Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

very chilling video about OBAMA.... crazy stuff

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:15 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by nslow_fast_out
this November people will vote for who they believe is best qualified in securing its people and economy i understand we could never have a perfect president but the scary part is alooott of people who arent as "aware" or follow current events/reliable unbiased sources of news will find someone like barrack to be very appealing based just on he's a smooth talker, maybe the "first black president" and his promise for "change".
not enough experience Imo
You can't fault the guy if people find him likable and there will always be uninformed and very misguided voters. There's no way around that, but Barack's big mouth pastor is is a very fragile reason to assume that he has anti-american beliefs. The is running for president after all and he has much support. And he doesn't seem anywhere near as hollow and transparent as Hillary and her fake accent's and patronizing her crowds. As far as McCain is concerned, I disagree with his unwavering belief that the war is working and that he would want our troops in there for as long as it takes to see whatever results he imagines there should be.

I'm also not drinking the "cut and run" Koolaid either. I know that part of Nixon's campaign was to get us out of Vietnam. Just when it seemed like the war was going to wind down, he decided we should invade Cambodia which we had already been covertly carpet bombing for a full year prior. Needless to say American's were both surprised and angered which sparked countless protests around the country to bring our troops back.

I would like to see a solid plan for exiting Iraq. So far Barack has the most sensible one.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti aka Subrina!
when it comes down to his plan sure of the three canidates he probably does have the most sensible one for Iraq ill take obama over Hillary anyday haha. after the video got posted it seemed like most people were so quick to defend obama and denounce the whole video.

lets just put it out there for everyone to decide for themselves.. where was the inaccuracy of the video? i and others deserve to know which part was fact/fiction

personally im going to think critically and try to find out as much dirt as i can and exploit what we already know of the canidates and as of lately obama being in the spotlight hasnt necessarily been a positive one for obama.

another big thing for me is "illegal immigration" and "international trade" guess ill have to look into what his plans are.

Last edited by nslow_fast_out; 04-25-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:00 PM

when it comes down to his plan sure of the three canidates he probably does have the most sensible one for Iraq ill take obama over Hillary anyday haha. after the video got posted it seemed like most people were so quick to defend obama and denounce the whole video.

was the video all lies? inaccurate? i and others deserve to know which part was truth/lies?

personally im going to think critically and try to find out as much dirt as i can and exploit what we already know of the canidates and as of lately obama being in the spotlight hasnt necessarily been a positive one for obama.

another big thing for me is "illegal immigration" and "international trade" guess ill have to look into what his plans are.
Good on you dude! Never rely on youtube and the 10 o'clock news for important information. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to form an opinion on a very complex topic just by information you heard first.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:19 PM

thank goodness for youtube

Last edited by nslow_fast_out; 04-25-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
lets just put it out there for everyone to decide for themselves.. where was the inaccuracy of the video? i and others deserve to know which part was fact/fiction
I will try to put some light to the way the video was made to obviously bias anyone against him. Here we go.

1. The muslim school in Jakarta thing - The school was a public school in Jakarta that was predominantly muslim because the population in Jakarta is predominantly muslim. He also went to a Catholic school in Jakarta during the 4-5 years he was there from ages 6-10

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/Muslim.asp

2. Hand over his heart during the pledge/Anthem

They show one picture of Obama with his hands clasped below his waist. What you don't know from one still picture is if the anthem had even begun yet, although by most accounts the picture was indicitive of how that particular incident went down. Surely there has been other times when he had to stand during the anthem no? The answer is yes....Check the snopes link.... http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp
Originally Posted by Snopes.com
As for whether this incident was an "accident," whether Senator Obama habitually declines to perform the hand-over-heart gesture, or whether there's any particular meaning to the (non-)action, an Obama campaign spokesperson responded: "Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. In no way was he making any sort of statement, and any suggestion to the contrary is ridiculous." The Senator himself said that "My grandfather taught me when I was 2. During the Pledge of Allegiance, you put your hand over your heart. During the national anthem, you sing." When television's Inside Edition ran a segment on this issue, they included some images (supplied by the Obama campaign) of the senator standing with his hand over his heart during other playings of the national anthem.
3. Flag Pin

It's true he doesn't wear the flag pin anymore (he did for a long time after 9/11) but the video fails to explain that, instead going with the "He doesn't wear it, he must be a terrorist in american clothing!!" thought process. Here is Obama's reason for not wearing the pin, which some people agree with and some don't like... http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3690000

"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq War, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest." "Instead," he said, "I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism."

Responding again to the flag pin issue....

