Srt-4 Owners, WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
Here is how I looked at it Zoeb. I had 43k HARD miles on the WRX. I still owed over $20k on it. I traded it in and with the money I parted it out with I broke even when I picked up the SRT-4 with ZERO miles. My payments are $110 a month cheaper now. In the long run, I will probably lose out on a couple grand. And I did look to refinance, but I would have been out on that couple grand anyways refinancing.

Also if I would have kept the WRX, there would have been a lot of maintenance to do such as timing belts, clutch, wheel bearings, etc. Which would have cost me more than I though MY WRX was worth at the time.

I am happy with my decision. The SRT-4 is a pretty cool car, although the FWD thing is my only complaint.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Didn't know you had a Srt-4. Seen you on this forums a bunch and you seem cool. So, I know one cool Srt-4 driver
Old 11-16-2004, 12:21 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
Here is how I looked at it Zoeb. I had 43k HARD miles on the WRX. I still owed over $20k on it. I traded it in and with the money I parted it out with I broke even when I picked up the SRT-4 with ZERO miles. My payments are $110 a month cheaper now. In the long run, I will probably lose out on a couple grand. And I did look to refinance, but I would have been out on that couple grand anyways refinancing.

Also if I would have kept the WRX, there would have been a lot of maintenance to do such as timing belts, clutch, wheel bearings, etc. Which would have cost me more than I though MY WRX was worth at the time.

I am happy with my decision. The SRT-4 is a pretty cool car, although the FWD thing is my only complaint.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Makes sense I guess...0 miles >>>> 43K miles and i'm sure Dodge had a pretty good interest rate as well
Old 11-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
HA-HA! If it makes you feel any better, I 0wn3d some SRT-4 on a freeway onramp like 2 months ago. He was doing the same thing... revvivg like Crazy... (he was behind me though). I didn't wanna race him in a straight line cuz I new I'd lose, so I saved it for the onramp... Needless to say, he did a ricer flyby on the freeway with hazards and all. lol.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:23 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by brucelee
HA-HA! If it makes you feel any better, I 0wn3d some SRT-4 on a freeway onramp like 2 months ago. He was doing the same thing... revvivg like Crazy... (he was behind me though). I didn't wanna race him in a straight line cuz I new I'd lose, so I saved it for the onramp... Needless to say, he did a ricer flyby on the freeway with hazards and all. lol.
I owned some slow automatic RS on 880 in fremont in a slow *** benz
Old 11-16-2004, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX in WR Blue
This form takes many forms... It isa neon just as our cars are imprezzas. If that be true, what would you rather drive... a base neon or a base imprezza?
Old 11-16-2004, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
SRT-4 > WRX/STi
Old 11-16-2004, 02:14 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Interesting post. Everyone has jackasses with fast cars nowadays. So let 'em peel out and run around with E lights on and just laugh. =P
Old 11-16-2004, 02:33 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Interesting post. Everyone has jackasses with fast cars nowadays. So let 'em peel out and run around with E lights on and just laugh. =P

Exactly...one reckless driving ticket and you "grow up" rrreal quick like. Gotta love insurance that doubles overnight.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
Technically the SRT-4 is not a neon. My friend works at a Dodge dealership and he was trying to convince me to buy one from him. I told him I didn't want a neon and he gave me this strange look and asked me to point out where on the car it says "neon". To my surprise there aren't any neon markings on the entire car. Dodge is trying to market this car as the SRT-4 not a performance neon. It is still very obvious that this car is based on the neon, but technically is NOT one.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by iLoqin

yup, thats what I do..... ;-)

-Ted
Old 11-16-2004, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX in WR Blue
The Dodge Ram and crossfire with the srt-10 and 6 badging still have ramand crossfire attached to thier names. The srt-4 does not because they know neons are crappy. They will always be a raunchy neon in the eyes and hearts of everyone (except those unlucky few that have them).
Old 11-16-2004, 02:49 PM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
Old 11-16-2004, 03:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Let me ask you all a question. Do you think every young kid who has a WRX/STI/SRT4 is some young punk who revs at people and think he and his car are the ****? are you just asuming all young kids are like that if? if so look again there are a couple of us out there that are more mature then the stereotipical teenager. and yes i am a teenager, and i do not rev at all the little other cars and i dont think my car is the best out there.

PS. Zoeb save your comments
Old 11-16-2004, 03:29 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by blue blurr
Let me ask you all a question. Do you think every young kid who has a WRX/STI/SRT4 is some young punk who revs at people and think he and his car are the ****? are you just asuming all young kids are like that if? if so look again there are a couple of us out there that are more mature then the stereotipical teenager. and yes i am a teenager, and i do not rev at all the little other cars and i dont think my car is the best out there.

PS. Zoeb save your comments
Get a license before you get all defensive, TIA

Quick Reply: Srt-4 Owners, WTF???