Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
God created the big bang and the catalyst was Chuck Norris's round house kick.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by medicSTi
Where did God come from? God was not created; He is the Creator.
yes, thats always the answer we get, but where did God come from? I know the idea of 'nothing' is hard to grasp, but for God to have existed, even before us or this universe he created, he was somewhere at some place in time, what was this place that wasnt 'here' and how did God come about?

Sorry, its a bit of a loaded question, I wrote a term paper on this concept actually so Im not expecting any real answer from you on it. Im not trying to be confrontational at all, I would just like those that are indeed faithful to be a bit more inquisitive, believe me thats not a sin.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:21 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by Krinkov
yes, thats always the answer we get, but where did God come from? I know the idea of 'nothing' is hard to grasp, but for God to have existed, even before us or this universe he created, he was somewhere at some place in time, what was this place that wasnt 'here' and how did God come about?

Sorry, its a bit of a loaded question, I wrote a term paper on this concept actually so Im not expecting any real answer from you on it. Im not trying to be confrontational at all, I would just like those that are indeed faithful to be a bit more inquisitive, believe me thats not a sin.

Well, isn't the basis of most faith to not ask questions? If you ask too many questions, you may be left faithless by the answers you find...
Old 03-01-2009, 03:56 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Well, isn't the basis of most faith to not ask questions? If you ask too many questions, you may be left faithless by the answers you find...
Name:  epicurus-quote.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  34.4 KB
Old 03-01-2009, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Not to mock, but which God. According to several civilizations, there's several different ones with essentially the same amount of information to back it up (ie books, scripture, verbal accounts, etc.). What differentiates the correct ones from the incorrect ones?

I can write a book and tell everyone it's God's words, who's to say I'm lying?
There is only one true God and He is the God of Christianity. He is the God who created the universe and everything in it in 6 days, including mankind.

Acts 17 (New International Version)

24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.
Exodus 20 (New International Version)

3 "You shall have no other gods before [a] me.

4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.
If there are such gods with 20,000+ original documents and artifacts, post them up with direct sources and links. If you can't produce the evidence, don't make the claim please.

Christianity is the must documented religion in the history of mankind. With the most artifacts, documentation, scripture, etc.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Krinkov

+1 Christianity for being consistent if that's the answer you always get. It's the right answer, and you should get it consistently.

Unlike Darwinian theory/evolution/secular humanism and science books, the Bible does not change every year. As a matter of fact, the message of the Bible has not changed ever. Different translations sure, but the message is the same and consistent throughout the Book.

Trust me, I understanding what you are asking and I gave you the only answer God gave us. We'll have to ask Him in heaven. It takes faith to believe when we don't have all the answers, but God didn't write about everything in the Bible.

We have email... did he right about it in the Bible? No. Does it exist, yes. There are plenty of things I'd like to ask God and when I get the chance in heaven, I will Everyone is curious about the things we haven't been told.

Last edited by medicSTi; 03-02-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:29 PM

There is only one true God and He is the God of Christianity. He is the God who created the universe and everything in it in 6 days, including mankind.

If there are such gods with 20,000+ original documents and artifacts, post them up with direct sources and links. If you can't produce the evidence, don't make the claim please.

Christianity is the must documented religion in the history of mankind. With the most artifacts, documentation, scripture, etc.
More documents doesn't = more true

I don't have 20,000 documents proving that I exist.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:24 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!

What you said reminded me of 1984.

Winston Smith: Does Big Brother exist?
O'Brien: Of course he exists.
Winston Smith: Does he exist like you or me?
O'Brien: You do not exist.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

You are right, and since Christianity has 20,000+ consistent documents, artifacts, etc. that back up the Book, it is the most sound of any religion on earth.

More consistency = able to trust more. Other religions don't have near that amount of documentation of consistency of the message since the beginning as Christianity does showing that the story hasn't changed over the passed 6,000 years.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
God has always been. Our human minds will always seek a logical explanation because it is our nature. To see is to believe. Saying that why does God allow this and that is bringing God down to our standards. Who are we to judge Him?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
You are right, and since Christianity has 20,000+ consistent documents, artifacts, etc. that back up the Book, it is the most sound of any religion on earth.

