you have been letting everyone know how stupid they are, according to you. Here it's not to anyone specific, but the whole group in general.

I had a WRX in the UK in '98 and that is where I started getting crazy about the WRX and the Celica GT-4 and etc. I have been crazy about Subarus since I was a kid. Unfortunately, the WRX has become the next Civic and seems to be handed out with lunch money and pranksta beanies. I was at a party the other day and this guy started talking about his DUBYA ARRRRR ECKS and how hella tight it was. He even started shouting out his mods. Me, no dude - I drive a Toyota. Fock. Yeah I have an '03 WRX but that doesn't make me an instant idiot - does it? Haha. I don't wanna play. I have a GT-4 and a WRX, and it's been a very rare WRX owner these days that knows why that is cool. Why is it cool? It's the freaking heritage - where the car came from. It's why I smoke 555's. Sheesh. No clue.

Anyway, yeah - I have noticed this SRT-4 trend, and it originally was irritating, but now - it's a blast! I actually look for them. I showed my brother the other day - when you see one, all you gotta do is roll down the window and look at them. Inch your car forward at the light and voila! Instant idiot demonstration replete with smoke and screeching noises!! Amazingly enough, this works very well with younger Mustang and Camaro drivers. I can be in the crappiest car (I have a few) and make someone peel out or do something stupid. Don't hate it, have fun with it. It's when they start doing dangerous stuff that it gets bad.

Enjoy them, that's what they are there for. Oh and about all this 'it's just a Neon' stuff, well - that goes for just about every car out there. Sure, a guy driving a Z06 can probably best a guy driving a Challenge Stradale, but... Only one of them gets to drive the Ferrari home. Live it like you want to remember it.

-Jacob
Old 11-16-2004, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Kurlee, do you have small ***** syndrome

-Brian
No, I have "I want to buy a house soon and need a car with cheaper payments with decent performance syndrome".

This was the main factor for me parting out my WRX and buying an SRT-4. If I could afford one and still save for a house, I would have already purchased an STi. But for now, I can't afford one. But one day I will be able to afford an STi. Just hope they keep making them.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 11-16-2004, 12:02 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
No, I have "I want to buy a house soon and need a car with cheaper payments with decent performance syndrome".

This was the main factor for me parting out my WRX and buying an SRT-4. If I could afford one and still save for a house, I would have already purchased an STi. But for now, I can't afford one. But one day I will be able to afford an STi. Just hope they keep making them.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Doesn't the principal of your SRT-4 become higher then what you owed on the WRX?

assuming you did a 60 month loan on both cars, now you have 60 months left on the SRT-4 whereas you probably had maybe 36-48 months left on the WRX (depending on how long you owned it for)

Could you have refinanced the WRX making the payments even lower then what you are paying for the SRT-4 right?

Just curious...
Old 11-16-2004, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
As stereotypical as it sounds, there are more stupid young drivers than middle aged drivers.

You say you totally agree with my message but in your next sentence you disagree with my message.

ok?
No.

I agree with your point, even though I don't agree how you said it. The second sentence was just saying that, I don't think it is simply because you are older or what kind of car you drive. Like, if magically all of a sudden you were 20 with a brand spankin' new STi on a MommySponsorship Program (but still the same ole you), you would probably still think these people are idiots. As would I.

Hope that makes sense.

-Jacob
Old 11-16-2004, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by UK n00b
I got a chance to throw a SRT4 around with some mopar coilovers, upgraded bushings and sways and it seemed to handle pretty well to me.

Mike
When were you driving my car?

I have upgraded my suspension before any power mods. I went with Mopar Stage 3 coilovers (built by KW suspensions) and Hotchkis sway bars front and rear. New tires are coming next. The car does handle a lot better than it did stock and would definately challenge my old WRX in the corners.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 11-16-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
Doesn't the principal of your SRT-4 become higher then what you owed on the WRX?

assuming you did a 60 month loan on both cars, now you have 60 months left on the SRT-4 whereas you probably had maybe 36-48 months left on the WRX (depending on how long you owned it for)

Could you have refinanced the WRX making the payments even lower then what you are paying for the SRT-4 right?

Just curious...

Here is how I looked at it Zoeb. I had 43k HARD miles on the WRX. I still owed over $20k on it. I traded it in and with the money I parted it out with I broke even when I picked up the SRT-4 with ZERO miles. My payments are $110 a month cheaper now. In the long run, I will probably lose out on a couple grand. And I did look to refinance, but I would have been out on that couple grand anyways refinancing.

Also if I would have kept the WRX, there would have been a lot of maintenance to do such as timing belts, clutch, wheel bearings, etc. Which would have cost me more than I though MY WRX was worth at the time.

I am happy with my decision. The SRT-4 is a pretty cool car, although the FWD thing is my only complaint.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 11-16-2004, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

Wow, I woke up this morning and this thread just took off! Unfortunately, I was asleep so I couldn't defend myself.

Originally Posted by NZO
Why do people say something so ignorant? They are just as fast as a WRX. Who has small ***** syndrome now?
Yeah, maybe it was ignorant, but I needed to vent

Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX

You can all have your opinions about SRT-4 members. But a good majority of us are cool people that just like to mod our cars. You don't have to like us. Just don't stereotype all "SRT-4" members.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
I wasn't sterotyping anyone. Unfortunately all of Srt-4 owners that I have run into are jerks. They think of themselves as superior, simply because there car can go faster in a straight line than ours. I'm know that there are some great guys that drive them, I just haven't met one yet.

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
you say that like you are 50 y/o or something...dude you are 21, you aren't that far off from being a "young punk kid" yourself.
Number one, there is a big difference between 18 and 21. A lot of maturing there! Secondly, I'm not what you would call your average 21 yr. old. I have had to live through a lot that made me grow up fast. Lets put it this way, if you met me, and talked with me, you would never guess that I was 21.

Quick Reply: Srt-4 Owners, WTF???