Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Pig-blood dipped bullets

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
There's a 1" wide button in the top left with "new thread" written on it.

Hit that button, fill out the title line, fill out the body, then hit submit at the bottom.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:28 PM

Car Info: drives a STi
sorry salty can't see the 1" "new thread" button on top. Is it on this page or do i have to click on the "new posts" category?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
No it is not within a thread. A thread is what you're posting in and it gets it's name from a series of posts.

The "new posts" category is not how you post. This feature is to tell a member what posts have been made since his or her last visit.

In order to post a new thread you must be in a sub-forum. That being "Teh Politics", "Bay Area Forum", etc. THIS is where you'll see that 1" button. Click it, fill it out, and hit submit at the bottom. This button is in the EXACT same position as the "post reply" button you're hitting to post these questions. But again, it's in any sub-forum, not a thread.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:20 PM

Car Info: drives a STi
thanx salty! i found it, appreciate the quick replys
Old 03-16-2006, 06:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by Salty
I know you're a liberal person, Monkey... you may or may not fall under the same category of liberals that continuously belittles and bashes religion (especially Christianity), even though you're tolerant of the 1st amendment. These liberals point the finger in disgust on how anyone could have evangelic or other religious views. Sometimes they may even go a step further depending on the circumstances. They might get into a physical confrontation or make it their life goal to rid of "God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Whatever...

But when it comes to something as superficial and baseless as dipping a piece of lead in pigs blood prior to launching it down a blistering hot barrel at mile per second, all bets are off?! According to these liberals everything mentioned in the Bible , Quran, and other religious texts makes it no more significant than toilet paper... But hey, the radical Muslims may be on to something here so shame on us...
THIS has just turned into a very important topic.

This is why I think that this whole pig's blood/pork patty or hamslice fed to Iraqi's IS not a good idea. (I'm not picking on you, Paul) The whole pig thing is about symbolism. Is symbolism important? I think you could make a viable argument either way. Personally, certain symbols are important to me but emblems are nothing more than inspiration.

My flag. How motivating or alienating is it for me to see someone burn my flag? Not very. While "The flag" means a lot to me, "A flag" is nothing more than fabric for me. However, I understand and empathize with other American's who are 'called to arms" by the flag.

That said, I don't empathize with the Muslim world feeling the "call to arms" over a cartoon of their deity or would be mortified at the thought of Muslims being executed with pig's blood covered bullets...but I can at least understand and respect their sentiments.

It just falls into the category of 'don't go there'. I don't ever use the N-word, neither. There are just some things that many people hold dear and I respect that. If you use someone's religion against them, that's a 'shot across the bow' for all Muslims. Like General Pace said, "That's just not us."

Shoot 50 Muslims with pigs blood, insult every Muslim in the world.

Yeah, it's just an insult and insults only hurt feelings, but many a war has been started with just an insult...then many are hurt and killed because of an insult.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by Salty
And what do you know about .mil? Have you served?

so you have to serve to know about the .mil now?

Wow didnt know knowledge comes with pre req's. So in order to know about bodies in motion do i have to know about genetics?

And i love how you guys react to a simple statement about honor. I dont have to be in the ****ing .mil sector to know about honor. You would be a ****ing bumbling idiot to think otherwise (which in and of its self could explain your reaction to my simple statement).

Funny to call into question a person/groups actions into question only to be attacked, what are you guys so defensive about? What do you have to be ashamed of? What are you hiding behind that bull**** macho facade? What did you do that called your own honor into question in those pea sized brains of yours?
Old 03-16-2006, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
so you have to serve to know about the .mil now?

Wow didnt know knowledge comes with pre req's. So in order to know about bodies in motion do i have to know about genetics?

And i love how you guys react to a simple statement about honor. I dont have to be in the ****ing .mil sector to know about honor. You would be a ****ing bumbling idiot to think otherwise (which in and of its self could explain your reaction to my simple statement).

Funny to call into question a person/groups actions into question only to be attacked, what are you guys so defensive about? What do you have to be ashamed of? What are you hiding behind that bull**** macho facade? What did you do that called your own honor into question in those pea sized brains of yours?
I'm not arguing anything in your post except one thing. You don't know what honor is. You can't conceivably know unless you're a civil servant, and that too may be arguable. If have served your community, your nation; anything besides a job where your sole purpose is to bring home a paycheck, then we'll discuss. If not, you may be able to give me a definition you find in some dictionary or some cool war novel, but you will never know it until you've learned it the hard way.

