Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion is so awesome.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:06 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
What exactly am I wrong about again?? I'm pretty sure im explaining why religion is ****ing retarded,
You just explained why you are as ignorant as the people you are attacking. You are makign an absolute claim that cannot be either proven or disproven by any rational discourse. You are EXACTLY like the people you disdain so much. You're a pot calling kettles black.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:47 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
What exactly am I wrong about again??
you can't call organized religion retarded and then say with absolute conviction that there is no god. there is no definiative proof that he/she exitsts or does not exist. beleiving absolutley that god does not exist is the exact same as beleiving absolutley that god does exist.

i for one do not beleive in god.....but that is my opinion, it is not a fact that i am forcing upon other people. i mainly choose not to beleive in god because people like helladumb and the biblethumpers disgust me. the perversity of the way that people use religion to force veiws on others around the world has completley disenchanted me, and in my opinion ruined my "faith".

oh and helladumb, i am also angered by fear mongering islam radicals, so don't call me a terrorist lover just because i said you and your "facts" enrage me....
Old 02-12-2007, 06:51 AM

i also feel that as long as there is organized religion there will always be those who use people's faith to push their own personal agendas using religion. i feel that we need a new "great schism" to shakedown the system, at least in christianity",and modernize religion. christianity along with islam need to change some of their views if religion is ever going to get along with the scientific community in this day and age.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Well, in communist countries you're forced to worship your nation... y'all prefer that? It works in China
Old 02-12-2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Well, in communist countries you're forced to worship your nation... y'all prefer that? It works in China
Damn... I guess I got served.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:21 PM

maybe i would.....at least then "god" wouldnt be telling my leader what was moral and amoral
Old 02-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by spedmunki
maybe i would.....at least then "god" wouldnt be telling my leader what was moral and amoral
You'd prefer a feeble man to control your destiny than your creator? That's insane!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:55 PM

as far as im concerned my creators are my parents
Old 02-12-2007, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
plus juan...
Old 02-12-2007, 05:30 PM

oh ya...cant forget juan
Old 02-12-2007, 05:52 PM

You'd prefer a feeble man to control your destiny than your creator? That's insane!
That would depend on one's opinion of his creator.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
What exactly am I wrong about again?? I'm pretty sure im explaining why religion is ****ing retarded, which this argument really has nothing about since we are so side tracked now...
So anarchy isn't retarded? What would poeple have done without religon in the last 5000 years? What moral compass do you have? What historical, organizational, or technological development, can you name that was not based on religous, philosophical or or national idealistic competition? If your stupid enough to believe that crap than maybe it's what some people need to keep them headed in the right path. Like whatever other clear thinking individual in this thread stated, it's not specific to the religon, it's the interpretation of the practicioner. You obviousley have a deep seeded hatred of people of faith, especially christians.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:18 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
The idea of 'do unto others' precedes modern religion. It's based more in philosophy than a belief in a higher power. I contend that humans are inately driven to take care of each other, but we're highly volitile and emotional. If religion keeps those of us who act on emotion in line, great, just don't put it in my face.
I treat others with the same respect that I feel I desearve from others because logically it's the right thing to do. It's along the lines of John Nash stuff and also utilitarianism. If everyone did what was best for most of the people most of the time, we'd all be perfectly happy. There's no need for a higher power to send down proper morals, it's what we all should do because it makes sense.
But like I said, if it takes going to a building once a week and sprinkling water on babies to get people to do that, that's fine with me; just don't call me amoral because my morals are derived from logic instead of stone tablets.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Do you have kids? I'd bet you don't, because having kids is likely enough to make you believe in a higher power.......... or some pretty complex dirt that evolved into humans .
Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
There's no need for a higher power to send down proper morals, it's what we all should do because it makes sense.
Funny how morals usually parallel the 10 commandments .

Quick Reply: religion is so awesome.