NJ: '95 Impreza L coupe w/WRX motor/driveline, Link ecu, other mods...INCOMPLETE

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:51 AM

Car Info: NSX, 3 WRXs :eek:, '98 Outback, '96 Legacy wagon
NJ: '95 Impreza coupe w/WRX motor (25k miles) and RA gearset, etc...incomplete

This car now has the RA Group N gearset and Exedy clutch that Rallispec originally put in my '02 WRX 2k miles ago. This set up ran me $2500 in parts and labor just a few months ago when they installed in in my '02 WRX, and it has now been swapped into this '95 Impreza (once again, by Rallispec), as I prefer the RA ratios, plus I have an FP20g that I purchased for this car that will require the stronger gears.

I have been unable to do anything else to it, other than the tranny/clutch swap, which Rallispec performed. Because I'm working two jobs, and studying for the law school admission test in December, then banging out applications, I will not be able to work on this car until early 2005, so I wanted to feel out the buyer market for it. It will live in my garage on jackstands until I can find time to finish the project, unless someone takes it off my hands.

I'm asking $6500 obo for this set up. The car is stored in my garage.

Here is original post from when I bought the car from a fellow nasioc'er:

1995 Blue Impreza L 97,000 miles on the body...it weighed 2400 lbs from the factory, and will be a BEAST w/the swap completed.

Mods:

WRX front and rear struts/springs
WRX steering Rack
WRX Crossmember
WRX 5 speed Tranny (I swapped it out for the RA gearset, mentioned above)
WRX Front and Rear Brake Upgrade
WRX front seats
B&M Short Shifter
Link Engine Management - Wired In
Stock TD04 Turbo
Blitz Nurspec 3" Cat Back
WRX USDM EJ20 (25k miles)
Nardi Torino Steering Wheel
Euro WRX Tachometer
New Clutch and throwout bearing (I swapped it for an Exedy clutch, mentioned above)
Version 5 Front Bumper (not pictured)
Version 5 Hood (not pictured)
(needs wheels)

*drivetrain swap needs to be finish all parts needed are included*
specifically, driveshaft install, clutch slave install and bleed the brakes.

Car can be seen by appointment.
This is a older picture to get a visualization of what it looks like!

Since buying the car with the above mods, I have purchased the following items, which I'll offer to the buyer at discounted prices. (I will not sell any of these items separately, so please don't ask):

-FP20g turbo w/greddy housing - $600 if you buy the car
-jdm Legacy b4 17x7" wheels w/215/45/17 performance tires w/good meat remaining (~70%) - $700 if you buy the car
-jdm STi ver 5/6 red/gray suede front seats - $475 if you buy the car
-jdm WRX downpipe - $25 if you buy the car
-2001 Impreza RS headlights (brand new) - $125 if you buy the car
-RS hood scoop/vents + all 3 hood backing plates - $25 if you buy the car
-WRX head unit w/Subaru underseat sub (I'm told it will plug right up to a '95 Impreza, but I haven't tried yet) - $75 if you buy the car

Please contact me with any questions or to check out the car. It will need to be flatbedded away from my garage.

Mark
crazyfastwrx@yahoo.com
cell: 609-287-9806

Last edited by annointed; 01-03-2005 at 11:44 PM. Reason: STi seats now available as well
Old 11-16-2004, 09:10 AM

Now with RA gearset and upgraded clutch...I have no time to finish this project...$7250 obo
Old 11-19-2004, 10:03 AM

I took 14 pics of the car as it sits, and hosted them on yahoo. I apologize for my out of date digicam, it doesn't take the best pics.

See current pics of the car here:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann...dwrx/my_photos

Mark
Old 11-19-2004, 10:04 AM

I just arranged to pick up some jdm red/grey suede Ver 5/6 STi coupe front seats next week. If I keep this car, they are going to be swapped in. If a buyer steps up for the car, I can upgrade it to the STi seats for just $550. You will not find a better price on clean, jdm Ver 5 STi seats...just another incentive for the future buyer of this car I'll update the thread when I pick up the seats in 5 days.

Mark
Old 12-10-2004, 07:42 AM

Price lowered. Now $6750 obo. Help me pay off my last credit card before grad school starts!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:43 PM

Price on the car and available mods has been lowered again, and it is now at $6500 obo.

I just went out to my garage and took 22 more pics of the car, focusing on the body's flaws, since I've had a number of people requesting info on the body's condition, etc. I would like to add that the flash on my camera makes the hood look silverish, but in person it looks black. The flash also brings out several greasy fingerprints around the hood release latch from my fingers, which should obviously be cleaned off before the hood is painted. Amazing what a flash photo reveals The shots of the dash also look like a faded light gray, but in person, the dash is a blackish dark gray. I'm not sure why the flash has the effect of lightening the gray parts of the car, but it does. The hood is popped or raised in all pics. It closes nicely and properly, but I didn't think to take any pics with it fully closed...as you can see, the car is surrounded by WRX wheels, bumpers, and other such parts in my garage The bags in the engine bay are to cover up and protect the turbo, intake, etc from dust, water, or any other foreign contaminent, although the car is kept in my houses indoor garage 24/7.

The link to these pics is http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/annoin...dwrx/my_photos

I've been going ahead with this project with intentions of finishing it and enjoying the car for the next 4 years while I complete law and business school. In addition to what's on the car, the parts that I've recently sourced for the car are as follows:

-Right front fender (red)
-'02 WRX wheels w/very worn tires
-RS hood vents
-WRX rear strut tops
-WRX AC compressor
-Forester washer bottle (twin pump for future intercooler waterspray mod)'
-'02 WRX hydraulic clutch components (master + slave cyl and other hardware)

I've spent over $500 on these parts alone, not to mention the time and effort of sourcing them, but I'm going to include them to the buyer of the car, so you won't have to worry about finding these parts to finish the swap).