More consistency = able to trust more. Other religions don't have near that amount of documentation of consistency of the message since the beginning as Christianity does showing that the story hasn't changed over the passed 6,000 years.
The fact that there are 20,000+ documents is only a testament to Christianity's success as a religion, not its validity. The basic story hasn't changed because you have one single text that is considered to be the truth, thus mandating that those 20,000+ documents fall into the same general line. I'm not arguing the validity of the bible itself here, I'm simply saying that the existence of so many documents does not prove truth, it only proves popularity of belief.

Furthermore, in response to the creationism vs. evolution argument: There are many, many Christians and other religious people worldwide who do believe in evolution. The relatively low levels of support for the theory in the US remains somewhat of an anomaly among western nations, most likely due to the number of evangelical Christians we have.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
No, that's not the basis of faith. You should ask questions so you understand why you believe in what you believe in and then have answers for others.

The Bible tells Christians to be able to answers questions about their faith. All through out the Book of Job, Job is questioned for tens of chapters about his faith.

I don’t have a blind faith, but a faith that is based on real substance. Which is why I have been able to produce answers.

When Christians don't have basic answers for people and they revert to saying, "trust in Jesus!" how are people supposed to believe in Jesus without any answers about the Bible and Biblical View? A lot of the answers people want to know about Christianity and the world are in the Bible.

The faith comes from the fact that we don't have answers for everything. The reality is that only God has all of the answers.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
I don’t have a blind faith, but a faith that is based on real substance.
pics or shens
Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 AM

The faith comes from the fact that we don't have answers for everything. The reality is that only God has all of the answers.
The reality is that many people have faith that God has answers.

I don't question whether He does or does not exist. I just question the "answers".

If He does exist, that's great. If not, then there's some splainin' to do.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:47 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Magish
The fact that there are 20,000+ documents is only a testament to Christianity's success as a religion, not its validity. The basic story hasn't changed because you have one single text that is considered to be the truth, thus mandating that those 20,000+ documents fall into the same general line. I'm not arguing the validity of the bible itself here, I'm simply saying that the existence of so many documents does not prove truth, it only proves popularity of belief.

Furthermore, in response to the creationism vs. evolution argument: There are many, many Christians and other religious people worldwide who do believe in evolution. The relatively low levels of support for the theory in the US remains somewhat of an anomaly among western nations, most likely due to the number of evangelical Christians we have.
The documents were recovered from all over Europe, the Middle East, Africa, etc. and were from Biblical times and some time after. Original, ancient texts and artifacts that confirm the Bible's truth of events from the OT and then the NT.

There are plenty of other books that have changed over the years even though people had the original text to go off of. The Bible is the only book that has stood the test of time for thousands of years without change, even while being persecuted.

Already addressed that two pages back:

Originally Posted by irrational x
science and the bible are mutually exclusive. even the catholic church admits this, they also accept evolution. officially. as in, from the popes mouth.

the bible in its current forms (gospels and all) was completed sometime in the 4th century AD (thats the 300'sAD) while modern science didnt start until Galileo.

so how could the bible make any sense scientifically if it was finalized more than a millennium before science was created

lets thing of all the "basic" scientific ideas we take for granted that religion deemed at one time or another to be heresy.

earth is round
earth is not the center of the universe
earth is not the center of the solar system

anyone here care to dispute those?
One cannot believe in Evolution and the Bible. It undermines God's Authority in the Book and unravels all consistency. If you can't believe that part of the Bible, then why can you believe the Gospel?? You can't.

Churches need to stop trying to fit things into the Bible and instead use the Bible to explain things.

If the Pope believes in Evolution, maybe he should look at what God say's about adding to His word in scripture...

Proverbs 30 (New International Version)

5 "Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

6 Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar

Who would believe said Christians that pick and choose which parts of the Bible they'd like to believe? That does away with Biblical Authority... if you can't trust every word, then you can't trust any of it.

Quick Reply: religion argument