Wheel & Tire Everything about tires and wheels.

Overall opinions on Rota Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Sedan
Question Overall opinions on Rota Wheels

i'm am faced with the dilema that all suby drivers must face at one time or another, choosing the right set of wheels. Now I have been looking long and hard for the right styles and I have found many kinds that would look great on my car (2003 wrb wrx), but all of them are so much damn money (overpriced). I was looking at a couple designs by rota. Rota makes a version of most all the designs I like, they're just so damn cheep I wonder about the quality. Also the name of the brand is important...so my question is; how are rota wheels and how cool are they actually? -thanks
Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo86
i'm am faced with the dilema that all suby drivers must face at one time or another, choosing the right set of wheels. Now I have been looking long and hard for the right styles and I have found many kinds that would look great on my car (2003 wrb wrx), but all of them are so much damn money (overpriced). I was looking at a couple designs by rota. Rota makes a version of most all the designs I like, they're just so damn cheep I wonder about the quality. Also the name of the brand is important...so my question is; how are rota wheels and how cool are they actually? -thanks
well i use to have a honda.....thats rota country....and this is what i have to say about your dilemma, Quality is top notch for what its worth, you get what you pay for, 99% of the time.....If you want forged, then you will pay for forged.....To me, Rota is good brand for people that cant afford the real stuff......or they just want to put there money into other mods but at the same time have rims....nothing wrong with that....some people are ballers on a budget and some peeps are just ballers...nah mean...and you question about how cool are they...depends on the rim that is going on the car...and how cool the car is...etc...blah blah....thats my take on it..thats it...
Old 06-28-2005, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 04 Red Impreza, 84 Levin GT-SR5
if you want an all out show car, then Rota=cheap. but if you want something practical to put money else where, then Rota=awesome. you'll have less worries about breaking or curbing a Rota vs Work or Volks.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
rota's are good value for the money, and will do ya just fine for all your street driving, and even most of your track excursions (Brian Lock is using slipstreams on his USTCC car).
Old 06-28-2005, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Check out many of the more expensive wheels out there, and you'll find out that hub rings are required more often than not..... a totally shoddy setup if you ask me.

In the Suby community, Rotas have EARNED a great reputation for quality and strength under abuse, and the SDRs I had were hubcentric!!!

I tried to see if I could locate Rota SDRs for my new car, but unfortunately I am SOL.

If you are hanging out with people who are going to judge you for buying Rotas, you need new friends.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:30 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
yea, i believe rotas to be a nice alternative to the big name brand wheels. i would rather put a set of rotas on my car than some ugly konigs or adr's...im soon ordering a a set ot rota torques from subydude
Old 06-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
I have the Rota Attacks on my car for months now and I'm loving em.

They look awesome and don't have any problems.

*EDIT* Talk to Subydude they are awesome
Old 06-29-2005, 10:39 AM

Does subydude list their weight? I've had trouble finding how much Rotas weigh.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by Hurucan
Does subydude list their weight? I've had trouble finding how much Rotas weigh.
It lists some of them on thier site www.subydude.com
I'd e-mail them or ask in thier forum. They are good about answering questions.

Rota's are usually in the 15-20lbs range from what I've seen.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
i believe that they do make strong quality wheels for a cheap price

however it's their reputation for their knock off designs of more popular and expensive wheels IMO that gives rota their name.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
I've had various Rotas for years. Had a couple different sets on my previous car (integra) and just got my 17x8 Hyper Black torques on my WRX yesterday.

From my own experience and research, www.jlbmotorsports.com is THE place for Rotas (as far as customer service, availability, and of course pricing )
Old 07-01-2005, 11:37 AM

I have 17" Rota Actions in steel grey on my WRB rex. I have hit plenty of potholes (the roads in Cincinnati suck), and my wheels are still as straight as the day I bought them. Plus, the finish on the wheels has withstood snow, ice, and salt and still looks great. I would definitely buy Rota's again. I wanted Volk's very badly before I bought the Rota's, but I have never regretted my purchase. Just my $.02
Old 07-03-2005, 01:22 PM
sht

Car Info: 04 rex stock like hell
Originally Posted by GSR WRX
I've had various Rotas for years. Had a couple different sets on my previous car (integra) and just got my 17x8 Hyper Black torques on my WRX yesterday.

From my own experience and research, www.jlbmotorsports.com is THE place for Rotas (as far as customer service, availability, and of course pricing )

alittle offtopic but i must see them. on the jlb website they have full royal sport bronze boost but no pics can some post some pics of them???
thanks
Old 07-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Originally Posted by 02wrbwrx
I have 17" Rota Actions in steel grey on my WRB rex. I have hit plenty of potholes (the roads in Cincinnati suck), and my wheels are still as straight as the day I bought them. Plus, the finish on the wheels has withstood snow, ice, and salt and still looks great. I would definitely buy Rota's again. I wanted Volk's very badly before I bought the Rota's, but I have never regretted my purchase. Just my $.02
Sorry, but I have to disagree. Subydude.com is THE place to get Rotas for Subarus.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
I love my Rota tarmac 1's. In gunmetal of course. And ya, subydude is the place to go, even if they don't have the tarmac 1's anymore just the #2's. Which i don't like as much.

-rich

Quick Reply: Overall opinions on Rota Wheels