Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
he is not allowing suffering. he is testing there faith.
looks like he tested the **** out of this poor bastards faith.

why test the faith of those that are already faithful? does raping nuns count as 'testing their faith'?

Last edited by gpatmac; 02-24-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: inappropriate photograph
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by irrational x

why test the faith of those that are already faithful? does raping nuns count as 'testing their faith'?
he mave have tested him, but if he is a believer he is in a much better place now

Last edited by gpatmac; 02-24-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 AM
plays well with others

he mave have tested him, but if he is a believer he is in a much better place now
if heaven is a better place, maybe you should kill yourself?

but aside from that, using pain to test people is sadistic. have you seen saw? god is the crazy guy...
Old 02-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr

Well it sure was convenient for you to say " a bullet hits some guy, not because God made it happen, not because satan made it happen, but because the trigger was pulled."

What gives you such confidence in saying satan was'nt involved in the slightest way? you cant just say he wasnt.

because a bullet fly the same way regardless of when where who what pulled the trigger.

sure, there can be some mystical force but i certainly wont call that satan...or jesus christ, why not Buddha, why not Muhammad, why not Krishna, why not hours, or most likely, shouldn’t it be Aries, the god of war?

i dont dispute god, i dispute the figures of god such as jesus christ, prophet muhammad, horus, etc, etc, etc.
if jesus did really live, isnt it more plausible he was more like ghandi? self sacrificing, teaching those around him to be peaceful, not walking on water and healing the sick. Its great education to learn about jesus Christ for children, not for god, not for belief but to teach the good and bad. the person known as jesus Christ could be a good role model, not to be taken as fact and figure of god.

god's been claimed by countless different civilization, to make them their own, isnt this why we have so many different religions? war? so how is it right to say that jesus christ was god in flesh? are we just forgetting about all the past gods in human history? god is being claimed by different people, isnt this why christianity, catholic, mormon, all come from the same religion tree?

the greek "mythology"? we call them myth but up until the roman times, they were belived to be real gods. dont think same can happen to Christianity? chances are, it wont, christianity probably wont die out for a very long time for the vast amount of people that believes in it.

the "experiences" you say, that you've felt god, is that the christian god? or just god? jesus christ? i'm sure these "experiences" were also felt by the egyptians, mayans, aztecs, greeks, isnt it why they continued to believe in their god? Sure it all ended, cant that be the fate of Christianity too? We wont know, because we don’t know the future and we cant rely on prophecies.

what i'm saying is that god may or may not exist, we dont knwo but i'm saying it is definitely wrong to be claimed by certain group of people. for example in the 60 or 70, the segregation days, didnt people post up signs saying "god hates blacks". does god really hate blacks? the person who wrote it, does he really believe it or is he just trying to provoke someone?

god's name has been put in vein by others who wants to use it for their advantage. "god" has been the point of governing people since the ancient times and that hasnt changed a bit except for the introduction of the modern government, even then the government is closely tied with religion. Vatican for example; the remains of old European government.

I did not read this in some book or some show or anything, its conjured up from what I’ve learned from my life and it’s the result of logic and reasoning, not a belief in something. If god wishes to punish me for thinking too much, so be it, that’s not a god I’d want to worship. God should be for everyone without a face, it should a guide those who need it. and this is why i cant have the belief to part take in a single religion, i did goto christian church for 4 years, i value their teachings but to take it literally, i couldnt do that.

Is my logic flawed? Is my reasoning not reasonable?

Last edited by Jin; 02-24-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Jin

...lets not put in pictures like that...this isnt entensity.net
Old 02-24-2009, 11:40 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Why are any of you wasting your time with this discussion? You know you're not going to change anyone's beliefs, so what's the purpose? What are you trying to prove?

You cannot use a rational argument against faith; the very nature of faith precludes rationality because it requires acceptance without evidence.

Let people believe what they want. Personally I believe in the Celestial Teapot.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:45 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Evolution is not a belief.

Religion = Belief. Evolution = FACT.

There is so much overwhelming evidence supporting evolution. Open your eyes. No really. Open them. It is occurring in various species, including humans as I type this. There is macroevolution, like with humans that occurs over long periods of time OR microevolution that can be observed in bacteria becoming resistant to drugs in front of a scientists eyes or finches beaks changing length in over just a decade, thus leading to new genetic variations of finches.

This fact comes from geneticists, biologists, anthropologists, geologists.. etc I am too tired to keep driving the point.

Some of you people need to get an education so you actually sound credible. Please do not mix up the terms "theory, fact, belief, faith" etc. It makes you sound ignant.
YOu are ignorant, what part of evolution is 100% fact?

because you cant name anything that makes it a theory. though evolution has been quoted on being both fact and theory until something is 100% without a doubt it is still an unproven fact and best described as a theory.

yes religion is a belief, no one is arguing that.

