Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

someone please help our soldiers learn to spell

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Originally Posted by jvick125
I still never got how the Dems held this against him. I don't see what's negative about it.
Easy...your nation has just been attacked.....and you sit there with a Twix and think it over?

National Security is just a tad bit more important that an Elementary school reading session.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:10 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by RedStage
Easy...your nation has just been attacked.....and you sit there with a Twix and think it over?

National Security is just a tad bit more important that an Elementary school reading session.
What about the children!?!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Here's the question: If what Kerry said wasn't bad then why has he apoloigized and why are so many people in agreement that what he said was bad, democrats included?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061102/D8L4JFKO0.html

Last edited by Salty; 11-01-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

And how did this red herring get dragged into this?

Whatever is happening in Iraq won't make Kerry a non-*******. Iraq, Bush and the body count is irrelevant here. If anything, the democrats need to realize this in order to move forward with a good candidate in 2008. This is why you lost in 2004... you bet on an elitist ******* and lost. Get over it. Kerry is a moron... you should be doing everything to bring him down so he doesn't run and ruin for you again.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by nKoan
I thought Kerry called Bush an idiot, not the troops
it was an attempted jab at bush, but pretty much went over everyones head. What he was saying was that bush is stupid and he is (his administration and the country under his command) is stuck in iraq. but of course, no ones going to try to figure out what the joke actually meant because then they couldnt get pissed off at anyone else
Old 11-01-2006, 06:42 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by MBasile
it was an attempted jab at bush, but pretty much went over everyones head. What he was saying was that bush is stupid and he is (his administration and the country under his command) is stuck in iraq. but of course, no ones going to try to figure out what the joke actually meant because then they couldnt get pissed off at anyone else
They way he said it, it was aimed at the troops. Therefore almost everyone took it as such. Had he NOT convienently left out the "... just ask Bush." then this would be a different story.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

They way he said it, it was aimed at the troops. Therefore almost everyone took it as such. Had he NOT convienently left out the "... just ask Bush." then this would be a different story.
yes yes, I'm sure someone that served himself...was calling all military people stupid :rotfl:
Old 11-01-2006, 07:32 PM

yes yes, I'm sure someone that served himself...was calling all military people stupid :rotfl:
That's why it was found to be so surprising. How could he say something like that. But then again, his gpa in college was less than both George W. Bush's and mine (no, not combined).
Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
But then again, his gpa in college was less than both George W. Bush's and mine (no, not combined).

Battling about GPA'a again? Pathetic...they were both shi**y students, end of story. Of course, intelligence has never counted for much in politics...the most intelligent president we ever had is considered to be one of the worst...nuclear engineer/peanut farmer...

Kerry's 'joke' should have been more along the lines of 'if you don't study and do your homework, you could end up selling your soul to special interest groups and lobyists to scramble for power in a corrupt political system that will eat your life and disillusion you to the point that you forget what your job is.'
Old 11-01-2006, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Battling about GPA'a again? Pathetic...they were both shi**y students, end of story. Of course, intelligence has never counted for much in politics...the most intelligent president we ever had is considered to be one of the worst...nuclear engineer/peanut farmer...

Kerry's 'joke' should have been more along the lines of 'if you don't study and do your homework, you could end up selling your soul to special interest groups and lobyists to scramble for power in a corrupt political system that will eat your life and disillusion you to the point that you forget what your job is.'
Sure. The fact is that he did offened many thousands of people. It was smart of him to apolgize. But the fact of the matter is he didn't say it the way it should have been said and that cost him.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
Kerry is a moron...
And Bush isn't?

But I'll just thank the republican's again for the situation we are in (the Military that is) and thank them for the 2.2 percent payraise we are going to get in '07.....

Kerry has a much better record defending and fighting for the military and it's benefits than the Bush administration.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022001307.html

Just one example...

"Democratic Senators Push for Military Pay Increase That Exceeds Bush's Proposal

By Stephen Barr
Tuesday, February 21, 2006; Page B02

Ten Democratic senators are urging the Senate Budget Committee to provide military personnel with a 2007 pay raise higher than the 2.2 percent increase proposed by the president.

The senators, in a letter organized by Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.), call President Bush's pay proposal "a paltry increase" that "neglects the value of their service and the very real challenges of recruiting and retaining an all-volunteer military in time of war."

Last edited by RedStage; 11-01-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:05 PM
VIP Member

That's why it was found to be so surprising. How could he say something like that. But then again, his gpa in college was less than both George W. Bush's and mine (no, not combined).
yet youre still a friggin moron judging by the some of the posts you've made about topics that require the slightest bit of logic to understand. book smart doesn't necessarily equal smart my friend, and listing your college in your location doesn't make you better and/or smarter
Old 11-01-2006, 11:01 PM

yet youre still a friggin moron judging by the some of the posts you've made about topics that require the slightest bit of logic to understand. book smart doesn't necessarily equal smart my friend, and listing your college in your location doesn't make you better and/or smarter
1. I don't claim to be better or smarter than anyone else on here. (at least I'm smart enough to be conservative)
MV, I guess you should just put Irvine as your location and I'll change mine to State College, PA.

2. I may have made some moronic comments, yes. That tends to happen sometimes when I make a late night post. I'm curious as to which topics you're referring to. Either way, I think I did alright on this topic, no?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RedStage
And Bush isn't?
Correction, you're the moron.

Anything and everything regarding Bush, the war (etc) is IRRELEVANT and not in question. Your "everyone is doing it" attitude does not make Kerry's comment less damaging.

Does it mean you're wrong. Not at all. A lot of people here do not care for Bush, even myself in the last two years. But again, it's irrelevant regarding Kerry's comment and character.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:38 AM
VIP Member

1. I don't claim to be better or smarter than anyone else on here. (at least I'm smart enough to be conservative)
MV, I guess you should just put Irvine as your location and I'll change mine to State College, PA.

2. I may have made some moronic comments, yes. That tends to happen sometimes when I make a late night post. I'm curious as to which topics you're referring to. Either way, I think I did alright on this topic, no?
1. ....because I go to irvine? I think not.

2. you may be a pretty cool, down to earth guy, but your posts on political topics are full of idiotic, and logic-less comments that seem to just mirror what the media says

Quick Reply: someone please help our soldiers learn to spell