Videos Share your video finds and personal videos. No pRon or NWS videos, please.

Knees in the breeze

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005 | 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
The Four Winds.
Old 04-16-2005 | 09:21 AM

Car Info: Real Slow
Only place I got see on Benning was Harmony Church.
Old 05-02-2005 | 08:19 PM
VIP Member

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/doublemal.html

Old 05-03-2005 | 03:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
my buddy is in airborne right now.

Then he tests for ranger. But it looks like he's gonna be an airborne ranger. infantry.
Old 05-03-2005 | 07:16 PM
VIP Member

tell your buddy to log onto www.armyranger.com.
Old 05-04-2005 | 10:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by gpatmac
tell your buddy to log onto www.armyranger.com.

Don't you have to BE a ranger to be granted access there? Or is that another site I'm thinking of?

He hasn't passed his testing yet..or started for that matter. But he's doing it right. He's going at it all at once.

Boot/AIT/Airborne. testing. then ranger school then assignment.

The kids ***** out and a downright stud. He ran 2 miles in 12 minutes in the rain with a lung infection. He's a damn brick. I talked to him on his first call out and he said the physical stuff...was quote....a breeze. He qualified high in all of his tests so far. I think he got 300.

He wanted to go in as an airborne medic but they didn't give him medic.

personally with his background I thought he should go something water/rescue orientated. He's a stud. Water polo. Swimming...all that stuff. I just hope his dumb *** stays alive. He's like my little brother.

My girl little brother enlisted reserve at 17. He's got AIT this summer and he's thinking going active. He did it all wrong. He's gonna be an MP. I told him to try to get assigned to hawaii. Haaa. I know 3 guys that went MP and got sent out there.

I tested really well. Pilot was my number one recommendation. Freakin med history jacked me and they said no. So I said..no thanks. No flying...no signing.

I'll tell him. Need to quit being lazy and write the kid.
Old 05-04-2005 | 10:48 AM

Car Info: iono nemore
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
My girl little brother enlisted reserve at 17. He's got AIT this summer and he's thinking going active. He did it all wrong.
How is he doing it all wrong? Doing reserves then going active?

I remember seeing that video in reception at Ft. Benning, same corny music. Very high speed nether the less.
Old 05-04-2005 | 10:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by oct1285
How is he doing it all wrong? Doing reserves then going active?

I remember seeing that video in reception at Ft. Benning, same corny music. Very high speed nether the less.

since he was under 18 and still in school he had to split up his bootcamp and AIT.

He's gotten lazy and hasn't done what he needs to do and might not be able to do AIT...no lisense.

On top of that when you do reserves then active you don't get the same bonus..if you want to go active...go active. And right now going reserves is almost pointless.

I think the reserves is a great system and a great opportunity for some people. But it's also a lot easier to drag your *** and waste time.
Old 05-04-2005 | 10:56 AM

Car Info: iono nemore
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
On top of that when you do reserves then active you don't get the same bonus..if you want to go active...go active. And right now going reserves is almost pointless.

I think the reserves is a great system and a great opportunity for some people. But it's also a lot easier to drag your *** and waste time.
yeah your right about the bonus thing. I lost my bonus when i went active duty from reserves. Luckily i got half of it before hand. Come to think of it I prolly would have benefitted from doing active from the start.
Old 05-04-2005 | 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Bonuses for prior service have recently been increased. There's great potential that a reservist who opts to go active could stand to earn the same as a non-prior service kid who is receiving the maximum amount possible.

Your buddy is doing a good thing, but he'd better get his license if that's what his recruiter is telling him.

OCT12, unfortunately you probably enlisted at a time when the prior-service bonuses weren't there.
Old 05-05-2005 | 10:41 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Dang it...

Originally Posted by gpatmac
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Bonuses for prior service have recently been increased. There's great potential that a reservist who opts to go active could stand to earn the same as a non-prior service kid who is receiving the maximum amount possible.

Your buddy is doing a good thing, but he'd better get his license if that's what his recruiter is telling him.

OCT12, unfortunately you probably enlisted at a time when the prior-service bonuses weren't there.
I can't stress this enough....DON'T JOIN THE MILITARY FOR THE $$$. There is no money to be made in the military. If it's cash your after, there's plenty of oportunity to make it as a civilian. I'm already taking steps now to make sure all my kids (when I have them) will have enough cash to go to any University they can get into. If someone asks them why they joined, their only response will be, "To serve my country". I remember giving that response to people and was stunned when some of them laughed.

You can't put a price on life. If a bonus is a deciding factor in joining up, ask yourself this; Is your life worth $30K?
Old 05-05-2005 | 10:47 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
I can't stress this enough....DON'T JOIN THE MILITARY FOR THE $$$. There is no money to be made in the military. If it's cash your after, there's plenty of oportunity to make it as a civilian. I'm already taking steps now to make sure all my kids (when I have them) will have enough cash to go to any University they can get into. If someone asks them why they joined, their only response will be, "To serve my country". I remember giving that response to people and was stunned when some of them laughed.

You can't put a price on life. If a bonus is a deciding factor in joining up, ask yourself this; Is your life worth $30K?
Well said. I have a friend that recently bought and EVO and now he lost his job and can't really afford it. He said he was thinking about signing up for the Army so he could keep his car. What a rediculous idea I thought. Sign up for something your half committed to to pay for something that is going to depreciate in value while your training and deployed while risking your life all at the same time. Only sign up if you have accepted the reality of what could happen and you are fully committed to the hardship you will endure.
Old 05-05-2005 | 11:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop

^^^

What he said.
Old 05-18-2020 | 11:13 PM

Car Info: Ford f150
I am the hidden door was special to me

Originally Posted by Salty
Not aware of the "hidden door."
what ever happened to the hidden door was there in 89 and in 90 while in Airborne School...

Right before deploying to desert storm/Shield