Subaru Dealerships in Rockland County...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
Subaru Dealerships in Rockland County...

Just wondering if you guys could mention a few. There's this kid I know with a hooked up black 03 wrx sedan and I was wondering if it's all dealer options. I heard from a friend that it all is. If so, I have to call this guy out (caught beef with him a while back). His mods are exahust, small wheels (16 I guess), STi hood scoop, and a Rally Style wing. Thanks...
Old 02-20-2003, 05:10 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX WAGON
Bill Kolb Jr Subaru in Orangeburg. I got my car there. Talk to Alex about anything and everything WRX related. He's good. He will give you all the info you need regarding what mods F with the warranty etc. They are also mod friendly. They installed a bunch of my mods. It costs some more, but at least you know its done right and there won't be a song and dance if you take it back for service.

Generally I think car dealers are scumbags, but I've bought 2 cars from Bill Kolb and the salesmen were 100% on the level. The former finance guy was a tool, but as I said, he is the former finance guy.

PM me anytime if you need anymore info. I've got my ride looking righteous and am always willing to help another WRX brother if I can.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
I guess there are always good and bad experiences with everyone, although the fact that you say they're mod friendly entices me. I want to mod my car but I haven't done anything in performance yet because I know that the warranty will get voided. How lenient are they in accepting mods?
Old 02-21-2003, 06:05 AM

They have been very lenient in accepting mods in my experience. In fact, the cardinal sin of mods is an ECU change. The guy told me if I do that, definitely get the piggy back kind so I can take it out should I need service. His words to me were "As long as I don't know about, I don't care".

One more thing. You are right that different people have different experiences. I'm not saying that Bill Kolb Subaru doesn't ever screw up. Mistakes are made by everyone. I can say that I have referred 3 other people to Bill Kolb Jr Subaru for cars, and they have all had fine experiences and no complaints. But as my grandmother used to say "Everybody to their own notion the old lady said as she kissed the cow". I can comment only only on what I know. Bill Kolb Jr Subaru has been good to me so far. I don't want to get into a back forth about the place. I simply bought 2 cars from the mothereffer. I'm not his lawyer.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:57 AM

Car Info: MY00, Impreza 2.5RS, Saab Yellow
Bill Kolb Jr Subaru is okay in my books. Now I have not bought anyting from them. I do go there for other stuff, and I know the techs there too.

I have have brought a co-worker there to get there car and I would tell other people to go there too.

Its just the people that you know that helps.

-Mark
Old 02-21-2003, 11:06 AM

Car Info: WRBlue WRX modded!!!
Talking B.Kolb Subaru ...

They are great

enough said

Weasel 555
Old 02-21-2003, 05:01 PM

Re: B.Kolb Subaru ...

Originally posted by Weasel 555
They are great

enough said

Weasel 555
And if Weasel says it, you can take that to the bank!
Old 02-21-2003, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 00 RS - Silverthorn / 04 Forester XT - PSM
whee!!! I Live like a mile away from them, and am gonna most likely get another car from them.