Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:42 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Old 02-26-2009, 03:20 AM

Car Info: 2004 sti WRBluuu
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Old 02-26-2009, 11:49 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
BTW, I dont know if you read any Lovecraft, but what youre describing is the basic premise of "The Call of Cthulhu"
I adore Lovecraft. At The Mountains of Madness and The Statement of Randolph Carter are two of the most amazing stories I've ever read.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
i like starcraft
Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Jin
i like starcraft
Are you amped about the sequel??
Old 02-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Are you amped about the sequel??
ehhh half and half, i was disappointed with warcraft 3 so i dont have have high hopes for it. time for a new computer so i can run sc2 w/o problem though.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:16 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
make love, not Warcraft

Old 02-28-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
What inorganic matter...Dude you aren't up on biological or mathematical probability are you?

Also you make a poke at "theory". Theory is a idea that has basis in fact, it has not been proven yet, so it is not fact. That said...did you by chance have PROOF your ghost in the clouds exists? *looks around* nope, didn't think so.
So you are admitting that the Evolutionist/Darwinian theory and the Christian beliefs both interpretation the Science (the actual facts) with different predispositions?

Basically... Evoultionist/Darwinian theory is the religion of Secular Humanism, which can not be proven, it is mere theory and philosophy with regards to the Science.

I guess religion hasn't been thrown out of public education, Christianity was thrown out and the religion was changed to Secular Humanism.

Do you know someone who was there when it happened? If not, then it's not fact, it's philosophy.

I have a revelation from someone who was there, who has always been there. I have faith in the Bible and belief that it is what it claims to be, a direct revelation from God, the history of the universe from the very beginning.

The Bible is not a science book, and I'm glad about that. Science books change every year. The Bible's message has remained unchanged.

Science does not affirm Evolution, Science affirms what the Bible says. Take off the secular glasses and look at the evidence.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Overbear
Exactly, because christianity can't even stand up on its own without "faith". That fact, in and of itself helps to prove the very idea of "god" existing is false.

For you to stand there and tell me "Oh I know god exists" well please, show me proof. Otherwise I could just as easily say I have a purple unicorn named bud in my back yard, you can't see him but if you don't believe in him, he will smite you down and send your soul to a pit of fire for eternity.

Get it?
Show me one thing that has been created without a creator.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by irrational x
how about this, why dont you point out to me where basic laws like gravity are explained by jesus?

both questions are equally ridiculous, but the big bang has at least some evidence to back it up.

there is no record of jesus other than the gospels. nothing in the bible can be backed by historical record, and the romans are well known for being extraordinary record keepers.

and they have no record of a man named jesus
Jesus doesn't explain basic laws like gravity. The portion of the Bible dealing with creation is Genesis. The Bible gives general explanation of worldly things, not formulas.

If you're going to state "facts" give me a source please.

And for the record, gravity would have come into play on day 1, since God was hovering over the water and not hovering in the water which would have been floating in the air

Genesis 1 (New International Version)

Genesis 1

The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Last edited by medicSTi; 02-28-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

how did absolutely nothing become your religion? and how old is the earth again?
1. Here's your answer:
Genesis 1 (New International Version)

Genesis 1

The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2. The Earth is about 6,000 years old considering the genealogies in the Bible and the 6 days of creation.

Last edited by medicSTi; 02-28-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

i dont have enough evidence to judge where we came from in interstellar terms. why dont you explain, without any fable created in the past 10,000 years, explain how we came to be?

the point is not that science has all the answers, it that the answers offered by science are allot more reasonable than talking snakes, burning bushes, and whittling a mans rib to make a woman.

"JUST A THEORY" is a term used by the ignorant.

once again i say to you, look up the definition of theory. beyond that, its not just a theory but a THEORUM.... a theory that has been backed by experimentation.

how about this, doubting thomas, without quoting the book of man (bible) or other judeo christian works, prove to me that your god exists and i will answer anyway questions you want about how i believe the universe came to fruition as wholey and as honestly (and long windedly) as i am capable of.
Name:  AfterEden.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  42.4 KB

1. The Bible is not the book of man. It is the Book of God. Darwinism/Evolution is the book of man... possibly why it's been remade every year since it's beginning? Wait... it's just evolving, right? It's throwing out all of the stuff that doesn't work because it's not fit for survival... maybe that's why the Evolution theory changes so often when it can't explain the facts.

2. How can one give a report about the history of the universe without using evidence from the book of history?

So why is philosophy being taught in schools as Science? Secular Humanism is a religion, it's not fact just like you admitted. But, wait... religion shouldn't be taught in schools by current law... hmm, guess Christianity can't be, but Secular Humanism can, at least we are being consistent...

Why have secular scientists found Red Blood Cells in a T-Rex Bone, why has the "Dinosaur Plant" been found living in Australia after "millions" of years without any change from the fossil versions, why did Mt. St. Helens lay down a fat 30' section of what become rock with thousands of layers in a matter of hours, why did secular scientists find a bag of flour that had become fossilized in less than a 100 years in the US, why can cancer and disease be found in bones "millions" of years old before the diseases existed, why did the human genome project discover that we are all one race...the human race... Adam's race???

I'll tell you. It is because the Bible is true. Every word of it.

God created the Heavens and the Earth and everything in it.

Name:  GenesisDays.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  125.2 KB

There was no death in the 6 days of creation, God proclaimed that everything was good. Adam and Eve sinned against God by eating from the Tree of Knowledge and the punishment was death. They populated the Earth and it was wicked, so God called on Noah to build an ark and take two of each type of creature with his family. What happened? The wicked people did not believe them. Why do some people not want to believe the flood?