Sorry. You can commence calling me names, telling me how stupid I am, and how defensive I am.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
WTF do you know about honor?

What dont i know about honor is the question you should be asking.

And what sort of pre reqs do you think need to be around for the knowledge about a SIMPLE ****ING CONCEPT like HONOR to be "established".. Do i need a to pass a ****ing test? Do i need to have some lame *** letters and numbers at the end of my name to prove i know what honor is? Do i need to climb a ****ing mountain in my underwear? Oh wait you are a .mil guy so you think some bull**** contract and 4 years of your time (while being paid, fed, and sheltered) all of a sudden gives you some right to claim you know honor. Oh wait lets not forget the training as well... They train you to know what "honor" is, and to live by it.

I will **** on a mother****er who has to be taught what honor is about. And your years of service dont make you ****ing special in my book one ****ing bit, you are no better then any REMF bastard as far as i am concerend. What makes someone special isnt where they went, what they saw, what they read in a book, who they know, its about WTF THEY ACCOMPLISHED. Was that accomplishment something noteable? Or was it something that thousands of others before them did?

I doubt any of the people who post on this forum in any way shape or form can be viewed as "world changing individuals". So in that note we are no better then anyone else, so stop acting like your ****ing 4 years of being someones ***** entitles you to anything more then a good ole boys network of supply chain REMF's pats on the back. Ask your self this, what the **** did i do that made any damn bit of difference in this world outside of my own "bubble" of perception.

I could of course be wrong, you and salty could have been the ****ing liberators of durk-durkastan on your own, with just pistols, a whip and a big giant stone ball rolling after you.

So dont ****ing act like you are hot ****, it is a sure fire way to look the fool
Old 03-16-2006, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gpatmac
I'm not arguing anything in your post except one thing. You don't know what honor is. You can't conceivably know unless you're a civil servant, and that too may be arguable. If have served your community, your nation; anything besides a job where your sole purpose is to bring home a paycheck, then we'll discuss. If not, you may be able to give me a definition you find in some dictionary or some cool war novel, but you will never know it until you've learned it the hard way.

Sorry. You can commence calling me names, telling me how stupid I am, and how defensive I am.

Your not stupid, just ignorant to what i do, have done, and will do.

and again you dont have to be a .mil, .gov, .whateverthe**** to know about honor. Some of the people i hold in the highest of esteem when it comes to that front werent .mil people. They were ordinary people who rose up in the moment to defend/fight/save others in their moments of peril. Those are people who know the meaning of honor, those are people who had NO DUTY, NO TRAINING, NO INCLINATION to know honor. They were not bound by contract, brainwashing, or training to do right or know integrity but when chance came knocking on their door they answered.

So dont give me any of your bull**** about you cant know honor until you have *done what i have done*. That is simply fed to you to make you feel special for signing away some of your life to *insert orginization here*, it doesnt entitle you or teach you a damn bit of honor. Again dont kid yourself there are plenty of civilians in this world that could teach the .mil'rs about honor.

Do you really want me to list the bull**** dishonorable crap the .mil world has pulled?
Old 03-16-2006, 05:14 PM
VIP Member

I know full well about all of the dishonorable crap the military has been responsible for. That just goes to show you that even the regimented, disciplined lifestyle isn't enough to get through to some people. Probably no surprise to you, but it is to me everytime I think about it, but I could rattle off a long list of dishonorable actions executed by colonels and generals. It's a sad world.

Your response to my thread reinforces a point I made that you 'know of' honorable, ordinary, non-military folks. I never said you had to be military to know honor or be honorable. Shoot, you and I both could look up thousands of 'civilians' on the internet who have lived honorably. I did, however, make the claim that in order to 'know' honor and not just know the definition of the word, you've had to have lived honorably. I stand behind that. I also stated that you, Dre, couldn't know honor and you are right, I don't know you or what you've done or will do. However, though it's a fallible method, my instinct tells me that you have lived a mostly self-serving lifestyle up to this point, purely based on the contextual lack of maturity, respect, and unstructured, unsupported arguments you usually make in your posts. My impression is that you've got all the makings of an ethug who at least has a little more sense than the usual ethug.

