Videos Share your video finds and personal videos. No pRon or NWS videos, please.

SRT-4 - Fastest Car Ever : A Video Documentary

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 09:35 PM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
if a caravan was doing 80 in the right lane and people wanted to do 90 in the left lane then its time to move the **** over
Old 12-24-2004, 08:02 AM

it sounds like the SRT owner forum is full of ignorance." STi's would only pull by half a car"- They've been sniffing wayy too many exhaust fumes
Old 12-24-2004, 11:12 AM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
Originally Posted by HighRevs22
it sounds like the SRT owner forum is full of ignorance." STi's would only pull by half a car"- They've been sniffing wayy too many exhaust fumes

How so? STi is 3300lbs and puts about 220hp and 215lb-ft to the ground. SRT-4 is 2900lbs and usually dyno around 235hp and 250lb-ft, so what do you mean by " They've been sniffing wayy too many exhaust fumes" From a roll, stock to stock, an SRT-4 CAN pull on an STi. I've seen stock SRT-4s trapping 103-104ish, care to guess where the STi traps? About the same. If an STi driver isn't on the ball for the launch those little neons can surprise you. I'm cobb stg2, and played with one of my friends with a Stg 2 SRT-4 and it wasn't even remotely funny. From a dig I could pull a good car and a half on him, but then it was over, he'd easily walk me every single time. They're a good little car for what they are.

Last edited by illusion; 12-24-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:06 PM

Stock they put down about their rated crank HP. usually 220-235hp and 240-260lb-ft(they are all over the place) This page has a stock SRT4 dyno http://www.maximumcars.net/dynovids.html They are underated to say the least. The only reason an STi has a better 0-60 is from the AWD. Stock to stock to the end of the 1320 it's a close race. From a roll the SRT4 has a very good chance. I'm not trying to defend them, personally they aren't my cup of tea, but they are fast little buggers. I'm just a lowly cobb stg 2 wagon, and I can almost hang with my buddies stock sti from a roll, he slowly creeps away from from me. One of my other buddies has a srt4 with about the same money in mods as I have on the rex and it's not even remotely funny(although I spent money on suspension as well, and most of his money was for his ATP turbo kit, puts down over 350hp and 350lb-ft to the ground at 20psi on crap cali 91 octane). I can nab about a car and a half off of the line then it's all over, he walks past me like I grabbed the ebrake. If you want quick for cheap get an older LS1 camaro and slap some boost on it, that's enough to make your ***** turn inside out. If you want a pretty damn fast car for not a lot of money and a fully factory warranty(that actually gets honored) pick up a stg 2 SRT4 from the dealer(which is about 265hp and 285lb-ft to the ground), or if you're not in cali get a Stg 3 straight from the factory which is a bigger snail, injectors, and ECU, that nets about the same as my friends atp turbo kit..

For what they are, they are hard to top. They are a relatively inexpensive little pocket rocket, although I did have to smile as I passed one that was doing about 10mph with chains on when I came back from reno today
Old 12-31-2004, 10:48 AM

A lot of the ppl on the srt forums ARE kids and DO talk a lot of crap that isn't true. Ultimately, in the 1/4, a stock SRT is somewhere between the stock WRX and stock STi. As for handling, they can argue all they want but AWD is greater than FWD. BUT... with an LSD the handling of the SRT does come close to the WRX but not STi. Unless the SRT is running slicks, first 60 feet will go to AWD cars anyday.

But to clear up some misconceptions, SRT's ARE underrated from the factory. 2004 hp bumps are actually Dodge's way of saying oops... we made a mistake. Crank horsepower should actually be closer to this. And the van that took out the SRT... is a Turbo Dodge

Watch this video rebuttal to that. It's just as amusing
http://www.dodgez.com/movies/cobras_rule.wmv
Old 12-31-2004, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Fluff
I just would like to say one thing. While I do respect the SRT-4, I must correct illusion when he said that the STI puts down 215 to the ground ( I was like WTF?!?!) The STI puts between 255-260 HP, 245-255 FT/lb to the ground. Just check out some of the stock dyno numbers around here, or in any mag. So now the SRT-4 and STI do NOT put out similar numbers.

