Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion is so awesome.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:08 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Christians aren't afraid of death either. Heck, they had to make suicide a sin to stop people from speedign up the process of going to heaven to hang with the "Big Boss Man." Rejection outright of the possibility of God's existence is as ignorant as claiming God sent a taxi to Heaven in the wake of a comet.
ignorant or not...I don't believe it. What's the justification for there being something above us? a book? an artifact? give me some tangible to deal with
Old 02-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Car Info: ...

Last edited by lethalpsi; 01-02-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by RussB
omgyousawitonintrawebsoithastobetrue.

BTW, i work in a very scientific and technical field. i went to college for a bachelors of science. the whole concept of religion is something that I don't follow. i'm not religious, but i'm not an athiest.

i'm debating you on your statements that religion is what makes people crazy. my opinion is that the religious fanatics that you're *****ing about are already crazy / prejudice / violent / evil / whatever and using their religion of choice to back up that defect.
I believe there is three kinds of people in this world.... good.. bad... and moderate... the good will do good regardless of their faith/beliefs... the bad will do bad regardless... and the problem lies in the moderates, the ones who can swing either way, these people will do evil things because they think their belief tells them it's ok, then some will ONLY do good in fear they will go to hell(which to me is still a bad person)

Also what i'm trying to say is that these people might not be so ****ed in the head if they weren't taught religion since they were born. They get preached to what they can and can't do, what they can and can't believe and basically get genocided into believe what their parents tell them. They are to young to think there is other possibilities, if you tell a kid everytime he goes down a slide it's really just a fairy pulling him down, he will believe it and not think twice about it.

For the record, my Dad was a christian my mom was a catholic, both went to church every single sunday. Both of them went to Religious schools all the way through highschool. They both got into trouble at the schools with the nuns because they would question things. My mom would have to write entire sections outa the bible because she QUESTIONED religion, that doesn't seem a little wrong to any of you? the pure fact that kids aren't even allowed to question things without being threatened with eternal damnation... My dad is now an athiest, and my mom is agnostic after getting out of highschool. When I was a kid both of them let me believe what I wanted, and I ended up right around the same time i started not believing in santa claus that maybe there really isn't a man in the sky who snapped his fingers and 7 days later there was us.

I still don't get how religious people can blow off carbon dating like it's a government conspiracy.

There is a fair amount of these people that would be messed in the head regardless just off life experiences that they will experience. The others are messed in the head PURELY because of religion being taught to them so young
Originally Posted by Salty
What religion isn't organized? Organized religion isn't going away anytime soon.

You can believe in god, and not be for organized religion, i'm talking about the churches that state you MUST give them a certain percentage of your income, and you MUST do this because god told you to, even though it was never written down anywhere because they just flat out made **** up and preached it in the church. Someone who lives there lives and does the right thing because they think it's the right thing but still believes in god are the model people on how religious people should be IMO.

I'll give you religion I guess... But why is the belief in God stupid? You don't have to pray to God every night or even go to church. You can be agnostic which suggests it's impossible to know whether there is a God. I think Atheism - the absolute rejection of the existence of God or higher being - is not only ignorant but impossible, especially in life or death situations. I think the tiny thought or hope that God might exist would come naturally when facing death.

So do you really NOT believe in God?
I have been faced with death were i had a 1% chance of survival, I never once looked up and thanked god, i never once thought oh god save me! I'm an athiest through and through, a near death scenario isn't going to change that, but I do get your point. There are "athiest" who act like they don't believe in god, but when they are alone you can catch that very person looking up to the skys. I don't fear death, I am ok to die at any moment. I realized you can't start living your life if you live it in fear of death and what happens to you after you die..

I think Atheism - the absolute rejection of the existence of God or higher being - is not only ignorant but impossible

uhh... what? How is it ignorant? I'm not saying science has all the answers, any scientist can tell you this, but to say that what you know is fact and athiests are ignorant because it's IMPOSSIBLE for their not to be a good, is beyound ignorant.. Do you have first hand experiences, hard fact, seen god himself...? No your book is written by people who "heard" from god... god came to them and said this and this and this, and they wrote a book about it... How can that be constrewed as fact??? Please that's just retarded man

Last edited by GT35 STI; 02-09-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:15 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
I still don't get how religious people can blow off carbon dating like it's a government conspiracy.
Huh? Do you think that most Christians think our universe was made in 7 days, or at least 7 human days as we know it? I certainly don't think Christians do. Do you think "a burning bush" in the bible meant that the bush was on fire? The bible is meant to be interpreted, and isn't always literal.