"I'm less concerned with what you're wearing on your lapel than what's in your heart," Obama said Thursday while campaigning in Independence, Iowa.

"You show your patriotism by how you treat your fellow Americans, especially those who serve. And you show your patriotism by being true to your values and ideals. And that's what we have to lead with, our values and ideals," Obama said.

4. Che Guevara Cuban Flag

In a Volunteer campaign office a woman is displaying the Cuban Flag with Che Guevara on it. The woman is cuban although from what I have read she is a bit misguided. It is not an official campaign office and she does not work for the campaign she is a voluteer captain. The basically said they do not agree with the flag and that it is inappropriate but that it isn't their office.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/365/

5. Pastor Wright

Take this as you may. Wright is very divisive, but I cannot fault Obama for something his pastor says. I have older relatives that are very racist but I am not going to hate them for it, I just don't agree with their position and would argue against it whenever possible. It seems very similar to this situation Obama is in. He won't disown the man because he has known him for so long but I don't believe he holds the same beliefs. The other day was the last straw apparently.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008...remiah-wright/

Like I said before, I think he represents true change in Washington. The possibility that things will not be run like they have been for too many years. He has many flaws though, and I worry about that but I think he has the least amount of flaws and that is mainly because he hasn't been in politics for as long as the other candidates. It's my opinion.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
I will try to put some light to the way the video was made to obviously bias anyone against him. Here we go.

1. The muslim school in Jakarta thing - The school was a public school in Jakarta that was predominantly muslim because the population in Jakarta is predominantly muslim. He also went to a Catholic school in Jakarta during the 4-5 years he was there from ages 6-10

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/Muslim.asp

2. Hand over his heart during the pledge/Anthem

They show one picture of Obama with his hands clasped below his waist. What you don't know from one still picture is if the anthem had even begun yet, although by most accounts the picture was indicitive of how that particular incident went down. Surely there has been other times when he had to stand during the anthem no? The answer is yes....Check the snopes link.... http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

3. Flag Pin

It's true he doesn't wear the flag pin anymore (he did for a long time after 9/11) but the video fails to explain that, instead going with the "He doesn't wear it, he must be a terrorist in american clothing!!" thought process. Here is Obama's reason for not wearing the pin, which some people agree with and some don't like... http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3690000

"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq War, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest." "Instead," he said, "I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism."

Responding again to the flag pin issue....

"I'm less concerned with what you're wearing on your lapel than what's in your heart," Obama said Thursday while campaigning in Independence, Iowa.

"You show your patriotism by how you treat your fellow Americans, especially those who serve. And you show your patriotism by being true to your values and ideals. And that's what we have to lead with, our values and ideals," Obama said.

4. Che Guevara Cuban Flag

In a Volunteer campaign office a woman is displaying the Cuban Flag with Che Guevara on it. The woman is cuban although from what I have read she is a bit misguided. It is not an official campaign office and she does not work for the campaign she is a voluteer captain. The basically said they do not agree with the flag and that it is inappropriate but that it isn't their office.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/365/

5. Pastor Wright

Take this as you may. Wright is very divisive, but I cannot fault Obama for something his pastor says. I have older relatives that are very racist but I am not going to hate them for it, I just don't agree with their position and would argue against it whenever possible. It seems very similar to this situation Obama is in. He won't disown the man because he has known him for so long but I don't believe he holds the same beliefs. The other day was the last straw apparently.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008...remiah-wright/

Like I said before, I think he represents true change in Washington. The possibility that things will not be run like they have been for too many years. He has many flaws though, and I worry about that but I think he has the least amount of flaws and that is mainly because he hasn't been in politics for as long as the other candidates. It's my opinion.
nice job researching Silverscoober!

now thats alot of info.. ive always believed that people need to hear both sides of the story before they make judgment..

I just want to address one thing about pastor Wright when you made the comparison of Wright to your relatives. I dont think thats a fair argument your relatives are in the family not by choice and whether or not you agree with their politics or racism issues at the end of the day your still bound by family ties. Obama on the other hand had a choice 20 years ago and he chose Wright.. you might say that all the churches preach the same way and i highly doubt that, ive heard lots of people saying this type of anti-america preaching is far from the normal.
all that being said im not saying people shouldnt vote for Obama they just need to know these kind of things and raise questions demand more expect more from your woud be president. wright isnt his political advisor and all maybe Obama disagrees with Wright completely..who really knows right??at the moment Wright is really hurting Obama politically and he knows this.. and perhaps this is why obama has come out saying he's "outraged" and "this is not the man i know from 20 years ago". at the moment either way you look at it whether its Obama shares his pastors views or he's seperating himself from wright now because of the negative effect it has on his campaign which seems disengenous of him. maybe we will never know.. untill then just have to wait and see..
Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

nice job researching Silverscoober!

now thats alot of info.. ive always believed that people need to hear both sides of the story before they make judgment..