Im not flameing the SRT-4, Just correcting a Flaud Statement. Accually I think the SRT-4 just has a bad rap because a lot more younger kids have it due to its smaller price tag.

On vishnus dyno, stock is about 215hp and 210lb-ft. Not a flawed statement, just a mean dyno, dyno dynamics is pretty ornery. Green is stock.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:08 PM

Dodge really underrated the car. I have yet to see an SRT dyno less than 215 hp at the wheels.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by illusion
If you want a pretty damn fast car for not a lot of money and a fully factory warranty(that actually gets honored) pick up a stg 2 SRT4 from the dealer(which is about 265hp and 285lb-ft to the ground), or if you're not in cali get a Stg 3 straight from the factory which is a bigger snail, injectors, and ECU, that nets about the same as my friends atp turbo kit..
All Mopar stages 1 through 3 come with no warranty and could void factory warranty, and by the way none of the Mopar stages are street legal, I should know I was going to buy a SRT4 and spend another 10k to improve the handling and power but then I desided to buy my STi that comes with 300 hp, better suspension and of course all wheel drive and it's all with a warranty.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:35 AM

You could slap a Viper V-10 Venom 800 Hennessy special in that thing, and it's still a Neon. Also, purchasing these Neons will give you massive *****, since it will give the urge to hunt and race every import vehicle that has either a set of wheels, wings, or exhaust driving along the freeway. I've seen four SRT-4 Neons (different cars I tell you) this past week, and every occasion they've either provoke or annoyed import drivers to a race. You'll see them weaving through traffic in a hurry coming right up beside you or the target vehicle and provoke them by revving the engine, flashing their headlights, or anything to get their thrill. The jerk that was doing this to me didn't even let up when he notice my family was with me. So I told my wife to point as his car and laugh and I'd slow down to 5 miles below the speed limit and see how long he will play this childish behavior. And usually they'll rocket off, satisfied with their driving skills; but some of these jerks will cut you off too.

So beware of the Neon *****.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Originally Posted by NeonRT99
Dodge really underrated the car. I have yet to see an SRT dyno less than 215 hp at the wheels.
I agree, they are surprisingly powerful. However, they can't use that power well. I've driven a Stage 3 SRT-4 (the factory package) and it was a terror in a straight line, but try to turn a corner and touch the gas, and that inside right wheel would light up and smoke -- no traction at all. Every corner I took in that car, I had to gingerly brake all the way through and couldn't get on the gas until I was totally out of the turn and dead straight. Also, when launching from a stop, the torque steer was outrageous -- I had to fight the wheel like a bucking bronco. The owner had decent tires on the car, not the factory rubber, and he'd tuned up the suspension as well; FWD just isn't an ideal application of that much power.

As you can imagine, WRX drivers aren't knocked out by a car that can only go fast in a straight line!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I don't think it's just srt owners, I get honda guys trying to mess with me all the time, and my car looks totally stock. IMHO it's an extension of thier non existant *****. Immature people will challenge or talk smack to anyone they feel threatened by, even if your non threatening. Sometimes you have to be the bigger man, don't worry they'll make themselves look stupid.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by meilers
I agree, they are surprisingly powerful. However, they can't use that power well. I've driven a Stage 3 SRT-4 (the factory package) and it was a terror in a straight line, but try to turn a corner and touch the gas, and that inside right wheel would light up and smoke -- no traction at all. Every corner I took in that car, I had to gingerly brake all the way through and couldn't get on the gas until I was totally out of the turn and dead straight. Also, when launching from a stop, the torque steer was outrageous -- I had to fight the wheel like a bucking bronco. The owner had decent tires on the car, not the factory rubber, and he'd tuned up the suspension as well; FWD just isn't an ideal application of that much power.

As you can imagine, WRX drivers aren't knocked out by a car that can only go fast in a straight line!
I think the one you drove was a 03 that doesn't come with a LSD (limited slip differential) the 04 models come with LSD and takes care of the torque steer and also transfers torque to the outside tire in turns, big difference.

Quick Reply: SRT-4 - Fastest Car Ever : A Video Documentary