Look, I know you'll most likely take that last paragraph as a personal attack. Truth is, you're the one who put yourself on trial. I'll challenge you. PROVE IT. Quit telling me that you know what honor is and prove it. I'll take you at face value. All I'm asking for is for you to tell me what honorable acts you've done? What acts can you take credit for that have made your family proud?

Barring that, if you're unable to do that, at a minimum tell me what honor is not.

I'd be ecstatic to eat my words. If it turns out that you are in fact an honorable person, but just have a tendency to belittle and bully people on the internet; I'd be as pleased as a pig in ****.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

Oh, and for the record, I've been in the military for 18 years and I would NEVER call myself honorable.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

I know full well about all of the dishonorable crap the military has been responsible for. That just goes to show you that even the regimented, disciplined lifestyle isn't enough to get through to some people. Probably no surprise to you, but it is to me everytime I think about it, but I could rattle off a long list of dishonorable actions executed by colonels and generals. It's a sad world.

Your response to my thread reinforces a point I made that you 'know of' honorable, ordinary, non-military folks. I never said you had to be military to know honor or be honorable. Shoot, you and I both could look up thousands of 'civilians' on the internet who have lived honorably. I did, however, make the claim that in order to 'know' honor and not just know the definition of the word, you've had to have lived honorably. I stand behind that. I also stated that you, Dre, couldn't know honor and you are right, I don't know you or what you've done or will do. However, though it's a fallible method, my instinct tells me that you have lived a mostly self-serving lifestyle up to this point, purely based on the contextual lack of maturity, respect, and unstructured, unsupported arguments you usually make in your posts. My impression is that you've got all the makings of an ethug who at least has a little more sense than the usual ethug.

Look, I know you'll most likely take that last paragraph as a personal attack. Truth is, you're the one who put yourself on trial. I'll challenge you. PROVE IT. Quit telling me that you know what honor is and prove it. I'll take you at face value. All I'm asking for is for you to tell me what honorable acts you've done? What acts can you take credit for that have made your family proud?

Barring that, if you're unable to do that, at a minimum tell me what honor is not.

I'd be ecstatic to eat my words. If it turns out that you are in fact an honorable person, but just have a tendency to belittle and bully people on the internet; I'd be as pleased as a pig in ****.

I didnt put anyone on trial, i made a simple statement.

"what happened to death before dishonor"

simple as that...

And you are absolutely right, you dont know what i do or where i do it. And i find it rather amusing that someone can be so quick to judge the integrity of a person via the politics portion of an online forum.

And i think you misinterpet my posts and motives for posting (not to mention the means to execute my motives). Im not here to be buddy buddy with everyone, im here because i like to challenge people to think outside of their little bubbles of perception that they live in. anyways i wont go into a diatribe about that stuff, its pointless for the most part on here.

I stick by everything i have said on this forum and anyother forum, as well as the means in which i said something. If you want to call into question my integrity and honor that is your right. Plenty of people have in the past and i am sure there will be plenty more in the future. That being said feel free to re read my posts in this thread to see where i am coming from, it seems that you may have missed some of the critical points.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:39 PM
VIP Member

I'd imagine that you and I would probably see eye to eye if were discussing things in person.

Maybe I'm just too conventional, but (though I'm not critiquing) your language and syntax sometimes seem to overshadow your message and put a negative connotation of you into folks' heads.

I'm not at all questioning your integrity and I'm most certainly calling you dishonorable. I will reread.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:40 PM
VIP Member

I'd imagine that you and I would probably see eye to eye if were discussing things in person.

Maybe I'm just too conventional, but (though I'm not critiquing) your language and syntax sometimes seem to overshadow your message and put a negative connotation of you into folks' heads.

I'm not at all questioning your integrity and I'm most certainly calling you dishonorable. I will reread.

Sometimes its designed to do just that
Old 03-16-2006, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I've heard that some US soldiers, during Gulf War v1.0, were feeding Iraqi prisoners Pork Patty MREs.

This is just a rumor.

And for the record my comments were directly tied to this statement...

Remind me how such behavior demonstrates integrity and honor?

Quick Reply: Pig-blood dipped bullets