Moto Imports long island NY

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 11:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
I'll vouch for Junior anyday... he's tuned my previous turbo car and he'll be doing this one as soon as the dynojet comes in.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:39 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX MBP Stage 2 SQC 220
JR. tuned my car too...he's one of the best tuners in the Tri State Area. I would like to see a D.Brown vs Jr Tuning competition=)
Old 08-12-2005, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 1WCKDSTI
hey guys great news.. as of tomorrow Moto Imports will be officially open they're going to have a new dynojet within 2-3 weeks
tel# 631-588-8359 ask for Junior or Mike
L.I.S.C and SQC members will have special discounts on dynos and any major installations

address:
15 trade zone drive
ronkonkoma 11779 long island NY

Junior (TurboTrix) is the man
That's the longest two to three weeks I have ever heard of someone waqiting to get a dyno. It must be that old man in the front that owns the shop I guess, he's so damn cheap it seems like. I was gonna bring my car there to have junior tune it, I heard really good things about him, but the owner just pissed me off. Plus I stopped by there twice and I don't think anyone but Junior knows what they are talking about there. All they tried to do was sell my friend a Skyline that isn't even a legal car here. All I wanted was a tune but now I am going to take my business somewhere else, the owner of that place is losing it a lot of business.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 PM

Thumbs down

2 people just got there Skylines taken away from them in Florida a couple of days ago by the EPA because they were not federalized. The only place that has sold federalized cars at all is in California and they are having problems of there own. Anybody can buy a Skyline, import it, register it in NY, Fl, Az, and many other places and get a title and registration but that does not mean it's legal. My friend broiught one in and it cost him nothing to get it registered but he is trying to export it because he knows now that the government is going to come after him for it. He ended up getting a 95 Skyline GTR and it cost him between $22,000 and $23,000 with shipping and getting it registered with taxes paid and everything. These guys are trying to sell there for like $60,000 or something like that.

As for not paying attention to the old man, that's kind of hard whenhe was breathing down my neck the whole time I was there. Plus when I called he told me Junior was working call back later, I called back every hour and got the same answer until finally he told me something different. Call back tomorrow, Jr.s not here. Gee thanks. Yeah, let me waste my whole day trying to get in touch with someone so that I can spend money, get blown off all day by the old man and then listen to you tell me not to pay attention to him. He wouldn't even take my name and number to give him for him to call me back, I don't think he understands English too well. He definately doesn't know a damn thing about cars and I don't know why he would want to own a shop when he doesn't have a clue. But, whatever, it's there business not mine so they could do whatever they like. It won't be there long anyway the way it is. The only thing that i'm really upset about, to tell you the truth, is that my car didn't get tuned.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:34 PM

Thumbs down You dont know a thing about what you are talking about

Obviously you do not know anything about skylines or importing. I bought a car from them R33 and have NO problems. Just moved down to Florida and had no problems(Orlando). If you did your true research, you would know that moto imports aka Vehicle and Emission Testing Services is a ICI. They are one of 4 in the country. EPA certified lab and independent commercial importer. Call the EPA and ask. Second of all, EPA does not impound cars or seize them, and again call the EPA and ask away. Actually call Bruce Sudnek who is in charge of the EPA over in Auburn Michigan. So, next time you go shooting your mouth to people who now very close friends of mine, do your homework.

I didn't deal with the old man much except for when he let me make payments on my car and trusted me driving it around.

Anyway, quit your *****ing, cause honestly I dont think I would want to deal with your whinny *** if I was the shop owner either.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
Actually... if you really knew what was going on in that shop, you'd laugh. It's getting to be no better than Motorex's practices. The cars really aren't federalized, are they. Hope none of you get caught on the major highways by the FHA...

And before you go rip my head off... ARE THE CARS FEDERALIZED?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:00 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX MBP Stage 2 SQC 220
in all defense to Jr...it is not easy to schedule a tune with him. When he was working at Turbotrix I had to wait close to a month before I could get a tune. It's not motoimports it's just that jr is that good!

I have worked with them professionally (my company created and designed their busines cards) as well as have been a customer. I know of 2 ppl that have bought skylines from them and both have had no complaints or problems.

On the Flip Side...Junior is no longer there. And one of the main reasons of Moto's success was because of Jr. I have to disagree with some of their business practices and procedures but I'm sure Moto will do fine. All you need is a little patience...buying a skyline is not an easy process but that's the price you have to pay for such a rare item.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:07 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
i was just tlaking to 2 guys yesterday about junior last night while i was at mspt in long lsland. sounds like one of the guys^^^
Old 12-15-2005, 05:44 AM

Car Info: ecutek and cobb tuning
Originally Posted by TRTrex
JR. tuned my car too...he's one of the best tuners in the Tri State Area. I would like to see a D.Brown vs Jr Tuning competition=)
junior is a great guy helped us out with a ecutek and utec combo tune
he has been doing utec tuning alot longer than me so as far as a utec tune off
he would make more numbers than me on the dyno---i will only push it so far.
it your car not mine.
dave/mspt
Old 12-16-2005, 01:33 AM

Junior is at ICSperformance in conneticut now.

& Luis is back at school.

Motoimports is a waste of time without them two!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:00 PM

Car Info: 1994SVX
old thread but where is ICSperformance in CT
Old 04-03-2006, 07:02 PM

icsperformance.com stamford CT

Quick Reply: Moto Imports long island NY