Wheel & Tire Everything about tires and wheels.

To those with Centerline RPM's - BEWARE!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:34 PM

Car Info: civic
Angry centerline rpm's beware

First off the centerline rpm is the best wheel for the money....... Second off they are a forged aluminum wheel which does not make them indestrucible. However they will crack if some one is stupid enough to use them for off roading. I personally have a set and i hit a huge pothole at 65mph; it put a nice rash on the wheel but they were stong enough to withstand this and still run true. I can guarantee that almost any other wheel would have hit that same hole and looked like a freaken taco. I happen to be a wheel and tire tech so i see a lot of "stuff" come in. so dont listen to this bozo he has no clue what a good wheel is nor does his dad! I feel sorry for the boys at Les Schwab for having to exchange out those wheels because u and your dad are scam artists and took advantage of such a good company.. what poor store did daddy rape?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
ugly wheels anyway .. these wheels probably look better on domestic vehicles.. not japanese cars.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:32 PM

haha true that
Old 11-22-2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by tjobu85
First off the centerline rpm is the best wheel for the money....... Second off they are a forged aluminum wheel which does not make them indestrucible. However they will crack if some one is stupid enough to use them for off roading. I personally have a set and i hit a huge pothole at 65mph; it put a nice rash on the wheel but they were stong enough to withstand this and still run true. I can guarantee that almost any other wheel would have hit that same hole and looked like a freaken taco. I happen to be a wheel and tire tech so i see a lot of "stuff" come in. so dont listen to this bozo he has no clue what a good wheel is nor does his dad! I feel sorry for the boys at Les Schwab for having to exchange out those wheels because u and your dad are scam artists and took advantage of such a good company.. what poor store did daddy rape?
Personally I think yall both went a little too far. Just because there was one bad set doesn't mean they were all bad. Could have been during the forge process that the temperature or pressure was not correct leading to a bad batch of wheels. Ofcourse this also does not mean that he scammed a shop. If you bought a set of wheels and tires and all of them were cracking, wouldn't you be pissed? The shop did the right thing. Besides, who off-roads in a mini? You make my point for me when you say that you were able to hit a pothole with no ill-effect where he can not drive down the road without them cracking. Obviously there was a problem with those particular wheels.

Just keepin the peace people, try not to jump on someone for somethin so small, And remember, just because you mount and balance wheels for a living and own those particular rims, doesn't mean it can't happen.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
i also have these rims. love them. i did bend one hitting a huge f'en pot hole. just a little bend. these are sweet because they are super light
Shane