Videos Share your video finds and personal videos. No pRon or NWS videos, please.

06 Litchfield Impreza STI A-Line

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by fullerswrx
yep, add another dream car to my list.
well you all know, despite how cool the video makes it look, theres no voodoo or black magic in their setup. You can get the same performance out of any STI here with the same bolt-ons. They are basically just using a full whilteline suspension(G4s, sways, ALKs) and although the engine/turbo setup they have is truely awesome, its a bit overengineered if they are only trying to get 415crank hp out of it. Hell Im getting around 380crank hp out of just a TD05 20G on a stock block STI and pump gas, when i put the SR40 on I should be able to get it around 400 crank on a safe pump gas tune, and those things spool damn near like stock on a 2.5. So take the T25 off your list and just puck up an sti here, hell you could probably put one together thats even faster for less money
Old 11-11-2006, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
I agree. There is no need to reach for Porsche or Cosworth parts to build a car that drives like that; Whiteline, APS and JDM can make just such a car with a big drop in cost. Certainly a Stoptech BBK would outshine the Porsche brakes (I know 911 owners who have *upgraded* to Stoptechs). Putting all the Euro parts on that STI will certainly jack up the bill, but there is no engineering magic that they have that JDM and AUS makers can't match, and this way you can do bolt-ons instead of "make it fit" solutions like I'm certain they had to do with the brakes.

Still, pretty damn amazing. With AWD and the ability to drift so easily, you'd go through tires at a set per month.