Name:  noah.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  Ark2.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  75.8 KB

Noah probably was standing at the doorway preaching to people telling them that they needed to come through the doorway to be saved. The Bible relates that only eight people went through that doorway—Noah and his three sons and their wives. There were possibly millions of people on the Earth at that time, but all were drowned by the floodwaters. All but eight people rejected the clear Word of God.

Name:  Ark.jpg
Size:  129.3 KB

What would you expect if there was a global flood? Maybe millions of dead things laid down in rock by water??? What do we find all over the Earth?? Millions of dead things laid down in rock by water...

Name:  SameEvidence.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  106.0 KB

Name:  Dino1.jpg
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  Dino2.jpg
Size:  91.8 KB

Name:  Dino3.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  92.2 KB

Name:  Dino4.jpg
Size:  113.1 KB

Name:  Dino5.jpg
Size:  119.4 KB

And on a side note about millions of years...

If one accepts millions of years, one also has to accept that these layers of rocks were laid down over millions of years, as this is a part of the supposed millions of years' history that secular scientists propose. Now these rock layers contain fossils-dead things. They also contain evidence of disease. For instance, there are dinosaur bones that show evidence of cancer. Surely no one would believe that when God said everything was 'very good,' as we read in Genesis 1:31, that the world was already full of cancer! In fact, many of the diseases we find in our modern world, we also find evidence of in the fossil record. Not only this, but the Bible makes it clear that thorns came as a result of the curse, whereas if one believes in millions of years, these fossil thorns are supposedly hundreds of millions of years old.

Name:  FossilHistoryRecord.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  159.7 KB

In reality death came after sin, so the Biblical view is:

Name:  Sin.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  77.8 KB

And the fossil record confirms it.

After the flood, God sent people separate directions at the Tower of Babel. He cast different languages on them and they could not understand one another. They parted ways and moved about the Earth. Not Evolution, but definitely natural selection brought about the differentiation in types of animals and people. Those fit to survive in certain areas did, others died off. In New Zealand, there can be found the highest degree of skin cancer... hmmm... maybe that's why explorers did not find any light skinned people there... they would have died off and the genes would become less dominant until eventually they were gone.

Name:  Geneology.jpg
Size:  102.4 KB

The Tower of Babel confirms there being one race, Adam's. Where as Evolutionist/Darwinism has been proven wrong. Here's the "evolution"... and since the Human Genome Project also confirms that there is only one race, so it's wrong on multiple levels... not to mention that it fuels racism by arguing that some races are more ape-like than others and as believed during the Scope's trial, that the Caucasoid Race was "superior" to all of the others... right... if that's not blunt racism I'm not sure what is...

Name:  DarwinianRaces.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  60.9 KB

Then after thousands of years comes the Christ, God in the flesh, Jesus to save the souls of man. He is the Last Adam.

The Last Adam, Jesus, was sinless, and like the first Adam, had no human father. Christ is immortal and is heaven’s representative on earth. He will subdue both heaven and earth: “At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.” (Philippians 2:10–11). Adam’s disobedience resulted in death for man, both spiritually and physically. Christ’s death resulted in everlasting life for those that repent and submit to him. And just as we have borne the likeness of Adam, the earthly man, so shall we, one day, bear the likeness of Jesus, the man from heaven. (1 Corinthians 1:49)

Name:  SevenCs.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  93.7 KB

What is written above has not changed since it's been told. For the past 6,000 years, since the beginning of time, the message has been the same. The history of the universe has been known by man, some refuse to recognize it.

Name:  oh20021206_147.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  45.4 KB

That was a lot to post.....

Last edited by medicSTi; 02-28-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

science and the bible are mutually exclusive. even the catholic church admits this, they also accept evolution. officially. as in, from the popes mouth.

the bible in its current forms (gospels and all) was completed sometime in the 4th century AD (thats the 300'sAD) while modern science didnt start until Galileo.

so how could the bible make any sense scientifically if it was finalized more than a millennium before science was created

lets thing of all the "basic" scientific ideas we take for granted that religion deemed at one time or another to be heresy.

earth is round
earth is not the center of the universe
earth is not the center of the solar system

anyone here care to dispute those?
One cannot believe in Evolution and the Bible. It undermines God's Authority in the Book and unravels all consistency. If you can't believe that part of the Bible, then why can you believe the Gospel?? You can't.

Churches need to stop trying to fit things into the Bible and instead use the Bible to explain things.

If the Pope believes in Evolution, maybe he should look at what God say's about adding to His word in scripture...

Proverbs 30 (New International Version)

5 "Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

6 Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar

Name:  AIG.jpg
Size:  91.2 KB

Last edited by medicSTi; 02-28-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Evolution is not a belief.

Religion = Belief. Evolution = FACT.

There is so much overwhelming evidence supporting evolution. Open your eyes. No really. Open them. It is occurring in various species, including humans as I type this. There is macroevolution, like with humans that occurs over long periods of time OR microevolution that can be observed in bacteria becoming resistant to drugs in front of a scientists eyes or finches beaks changing length in over just a decade, thus leading to new genetic variations of finches.

This fact comes from geneticists, biologists, anthropologists, geologists.. etc I am too tired to keep driving the point.

Some of you people need to get an education so you actually sound credible. Please do not mix up the terms "theory, fact, belief, faith" etc. It makes you sound ignant.
Evolution is not a fact. What exists is fact. We have dinosaur bones, that is a fact. The theory on how they got here... that is a theory... and not a fact. It is interpretation of the real facts and is known as Secular Humanism, a religion.

We see adaptation all the time. We see survival of the fittest all the time. What we don't see is something being made from nothing. We don't see life being made from non-life. We don't see a fish becoming an elephant... Time to understand the huge differences.

Which is exactly why the Bible talks about geology, anthropology, biology, genealogy, etc. It doesn't provide anything but a general understanding, but it is there.

Quick Reply: religion argument