Religion = Belief. Evolution = FACT.
this is your opinion and you should state it as such.

if it was such a fact, then why would the idea still be argued.

here are soem facts that arent argued because they have been proven 100%without a doubt.

Water is made out of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom to make a water molecule. Water is the basic building block of life. this has been proven, no one argues it no one tries to disprove it.

There are 23 pairs of chromosomes in a human body cell. This has been proven, no one argues it no one tries to disprove it.

The silkworm moth has eleven brains. This has been proven no one argues it.

My wagons pwns all other wagons in the world and is by far the sexiest wagon ever made. This has been proven and no one argues it.

Things that are argued because there is not 100%, no question, concrete evidence that it is without a doubt.

Big Bang THEORY

THEORY of evolution
Old 02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Jin

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Why are any of you wasting your time with this discussion? You know you're not going to change anyone's beliefs, so what's the purpose? What are you trying to prove?

You cannot use a rational argument against faith; the very nature of faith precludes rationality because it requires acceptance without evidence.

Let people believe what they want. Personally I believe in the Celestial Teapot.
religious debates are entertaining.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:49 AM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
Originally Posted by Jin
because a bullet fly the same way when where who what pulled the trigger.

sure, there can be some mystical force but i certainly wont call that satan...or jesus christ, why not Buddha, why not Muhammad, why not Krishna, why not hours, or most likely, shouldn’t it be Aries, the god of war?

i dont dispute god, i dispute the figures of god such as jesus christ, prophet muhammad, horus, etc, etc, etc.
if jesus did really live, isnt it more plausible he was more like ghandi? self sacrificing, teaching those around him to be peaceful, not walking on water and healing the sick. Its great education to learn about jesus Christ for children, not for god, not for belief but to teach the good and bad. the person known as jesus Christ could be a good role model, not to be taken as fact and figure of god.

god's been claimed by countless different civilization, to make them their own, isnt this why we have so many different religions? war? so how is it right to say that jesus christ was god in flesh? are we just forgetting about all the past gods in human history? god is being claimed by different people, isnt this why christianity, catholic, mormon, all come from the same religion tree?

the greek "mythology"? we call them myth but up until the roman times, they were belived to be real gods. dont think same can happen to Christianity? chances are, it wont, christianity probably wont die out for a very long time for the vast amount of people that believes in it.

the "experiences" you say, that you've felt god, is that the christian god? or just god? jesus christ? i'm sure these "experiences" were also felt by the egyptians, mayans, aztecs, greeks, isnt it why they continued to believe in their god? Sure it all ended, cant that be the fate of Christianity too? We wont know, because we don’t know the future and we cant rely on prophecies.

what i'm saying is that god may or may not exist, we dont knwo but i'm saying it is definitely wrong to be claimed by certain group of people. for example in the 60 or 70, the segregation days, didnt people post up signs saying "god hates blacks". does god really hate blacks? the person who wrote it, does he really believe it or is he just trying to provoke someone?

god's name has been put in vein by others who wants to use it for their advantage. "god" has been the point of governing people since the ancient times and that hasnt changed a bit except for the introduction of the modern government, even then the government is closely tied with religion. Vatican for example; the remains of old European government.

I did not read this in some book or some show or anything, its conjured up from what I’ve learned from my life and it’s the result of logic and reasoning, not a belief in something. If god wishes to punish me for thinking too much, so be it, that’s not a god I’d want to worship. God should be for everyone without a face, it should a guide those who need it. and this is why i cant have the belief to part take in a single religion, i did goto christian church for 4 years, i value their teachings but to take it literally, i couldnt do that.

Is my logic flawed? Is my reasoning not reasonable?
a to the mf'in men
Old 02-24-2009, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Things that are argued because there is not 100%, no question, concrete evidence that it is without a doubt.

Big Bang THEORY

THEORY of evolution
When used within the context of the scientific method, theory means something different than you think it does.

For example, one of the most proven scientific theories in human history is still "just" a theory: Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

Within the scientific community an accepted theory is the same as a "fact."

Just an FYI.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 AM

Oh crap, now I'm getting pulled into this.

... slowly backing out of this thread ...
Old 02-24-2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by irrational x

That picture gives me an odd craving for hamburgers.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 PM

God created the Subaru... what you got to say abotu that.

Only God could create such a beast...

so nah nah nah nah nah
Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
That picture gives me an odd craving for hamburgers.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
plays well with others

response on raping nuns i see to teach them about faith i see?

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
THEORY of evolution
wrong again genius, evolution is a theorem not a theory... theres a difference.

Quick Reply: religion argument