Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by medicSTi
My Book has remained the same for thousands of years, your book has changed thousands of times in the last hundred years
Ha. Typical Christian snobbery and assumption.

I do not have a book that I use as a basis for my spiritual development.

I happen to think that 99% of the atrocities in this world have been committed because of the 3 most evil literature - The Holy Bible, the Koran and the Bagavad Gita.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Religions: Secular Humanism vs Christianity
Science: The facts and evidence.

You are perverting the word science to mean Secular Humanism. Darwinian Theory/Evolution are philosophy, not fact.
Darwinian theory is science, not philosophy. Science can be part of one's personal philosophy, but evolution in and of itself is science.

Definition: science

In its broadest sense, science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") refers to any systematic knowledge or practice. In its more usual restricted sense, science refers to a system of acquiring knowledge based on scientific method, as well as to the organized body of knowledge gained through such research.
Scientific Method;
Scientific method refers to techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge. To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on gathering observable, empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.[1] A scientific method consists of the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses.[2]
Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Ha. Typical Christian snobbery and assumption.

I do not have a book that I use as a basis for my spiritual development.

I happen to think that 99% of the atrocities in this world have been committed because of the 3 most evil literature - The Holy Bible, the Koran and the Bagavad Gita.
Really? The Hindu text of the conversation between Krishna and Arjuna?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Really? The Hindu text of the conversation between Krishna and Arjuna?

Yes. Read up on how the Hindus treated the Muslims (and vice-versa) in the earlier parts of human history.

Any "religion" that uses violence to justify its existence and message is garbage in my eyes.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by R-Dub
Yes. Read up on how the Hindus treated the Muslims (and vice-versa) in the earlier parts of human history.

Any "religion" that uses violence to justify its existence and message is garbage in my eyes.
Oh I'm familiar with the Hindu vs. Muslim conflict, but was the Gita used as a justification? It's really just a conversation about warring Hindus.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Beer is proof God wants us to be happy.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
i would disagree, i'd say marijuana, its natural
Old 03-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
A friend of mine wrote this:

I was raised in the Protestant Christian faith. I began questioning my religion after the realization that every explanation of the behavior of God was just an excuse for his complete absence. The further I questioned faith the less I found reason to believe.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
good read:
http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/nhmag.html

i q-this-fmft

Johnson refers to the CRSC members and their strategy as the Wedge, analogous to a wedge that splits a log — meaning that intelligent design will liberate science from the grip of “atheistic naturalism.” Ten years of Wedge history reveal its most salient features: Wedge scientists have no empirical research program and, consequently, have published no data in peer-reviewed journals (or elsewhere) to support their intelligent-design claims. But they do have an aggressive public relations program, which includes conferences that they or their supporters organize, popular books and articles, recruitment of students through university lectures sponsored by campus ministries, and cultivation of alliances with conservative Christians and influential political figures.

In a Unification Church sermon, Wells speaks about the purpose of obtaining his graduate degree in science — “devote my life to destroying Darwinism.” http://www.tparents.org/library/unif...lls/DARWIN.htm

evolutionists got nothin on religion, for most part or atleast in the beginning, they're jsut trying to do their job as scientists.
creationists feel threatened so they react by targetting evolutionism with atheism.

manipulation at work.

Last edited by Jin; 03-04-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jin
evolutionists got nothin on religion, for most part or atleast in the beginning, they're jsut trying to do their job as scientists.
creationists feel threatened so they react by targetting evolutionism with atheism.

manipulation at work.
The powers that be in the upper echelons of organized religion fear science because as people embrace logic and reason, they tend to outgrow fairy tales and superstition. Because of this fear, they do all that they can to destroy anything that could upset their balance of power and influence.

In other words: **** religion.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
If you believe in a higher being (a god, but not God) that is infinitely merciful, explain why there is so much death, pain, and suffering???

God explains that, does yours?
thats not what i said. i said that all major religions agree to those tenets.

my thoughts on a higher power are more along the lines of a kid with an ant farm
Old 03-04-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by irrational x
thats not what i said. i said that all major religions agree to those tenets.

my thoughts on a higher power are more along the lines of a kid with an ant farm
I hold a similar opinion to Einstein:

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
-- Albert Einstein, from a letter written in English, dated 24 March 1954
Old 03-05-2009, 09:52 AM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Praise be to Allah!!!!!
A believer shall not be stung twice out of the same hole.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:22 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030801967.html
Old 03-16-2009, 12:14 PM

Proof that God created us.

Quick Reply: religion argument