WTB NOW! Cusco Zero 2Rs/other coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 00 BRP RS LIC'd 01 EJ207 + non DCCD 6 Speed
WTB NOW! Cusco Zero 2Rs/other coilovers

Alright, the other day, Adam of LIC and I put my car up on the lift to discover my two rear struts are bent and need to be replaced. Now comes the decision time....buy 2 replacement KYB struts....or scrap them and get the coilovers Ive always wanted and plan on getting later anyway. So, if any of you out there have some Cusco Zero 2Rs for sale, please please let me know! I need to take care of this soon. I am open to offers on other coilovers, depending on the coilovers and price. Let me know guys, and thanks again.

Patrick
Old 01-28-2005, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by EndlessWaltz RS
Alright, the other day, Adam of LIC and I put my car up on the lift to discover my two rear struts are bent and need to be replaced. Now comes the decision time....buy 2 replacement KYB struts....or scrap them and get the coilovers Ive always wanted and plan on getting later anyway. So, if any of you out there have some Cusco Zero 2Rs for sale, please please let me know! I need to take care of this soon. I am open to offers on other coilovers, depending on the coilovers and price. Let me know guys, and thanks again.

Patrick
JIC's 1690.00 shipped.

Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S 1410.00 shipped.
Delivering broad performance for the track to the streets, Sustec Pro S-S allows drivers to fine tune height, dampening and rebound based on track conditions and driver preference. Helper Springs eliminate pre-load of the main spring, which maximizes ride comfort and rebound stability.
4-way front adjustment, as well as 8-way rear adjustment allows drivers to fine tune dampening and rebound tunable to any track condition and driver preference. Front adjustments are located on top of the stock shaft, while rear adjustments are placed at the bottom of the shock case, offering easy access for quick suspension adjustments.

4-way front adjustment
8-way rear adjustment (4-way on certain applications)

Solid Pillow Ball Upper Mounts (applicable on certain systems)
Camber plates allow for easy adjustment of the suspension's geometry and have durable NMB pillow ball construction for solid response.
*Permits the use of the stock upper mounts.
*Upper mounts not available for certain applications but can be purchased separately.

Helper Springs
Eliminates pre-load of the main spring, which maximizes ride comfort and rebound stability.

Extreme Short Stroke / Short Case
Allows ride height to be lowered dramatically by 60~100mm (2 3/8~4in), without compromising stroke travel and ride comfort.

Sustec PRO210 Series Competition Spec Springs
Tanabe's own PRO210 Series Springs have superior strength and durability that is achieved through our state-of-the-art manufacturing process. Constructed with our linear SAE9254 Cold Wound springs with a tensile strength of 2100N/mm, this allows the coil-overs to have a direct, firm response. *For the professional suspension tuner, different spring rate sets are available for special suspension tuning.

Super Heavy Duty PRO210 Series Spring
Tanabe's own PRO210 Series Springs have superior strength and durability that is achieved through our state-of-the-art manufacturing process. Constructed with our linear SAE9254 Cold Wound springs with a tensile strength of 2100N/mm, this allows the coil-overs to have a direct, firm response.

Spring Seat & Lock Nut
Lightweight forged aluminum Spring Seat and Lock Nut ensures superior longevity and strength. Spanner wrenches are included for easy adjustment.

Double-cylinder Low Pressure Gas Design
Additional rebound stability and smoothness characteristics are achieved with this track proven design. Unlike other dual-tube designs, Tanabe has developed a dual-tube coilover that retains the ride comfort of monotube coilover suspension kits.

Bilstein 2200.00
Old 01-28-2005, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Good Lord. Thanks for all the info....now which would u suggest? The reason Im favoring the Cuscos is that I know how they ride. A bunch of my buddies have them and I am just amazed at how smooth and comfortable the ride is, very easily tolerated on a daily basis...compared to the Tein Flex's, which a few friends have as well and I don't care for. Thanks again.

Patrick
Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Come on, now.

You know my number. Call me up and order some tarmac spec CUSCO's.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Hahaha, I was wondering how long it would take you to find this...I am gonna shoot u a PM. Thanks Alex.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:52 AM

Cusco

Wow thanks Alex...............
Old 01-29-2005, 09:54 AM

Cusco

Hey Alex what is the warranty on Cusco's? and can they be rebuilt or revalved in US?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Admin v2.0

They have the standard warranty on them. Rebuilding can be done, but we send them out to Japan for that. About 15 days turnaround time.

For over 6 years selling CUSCO's, I only had to send two sets for rebuilding. They are very reliable. So, that is not even an issue.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:29 PM

actually Cusco does not rebuild, they replace dampers...much better solution overall.

I concur with Alex though, I have NEVER had to replace a single damper, regardless of application.

I'd suspect that between Alex and ourselves, no one has sold more Cusco dampers in the country either, so we are talking a really broad sampling
Old 01-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Admin v2.0

Hey Adam, they actually do rebuild some. The newer ones they just sell new cartridges.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Bump.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:54 AM

whats your exact year/model
Old 01-31-2005, 12:00 PM
VIP Member

2001 2.5 RS 5 spd, bout to be LIC'd with a MY02 Ver. 7 STi EJ207 and 6 speed. My friend has another RS with the Zero 2R's, but the WRX version, and it rides so very nicely...which is what I was thinking about.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:48 PM
VIP Member

Bump.

Quick Reply: WTB NOW! Cusco Zero 2Rs/other coilovers