Videos Share your video finds and personal videos. No pRon or NWS videos, please.

Some cool TKD vids

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
Some cool TKD vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-V3aplGE_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4JBq1Wf2SQ
Old 01-18-2007, 05:15 PM

Car Info: '05 OBP/G, '06 SGM/S
Why exactly do those videos consist of nothing but kicks? Kind of boring...
Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM

TKD sparring is mostly kicks because of where TKD came from. Same reason boxing is only punching. Has to be different. Also to make TaeKwonDo an Olympic event it had to be different that is why there is no punching to the face in most competions. Street fighting all depends on the person.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 07 Satin Pearl White STi
Olympic TKD sucks, it looks rubbish and technique is just swinging a leg at your opponent.. Even the referee sucks, the person is clearly knock clean out and he starts counting WTF (ha ha World Taekwondo Federation).. Non-continuous fighting is not fighting unless its fencing cause in the real world you'd be dead..

I did TKD for 5yrs and to be fair it was the worst Martial Art I ever did. I moved on to Karate, then Muay Thai, Vale Tudo, Capoeria & Escrima and to be Fair TKD is at the bottom of the list - And to be fair I think these videos show that..

Sorry for the rant Nerd, but hey everyone to there own..
Old 01-21-2007, 05:06 PM

Im not saying TaeKwonDo is the best Martial Art is the best Martial Art. Every Martial Art has its own pluses and minuses. It really comes down to the fighter. It also comes down to the teacher. Also to say that Olympic TKD technique is just swinging your leg around is just like saying boxing is throwing puches without thinking. In the end with this I am not saying that one Martial Art is better than another. I have almost 18 years of experiance in TaeKwonDo with national and international success. I have also studied other Martial Arts, Kung Fu, Karate, and Boxing. Your rite to everyone there own.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Car Info: wrx
TKD in this form has been watered down into a sport. from the videos it shows that TKD focuses on the kicks a lot. they seem to focus it so much that they limit themselves to only kicks which is not good.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 07 Satin Pearl White STi
Originally Posted by nerd
Im not saying TaeKwonDo is the best Martial Art is the best Martial Art. Every Martial Art has its own pluses and minuses. It really comes down to the fighter. It also comes down to the teacher. Also to say that Olympic TKD technique is just swinging your leg around is just like saying boxing is throwing puches without thinking. In the end with this I am not saying that one Martial Art is better than another. I have almost 18 years of experiance in TaeKwonDo with national and international success. I have also studied other Martial Arts, Kung Fu, Karate, and Boxing. Your rite to everyone there own.
I agree totally with you but I think Olympic TKD is a very watered down martial art - No head strikes (punching), wearing padding, point scoring etc.. This art was changed in order to get into the olympics, where are the pattern elements of TKD, the breaking elements.. Sorry don't mean to go off on TKD, everyone to their own I agree totally..

I don't believe you have to be a good fighter to be a good martial artist too.. Some of the best martial artist are over 70yrs old.. Do you think they can still fight?

Martial art was initially designed for combat but through the centuries has develop both a spiritual and physical aspect.. I think you need both to be truely an Art (In the purist sense of the word that is) Every art has its good and bad undoubtably.. I don't mean to put down any art simply challenge it, and I think my challenge should make it better because a Martial Art should be able to fight every battle even the worded ones

Still though there are some nice KO's in the Vid
Old 01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
It scares the hell outta me the way that TKD'ers keep their hands at their sides most of the time.
TKD would be a devastating style if 1.) It focused more on power techniques to produce bodily damage in addition to just head KO's (specifically, if the roundhouse was a power kick like Muay Thai instead of a speed kick like it is now in TKD), and 2.) It develop its hands more, at least to improve defense.
I'd say these two fundamental changes would make TKD that much more effective, right up there with Muay Thai and Seidokaikan-style karate. Because everyone knows it's no fun getting tagged with a TKD-style thrusting kick
Just my 2 cents.