Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Ah, double standards--always a source of fun!

But God's on his side...
Old 03-02-2009, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by medicSTi
You do understand that the Bible confirms natural selection (some people mistakenly call that evolution today) and that the Bible contradicts evolution from a mouse to a dog, right? As time goes on there is less genetic variation, each generation looses genetic information ---> as a result of natural selection.

For example:

If a population of dogs have genes for both long and short hair, but the dogs live in a cold environment, the dogs with short hair will die out and the gene for short hair with them... tell me, is that a loss of genetic information or gaining of information?

Genetic information is lost with every generation and for evolution to be true, we would have to see the opposite. We would have to be exponentially gaining genetic information with each generation. Since the beginning of time, we have been losing more information with each generation.
This is just evidence that you don't understand the theory of evolution or genetics; natural selection is what drives evolution--it is the very core of the theory: populations evolve over time due to the process of natural selection.

Read On the Origin of Species sometime instead of blindly accepting what someone tells you.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Magish
And that is where I stray from you. As an Episcopalian (though, admittedly not a very good one ) I believe that there is truth in the Bible. I believe in God and Jesus as God and man. However, I do not believe that the stories of the bible are absolutely true. I believe in evolution, like many members of my church and do believe that the science and the Bible are reconcilable.
You have what I would define as a reasonable level of faith and belief; you understand the concept of the Bible being a collection of parables.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
There's no difference between religion & governments, as both were "created" by man to control the masses.
Seriously, I love you. Why were we ever arguing before?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
wow this thread is still goin on LoL you guys can argue or state what you want but it wont change anything.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Seriously, I love you. Why were we ever arguing before?
Because you were wrong.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
debates are always fun, espcially about religion.
i find this just as intertaining as reading history and science on wikipedia

oh by the way, i'd like recommand a movie,

The Man From Earth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

its not for everyone, its pretty slow and just all talk but its very...interesting.
i thought i'd fall asleep watching it but i ended up staying up till 3am to finish the movie.

Last edited by Jin; 03-02-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by R-Dub
LMAO.

You think that because some dude wrote some **** down in a book - and 1,000 years later it has become the center of a religion it makes it true?

Please, stop.

Accept your faith but don't try to push it down other's throats and say that there is ANY fact in your bible.
I'm not pushing anything down any one's throat so don't make it out to be that way. Nor should you make false accusations.

I am not standing idle while Secular Humanists run there mouths, spewing garbage for others to hear unchecked. It's fine if you choose to spew it, but you will not go unchecked, you will be held accountable to your words. It's one thing to damn yourself, but don't damn others.

The Bible says there are men whose hearts will be hardened against the Word of God, they will not accept it. God is the only one who can open people's hearts. I am simply proving my points and refuting the false statements being made with evidence to back in, something very few of you are having the ability to do.

Just as you can tell me, I can likewise tell you to accept your faith in Secular Humanism and to not try and push it down the world's throats.

My Book has remained the same for thousands of years, your book has changed thousands of times in the last hundred years
Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Because you were wrong.
haha

A++
Old 03-02-2009, 04:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jin
we're trying to state science's facts and theories yet you(medicsti) try to disprove them with passages in bible when we're saying bible is not a reliable source for fact.
we're talking science and bible has no place in science.
we're talking logic and what bible says, makes no sense in terms of how it explains things.
science helps us understand what we dont know, bible just tells us what it wants us to know and cant further answer questions.
isnt this is the reason why they're claming intenlligent design?
first it was creationism, but it had no scientific merit so they decided to call it ID and take out the bible from the equation so that it can be closer to science.
ID has yet to teach us anything new, it only tries to tell us what they want to tell us, that god created everything.

science can teach us things that are so much more beautiful, elegant, awe-ing than what bible can tell us.

i'm starting to think that you're(medicsti) is just playing a role of a evangelic christian that just wants to play along in this game because the things you're telling us are very unconvicing, especially to some what educated people and the sources are from sites like "genesisisanswer", biased ideas towards creationism and so on.
I am simply saying that the Bible explains the true science, the facts. I am answering your questions.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:18 PM

Does it ever concern you that you might sound like a crazy person?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jin
religion vs science dont work.
but the idea is being pushed through as intelligent design.
ID isnt considered science, but those ID'ists are trying very hard.
Religions: Secular Humanism vs Christianity
Science: The facts and evidence.

You are perverting the word science to mean Secular Humanism. Darwinian Theory/Evolution are philosophy, not fact.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:22 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by irrational x
"intelligent design"
Where they there?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

I've believed for a long time that the biggest argument against creationism is the speed of light. With c being 186,000 miles per second, when we look at something that's 10 billion light years away, that means it has taken 10 billion years for that light to come to us. There is no way around that.

The Bible has been edited and changed countless times, but naturally each denomination will claim that their version is the correct one.
Evidence, you guys are grossing me out with your lack of presented evidence and perverted "facts" you state. Then ignore my response and provide no credible evidence...

Translated Bibles aren't changing the message. I haven't read every version, but I know the KJ and NIV have extreme accuracy from the original texts.

Last edited by medicSTi; 03-02-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Does it ever concern you that you might sound like a crazy person?
Only a crazy person would debate ten atheists for 40 pages.

Quick Reply: religion argument