I just want to address one thing about pastor Wright when you made the comparison of Wright to your relatives. I dont think thats a fair argument your relatives are in the family not by choice and whether or not you agree with their politics or racism issues at the end of the day your still bound by family ties. Obama on the other hand had a choice 20 years ago and he chose Wright.. you might say that all the churches preach the same way and i highly doubt that, ive heard lots of people saying this type of anti-america preaching is far from the normal.
all that being said im not saying people shouldnt vote for Obama they just need to know these kind of things and raise questions demand more expect more from your woud be president. wright isnt his political advisor and all maybe Obama disagrees with Wright completely..who really knows right??at the moment Wright is really hurting Obama politically and he knows this.. and perhaps this is why obama has come out saying he's "outraged" and "this is not the man i know from 20 years ago". at the moment either way you look at it whether its Obama shares his pastors views or he's seperating himself from wright now because of the negative effect it has on his campaign which seems disengenous of him. maybe we will never know.. untill then just have to wait and see..
You're right, we will never know exactly is what driving Obama now to sever the ties he has with Wright. Think about it though...If Obama shared the same views as Wright, wouldn't you expect that they would both be trying to further the same agenda thus Wright wouldn't continue to make these statements that are hurting Obama's campaign, because in the end Wright would benefit from an Obama presidency. It doesn't add up. If they had the same viewpoint what would be the point in hurting his chances of becoming the next President? Lets not forget also that Wright is someone the Clintons have always been chummy with. I don't know....It seems to me that Wright, all of a sudden has this national spotlight and stage that he can further his own agenda on because of Obama's campaign and he is using it, whether it hurts Obama's camp or not.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:42 AM

imo.. even if they did share the same views it wouldnt look good for Obama politically and would be the end of his campaign as we know it which i doubt Obama wants. I see Wright just doing his thing whether its helping or hurting Obama and I also believe Wright would benefit if Obama were president. Wright feels strongly about his views and has tons of supporters and is not backing down. now that Wright is in the spotlight and has millions watching he announces that his book is coming out.. hmmm
Old 05-02-2008, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

imo.. even if they did share the same views it wouldnt look good for Obama politically and would be the end of his campaign as we know it which i doubt Obama wants. I see Wright just doing his thing whether its helping or hurting Obama and I also believe Wright would benefit if Obama were president. Wright feels strongly about his views and has tons of supporters and is not backing down. now that Wright is in the spotlight and has millions watching he announces that his book is coming out.. hmmm
True motivation comes to light....Either way it hasn't been enough to sway me, and I doubt that it ever would be enough. I can't vote for McCain because he thinks the war should go on indefinately, and Hillary just scares me....I guess if she wins the nomination I will be voting Green or Libertarian.....
Old 05-19-2008, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Does anyone actually take this "documentary" (read: slideshow) - produced by illuminati pictures (seriously?) - seriously?

I believe the issues with the video have already been explored in the thread. This **** is retarded.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:08 AM

Car Info: Honda Fit, WRX in Progress
Yeah I can’t believe people would actually take this video seriously…. What is wrong with considering having a president with a Muslim last name? What if he was a Muslim? Would any of that really matter to a country which promotes freedom of beliefs and religion? With his dad being from Kenya having a Muslim last name makes perfect since given the fact that the Islamic religion brought a written language to most of Africa.
What about the fact that the video makes about Obama not wearing the American Flag pin? Do you know anybody who says they hate this country? I personally know a lot of people who say that almost daily but what are they doing about it? Are they voting or have they completely given up on the political system? Well I think Obama is a prime example of a person who doesn’t agree with a lot of things that this country does. Think about all the different people who have been historically by the United States oppressed. African-Americans, Women, Native-Americans, the Irish, and the list goes on. Personally from what I see America is always interested in foreign affairs and does nothing for its own people. Do me a favor and take a look at your downtown area and check out the number of homeless people you see. What about Katrina? Think about the last time you heard anything about what’s happening in New Orleans. Ok, now tell me who Mariah Carry just got married to? Point made…..
Old 05-19-2008, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rahrahking
Yeah I can’t believe people would actually take this video seriously…. What is wrong with considering having a president with a Muslim last name? What if he was a Muslim? Would any of that really matter to a country which promotes freedom of beliefs and religion? With his dad being from Kenya having a Muslim last name makes perfect since given the fact that the Islamic religion brought a written language to most of Africa.
What about the fact that the video makes about Obama not wearing the American Flag pin? Do you know anybody who says they hate this country? I personally know a lot of people who say that almost daily but what are they doing about it? Are they voting or have they completely given up on the political system? Well I think Obama is a prime example of a person who doesn’t agree with a lot of things that this country does. Think about all the different people who have been historically by the United States oppressed. African-Americans, Women, Native-Americans, the Irish, and the list goes on. Personally from what I see America is always interested in foreign affairs and does nothing for its own people. Do me a favor and take a look at your downtown area and check out the number of homeless people you see. What about Katrina? Think about the last time you heard anything about what’s happening in New Orleans. Ok, now tell me who Mariah Carry just got married to? Point made…..
Id like to point out why alot of people have a problem with his Muslim background and its because some people are afraid he might be linked to terrorists groups..

