Used Aftermarket Car Parts For Sale Only second hand aftermarket car parts can be listed here by private parties only!

FS: Helix DNA Coilovers for 02+ RS/WRX, 04 STi

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 02:54 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza 2.5RS, '00 Forester L
FS: Helix DNA Coilovers for 02+ RS/WRX, 04 STi

Newborns and stiff rides don't really mix, so I've decided to sell my coilovers in order to fund a slightly more forgiving setup.

These are Helix DNA coilovers. Here's the official description:
"Helix DNA Sport Coilovers are designed to suit the average vehicle enthusiast. Unlike race coilovers which often exhibit harsh ride characteristics, high cost, and sometimes excessive noise, Helix DNA Sport Coilovers are designed primarily for street service with mild track service in mind. Featuring excellent ride characteristics and lower cost, these coilovers are a fine balance of street function and track service. Fully rebuildable and available in multiple spring rates."

Details:
-Application for 02+ RS or WRX and 04 STi
-Lightweight aluminum shock body
-16pt adjustment for damping (bump/rebound combined) at each strut top
-Independent height adjustment
-Independent spring pre-load adjustment
-Full upper pillow ball mounts
-Front topmounts allow camber adjustment
-8kg (448 lbs) front, 6kg (336 lbs) rear springs

I've been pretty pleased with these, and am not exactly thrilled about having to give them up. They're perfectly tolerable for street driving, and are fantastic for autocross.

I've had them on my car since early November '05, for about 12,700 miles at this point. Most of those miles are highway commute, from Dayton to Carson or Reno, or some combination of the three. They also have a "whopping" 6 autocross days on them.

One of the studs on the front passenger-side topmount was over-torqued a bit during installation and broke off within the first 30 miles. It was replaced with a generic bolt and nut that fits quite snugly (and is probably stronger than the stock ones anyway), and the others on all four corners were checked and re-torqued to proper spec. They're all still there after 12,700 miles, so they're safe. If a potential buyer has any qualms about that generic bolt, I can still get a real replacement from Gruppe-s that can be pressed back in.

Other than that one stud, the coilovers are in great condition - I've babied them on the street.

They will fit straight up to any '02 or later RS or WRX (not sure about '06, though) and '04 STi (but not '05 STi). You will need camber bolts for the rear struts to avoid excessive negative camber.

$700 (OBO) shipped for coilovers and adjustment wrenches.

Please note that attached pic is from before installation. I'll have current pics up after I get the coilovers cleaned up a bit.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Helix DNA Coilovers for 02+ RS/WRX, 04 STi-img_4223.jpg  

Last edited by M3n2c3; 08-04-2006 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza 2.5RS, '00 Forester L
Sold!