Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion argument

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by slugrx
my ethics teacher told me "God" wanted hurricane katrina to happen to teach people to believe
Once again... mankind is sinful and what makes a man qualified to explain without doubt why God does anything?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by medicSTi
I already explained Jesus bringing peace on Earth jewpac. There is definitely unrest and war on earth. Like I said, it is a war for your soul between the Devil and a Holy God. There will be death and despair on Earth until the End of Times.

Also, please quote the Bible when you make references for others Which part of scripture are you finding it written that Christ brings peace on earth in the sense of no wars?
I dont have a bible in front of me and its been a long time since I took a bible as literature class so I cannot quote exact scripture.
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by jewpac42
I dont tell lies either, not because of a religious thing, but because being untruthful to a fellow human being is wrong. And I dont need religion as a guide to tell me that.
i dont think he made that statement to imply that all non-Christians are liars. just how he believes he should live his life as a christian

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by irrational x
my mom was a catholic school teacher and the most religous person i have ever met.

she, quit literally, rotted away from the inside over the course of 2 years. eventually her body cavity was so full of blood, puss, and 'floating' tumors that the catheters sucking the fluid out couldn't handle it, and she drowned on her own internal organs.

you have certainly found yourself a merciful god haven't you?
First of all, im sorry that happened...but praying everyday or going to church all the time doesn't guarantee anything, but it doesn't hurt.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
so i was wastnig time while praying for my moms life flying to LA...yeah shoulda been focusing on eating my airplane peanuts.

i think the point is get the priorities straight.

for example, call the AAA first then pray that the toll truck will get there safely. or get your mother to the hospital for treatment then pray for her safe treatment. not the other way around or just relying on one thing, praying like some over religious people do.
VIP Member

seriously, i love the christian response... "its just a theory".

exactly... look up what a theory is. a hypothesis is a guess a theory ios backed up by evidence. when you say "evolution is just a theory" with a smarmy look on your face you are validating the work of thousands of people and you don't even know it.

religion isnt even to the hypothesis level... it isnt clearly defined or testable.
Explain to me how it all happened again...

Originally Posted by medicSTi
Using sources will gain you credibility. Scripture please Claims without evidence are nonsense in a debate.
I dont need to quote scripture to prove to you the bible contradicts itself, thats a pretty well known and accepted facts among both believers and non-believers.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jin
i think the point is get the priorities straight.

for example, call the AAA first then pray that the toll truck will get there safely. or get your mother to the hospital for treatment then pray for her safe treatment. not the other way around or just relying on one thing, praying like some over religious people do.
well if someone is having a heart attack, im not gonna pray before calling 911!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:36 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
First of all, im sorry that happened...but praying everyday or going to church all the time doesn't guarantee anything, but it doesn't hurt.
i understand but thats not the point. riddle me this: what merciful god would allow this to happen to one of his children?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Overbear
To be fair, science says the whole accident thing is more credable than the "ID" version. This comes from one fact...Believe in god requires faith...

Faith: the confident belief in the truth of or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.[1] It is also used for a belief, characteristically without proof.[2] Informal usage of the word "faith" can be quite broad, and may be used standardly in place of "trust", "belief", or "hope". For example, the word "faith" can refer to a religion itself or to religion in general. As with "trust", faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes.

Science: the effort to discover and increase human understanding of how physical reality works. Its purview is the portion of reality which is independent of religious, political, cultural, or philosophical outlook. Using controlled methods, scientists collect data in the form of observations, records of observable physical evidence of natural phenomena, and analyze this information to construct theoretical explanations of how things work.

The two can not be combined. You can not observe true physical evidence, and have faith that it was caused by "god" at the same time.
Belief in God requires faith in God... Belief in Man requires faith in Man...

From what most of you have said, it was the fault of Man that you lost your faith in God...

So Man led you to lose faith in God and now you've placed your faith in Man?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Yin
the only posters rational enough to continue debating in this thread:

- medicsti
- OneManArmy
- Overbear
- VRT MBasile
- jewpac

everyone else's posts are asinine and intentionally malicious. except the mood lightener Paul@dbtuned, keep up the picture posts. lol
I dont think I have ever been included on a list like that before!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM

lmao

and im not surprised at all for not being included
Old 02-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
jewpac you were borderline, just made the cut.

kyle, i got nothin... but after meeting you, i do enjoy your colorful posts.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

no no no thats all wrong. god hates black people, just ask the mormons. its one of their tenets.
Come on... that's a messed up statement. Like posted before, it's wrong to think everyone believes the same thing. I'm sure all of any one doesn't believe everything the same.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:40 PM

"is supposed to bring" he hasn't brought it yet. When he does, are you comfortable with what may happen to you?
Thus he is not the Messiah, when the Messiah comes he brings peace on Earth. And yes, I am completely comfortable with what happens to me in that highly unlikely and probably fictional scenario.

Quick Reply: religion argument