lately ive been reading alot of people say how they hate their country and its military which is just total ignorance imo.. where would our country be if it wasnt for our Military?? the world would look a whole lot different if we didnt help to rid the world of Hitler and Imperial Japan. to all the anti-war people id like to know what they would have done during world war I, II??

id like to also address America and how "America" does nothing for its people.. how many other countries support millions and millions of illegal immagrants and its citizens on welfare?? as for the bums, yea i see a ton of them downtown SF alot of them bums by choice and like how Gavin gave them free needles to help stop the spread of disease and what happened? needles all over the public parks.

ive also run into alot of bums in my time and given spare change to many bums who had said they were starving this that and watch them walk right into the liquour store and walk out with booze. I have a solution for the bums take them off the streets and put them into the fields and pay them for their time enough to eat and support their drug addictions..ahha sounds fair and humane imo.

personally for those who hate this country your all hypocrites saying you hate this country.. then why do you chose to live here??? seriously if its that bad just leave, this country would be better off without you complainers..what good is a country full of complainers??

"Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You but what you can do for your country" JFK

Last edited by nslow_fast_out; 05-19-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:01 PM

Id like to point out why alot of people have a problem with his Muslim background and its because some people are afraid he might be linked to terrorists groups.
The sad part is, people associate Muslim with terrorism. Even though it's deeply rooted with Christianity and Judaism. Any American who fears that he might be tied to terrorism is most likely paranoid or misguided.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
The sad part is, people associate Muslim with terrorism. Even though it's deeply rooted with Christianity and Judaism. Any American who fears that he might be tied to terrorism is most likely paranoid or misguided.
agreed
Old 05-19-2008, 07:26 PM

Car Info: Honda Fit, WRX in Progress
Id like to point out why alot of people have a problem with his Muslim background and its because some people are afraid he might be linked to terrorists groups..

lately ive been reading alot of people say how they hate their country and its military which is just total ignorance imo.. where would our country be if it wasnt for our Military?? the world would look a whole lot different if we didnt help to rid the world of Hitler and Imperial Japan. to all the anti-war people id like to know what they would have done during world war I, II??

id like to also address America and how "America" does nothing for its people.. how many other countries support millions and millions of illegal immagrants and its citizens on welfare?? as for the bums, yea i see a ton of them downtown SF alot of them bums by choice and like how Gavin gave them free needles to help stop the spread of disease and what happened? needles all over the public parks.

ive also run into alot of bums in my time and given spare change to many bums who had said they were starving this that and watch them walk right into the liquour store and walk out with booze. I have a solution for the bums take them off the streets and put them into the fields and pay them for their time enough to eat and support their drug addictions..ahha sounds fair and humane imo.

personally for those who hate this country your all hypocrites saying you hate this country.. then why do you chose to live here??? seriously if its that bad just leave, this country would be better off without you complainers..what good is a country full of complainers??

"Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You but what you can do for your country" JFK
You make some good points.....If they hate this country then why live here.....American, in a way, is like an annoying brother. Although you really don't have to like him, you have to love him. The US always thinks that it has the right to act as the world's police. This is why people attack us. We force our beliefs onto everyone else. I do know anti-war people but do not agree with them 100%....War is not bad when there is a reason to fight....Yes people did come and attack our country directly but why? We as American's sit here on our sofas' clueless as to why? Why use? We are such a kind and giving country....Why? Well there is two sides to a battle and both sides will always think there side is right. When we step in and use our American power to "fix" things, we become the new enemy....This is why countries such as Canada have few if any problems with terrorists. They Stay Out Of It...

But nslow_fast_out, i do like your solution for the bums. I think that they should do this for people serving time....

Quick Reply: very chilling video about OBAMA.... crazy stuff