Videos Share your video finds and personal videos. No pRon or NWS videos, please.

MINES R34 GT-R vs DynoComp STi

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 01:18 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
dudei would be proud to go up against the best that japan has

r34 is old and all the problems are sorted out

the subaru is still new they need to dial it in
Old 03-24-2007, 05:16 PM

Car Info: '07 STI
its true that going up against one of the best from Japan is something to be proud of, but i just feel that if you're going to come here to do a special edition of touge battle, shouldn't you have just the american spec cars battle it out first, and then perhaps do a us vs japan sorta deal? just my opinion on this...

plus, why are they now using Kazama as the other driver? I thought it was much better when Orido was driving against Tsuchiya.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:30 PM

Car Info: C32 AMG, Lincoln Navigator, LS1 Trans Am, E36 Bmw
Two ugly chicks + Unbalanced cars (30k vs.100k) = One crappy comparison. If anything, all we saw was a battle of driver skill. +1 for the USDM tuner, that's one heck of a setup on the suby!

Last edited by AJBoost; 03-24-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:34 PM

Car Info: GC8
The Skyline is only 100K in America. A Brand new R34 in Japan would go for mid 40's, and also weighs 409lbs more than the STi from the factory. And I doubt that car was purchased brand new.
Mines is also one of those companys that doesnt go crazy with weight reduction. Other than the carbon fiber wing and hood Im pretty sure all of the other body panels are stock. I've never driven an R34, but there's no way the understeer of an STi is worse than a Skyline. Imagine driving your STi with another 400lb's, mostly on the front end due to a heavy inline 6.
No one can say that Kazama is as good or a better driver than Tsuchiya, but c'mon guys, stop making excuses for Dynocomp. They dont need you to cover their asses for them.

"r34 is old and all the problems are sorted out
the subaru is still new they need to dial it in."

Give me a break. Would the MINEs '07 STi or '07 Evo have the same problems as the dynocomp STi? No. MINEs is a better tuning company, they have more experience and more knowledge than 90% of any other tuning company out there. I can only think of one other company that MAY equal them, and that is JUN.

The simple fact is that it doesnt get any better than MINEs.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:11 PM

Car Info: 413whp/461wtq
Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge
I've never driven an R34, but there's no way the understeer of an STi is worse than a Skyline. Imagine driving your STi with another 400lb's, mostly on the front end due to a heavy inline 6.
i think your fogetting that the Skyline mainly is a RWD car that has the ability to go AWD when needed through the ATTESA E-TS all-wheel- drive system. so it handles more like a RWD car than a AWD car, which in turn gives it much more drivability and less understeer.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 AM

Car Info: GC8
Originally Posted by NorCalBugEye
i think your fogetting that the Skyline mainly is a RWD car that has the ability to go AWD when needed through the ATTESA E-TS all-wheel- drive system. so it handles more like a RWD car than a AWD car, which in turn gives it much more drivability and less understeer.
IF, the settings are adjusted properly. The Skyline only handles like a RWD car in a straight line/until the rear wheels start to slip. Once it enters a corner it is going to suffer from understeer just as any other pig of an AWD car would. Speaking from a stock standpoint, the Skyline is going to start off much worse than the STi. The subject in question here is the tuners ability.
Dynocomp isnt complaining about the loss, why is everyone here? Dont be so offended that an STi actually lost, it happens a lot.
When you start with a good base car, and you know how to tune it, you get a good final car. Look at XS Engineering. EXPERIENCE.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP

Originally Posted by BLUEJ20
nice rack
Yea, that blond with all her curves made the gal next to her look like a little boy. Not a fan of fake ***** though.