As far as your lack of faith, you've made a decision.. that's all.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:18 PM

Since I don't follow your book, why is it evil or wrong for me to do something that goes against one paragraph in it? Why should I care? Why should YOU care, since it's not affecting you?
Because if you pound your buddy in the pooper and then go do some old fashioned hetero pounding, you're likely contaminating the hetero pool with disease. We're all on the same planet you know.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Because if you pound your buddy in the pooper and then go do some old fashioned hetero pounding, you're likely contaminating the hetero pool with disease. We're all on the same planet you know.
Why do you assume that because I fornicate I am not interested in self-preservation, thus not using condoms?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:26 PM

Why do you assume that because I fornicate I am not interested in self-preservation, thus not using condoms?
Read back. I used the words "if" and "likely."
Old 02-09-2007, 03:26 PM

The bible is meant to be interpreted, and isn't always literal.
And that is the root of all religious disputes on this planet. It's the fundamental weakness in organized religion. Do you turn the other cheek, or do you take an eye for an eye, my friend? If I choose differently, which of us is wrong? What is the other to do about it?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:27 PM

Read back. I used the words "if" and "likely."
Prejudicial assumptions on your part. That's all you have to base your hate on?
Old 02-09-2007, 06:38 PM

Prejudicial assumptions on your part. That's all you have to base your hate on?
Spreading aids and condoning the abominations that cause its spread is hatred against all of humanity. Wake up dude.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 02-10-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:33 PM

Spreading aids and condoning the abominations that cause it's spread is hatred against all of humanity. Wake up dude.
Abominations? Says who?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I have been faced with death were i had a 1% chance of survival, I never once looked up and thanked god, i never once thought oh god save me! I'm an athiest through and through, a near death scenario isn't going to change that, but I do get your point. There are "athiest" who act like they don't believe in god, but when they are alone you can catch that very person looking up to the skys. I don't fear death, I am ok to die at any moment. I realized you can't start living your life if you live it in fear of death and what happens to you after you die..

uhh... what? How is it ignorant? I'm not saying science has all the answers, any scientist can tell you this, but to say that what you know is fact and athiests are ignorant because it's IMPOSSIBLE for their not to be a good, is beyound ignorant.. Do you have first hand experiences, hard fact, seen god himself...? No your book is written by people who "heard" from god... god came to them and said this and this and this, and they wrote a book about it... How can that be constrewed as fact??? Please that's just retarded man

My book? I'm NOT religious at all and you're not listening as usual. Who here know what i'm saying besides GT35 STI?

I'm saying that by definition Atheists deny the possible existence of God. It's very POSSIBLE that there isn't a God. But what makes Atheists wrong and ignorant is that they cling to the fact God does not exist when there's really no way anyone can be sure. It's like claiming with absolutely certainty the earth is flat when technology doesn't exist to travel to the corners of our globe.

Last edited by Salty; 02-09-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Troll

My book? I'm NOT religious at all and you're not listening as usual. Who here know what i'm saying besides GT35 STI?

I'm saying that by definition Atheists deny the possible existence of God. It's very POSSIBLE that there isn't a God. But what makes Atheists wrong and ignorant is that they cling to the fact God does not exist when there's really no way anyone can be sure. It's like claiming with absolutely certainty the earth is flat when technology doesn't exist to travel to the corners of our globe.
and religious people cling to the fact that god DOES excist, and their book is "hard fact"... How is that any less ignorant?

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/
Old 02-09-2007, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
and religious people cling to the fact that god DOES excist, and their book is "hard fact"... How is that any less ignorant?

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/
It's not. Congrats. You get it. ****

How does it feel to be as ignorant as them?

Last edited by Salty; 02-09-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Troll

It's not. Congrats. You get it. ****

How does it feel to be as ignorant as them?
wrong, I'm not as ignorant as them because the difference is Science doesn't claim to be fact, it's called a "theory" for a reason... meanwhile religious people claim their book as fact.... so actually athiest are less ignorant

Quick Reply: religion is so awesome.