Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Obamarama - daily discussion on our 44th president

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 02:47 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Cherokee.
call the office of the cherokee nation maybe?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM
plays well with others

http://tinyurl.com/c8yy4o
Old 03-10-2009, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by irrational x
call the office of the cherokee nation maybe?
I think you missed my point because I was being sarcastic; maybe I misunderstood you, but the implication seemed to be that because someone is Native American, they are automatically making $200k a year, and that there are no "poor" Native Americans. I do not agree with either of those assertions, nor do I agree with similar statements made by others in this thread.

To wit (from the U.S. Census Bureau):

* $33,627
The median income of households where the householder reported they were American Indian and Alaska Native and no other race. The median income is based on a three-year average (2003-2005).

* 25%
The poverty rate of people who reported they were American Indian and Alaska Native and no other race, based on a three-year average.

* 30%
The percentage of people who reported they were American Indian and Alaska Native and no other race who lacked health insurance coverage, based on a three-year average.

* 26%
The percentage of civilian employed single-race American Indian and Alaska Native persons age 16 and older who work in management, professional and related occupations. (Source: American FactFinder, from 2005 American Community Survey)
Old 03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
plays well with others

I think you missed my point because I was being sarcastic; maybe I misunderstood you, but the implication seemed to be that because someone is Native American, they are automatically making $200k a year, and that there are no "poor" Native Americans. I do not agree with either of those assertions, nor do I agree with similar statements made by others in this thread.

To wit (from the U.S. Census Bureau):

* $33,627
The median income of households where the householder reported they were American Indian and Alaska Native and no other race. The median income is based on a three-year average (2003-2005).

* 25%
The poverty rate of people who reported they were American Indian and Alaska Native and no other race, based on a three-year average.

* 30%
The percentage of people who reported they were American Indian and Alaska Native and no other race who lacked health insurance coverage, based on a three-year average.

* 26%
The percentage of civilian employed single-race American Indian and Alaska Native persons age 16 and older who work in management, professional and related occupations. (Source: American FactFinder, from 2005 American Community Survey)

i think you misunderstood me. all im saying is that there is a very well compensated elite in the native american just like any other group of people.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:06 PM

i think you misunderstood me. all im saying is that there is a very well compensated elite in the native american just like any other group of people.
Ahhh ok. Cool.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
508 Chicago School Students Shot In 16 Months

I was not hoping for this kind of change:

Twenty-five Chicago Public School students have been murdered this year. As shocking as that number is, there is another figure that's very disturbing as well: the number of students who have been shot in a 16-month period is enough to fill an elementary school - 508 students, according to school officials. CBS station WBBM-TV in Chicago's Chief Correspondent Jay Levine asks why, and what is being done to stop it.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Obama to Sign Spending Bill, Push for Earmark Reforms

Barry lies about change...lies about earmarks.

Obama could sign the $410 billion spending package as early as Wednesday, although he remains "troubled" by the so-called earmarks in the bill that Republicans and moderate Democrats have eviscerated as unworthy pork-barrel spending. The president was to announce earmark reforms on Wednesday.

White House officials in recent weeks have dismissed criticism of the earmarks in the bill, saying the legislation was a remnant of last year and that the president planned to turn his attention to future spending instead of looking backward.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Obama wouldn't be the first president to sign legislation that he viewed as less than ideal.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned

The President has little power over earmarks since he does not make the bills. He can veto them and **** everyone off, but this issue lies withing the congress and the senate.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:40 AM

508 Chicago School Students Shot In 16 Months

I was not hoping for this kind of change:
I'm confused; how exactly does this relate to Obama?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
The President has little power over earmarks since he does not make the bills. He can veto them and **** everyone off, but this issue lies withing the congress and the senate.
And more importantly, from U.S. News & World Report:

"Republican Hypocrisy on Earmarks? Ask Senators Cochran, Wicker, and Vitter"

March 05, 2009 04:50 PM ET | John Aloysius Farrell | Permanent Link | Print

By John Aloysius Farrell, Thomas Jefferson Street blog

The self-righteousness among Republicans on the issue of government spending is rank and overwhelming. The GOP
is acting as if federal spending is a Democratic monopoly.

So let's go to the videotape. Or, rather, the Congressional Record, where we find the list of earmarks in the omnibus spending bill and discover that—wait for it—three of the top five earmarking senators are Republicans.

Yes sir. The Taxpayers for Common Sense group has listed the senators by the number of earmarks they introduced as individuals, and in collaboration with other senators. In both categories, Republicans did quite well—especially those southern rascals who, no doubt, will be on the stump two years from now campaigning against Democratic spending.

Republican Sen. Thad Cochran of Mississippi tops the list, with $470 million in earmarks for himself and his colleagues. Next up is Cochran's seatmate—Republican Roger Wicker, hitting the scales at $390 million. Two Democrats—Mary Landrieu of Louisiana and Tom Harkin of Iowa—come in at Nos. 3 and 4, before Republican David Vitter of Louisiana rounds out the top five. Of the top 10, six are Republicans.

When measured by individual earmarking, Democrat Bob Byrd of West Virginia rises to the No. 1 position, but three in the top five are from the GOP, including Richard Shelby of Alabama at No. 2, just a few million dollars behind Byrd.

This informs us that Republicans are as fond of pork as Democrats. But it also tells us something else. See a pattern here? Alabama. Mississippi. Louisiana. West Virginia. These are among our smaller, poorer states.

Maybe, just maybe, these senators—Democrats and Republicans—are doing something laudable with these evil, evil earmarks. Maybe they are helping the poorer folks among us with some extra economic development programs, and jobs. Keeping folks off welfare, and kids in school.

Just a thought.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 AM

For the record, I believe the only real change Obama has brought is the color of his skin.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:21 PM

For the record, I believe the only real change Obama has brought is the color of his skin.
Deeer!

But if you mention it on a daily basis this becomes more profound and humorous.

Hope change hope change hope change yes we can!

OMG I didn't realize how funny this was until I heard it for the billionth time.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:05 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Deeer!

But if you mention it on a daily basis this becomes more profound and humorous.

Hope change hope change hope change yes we can!

OMG I didn't realize how funny this was until I heard it for the billionth time.
For one year, we were bombarded with Hope & Change from the Barry Camp.
Sheeple fell for it, though.

There is no change...there is no hope.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM

For one year, we were bombarded with Hope & Change from the Barry Camp.
Sheeple fell for it, though.

There is no change...there is no hope.
Another duuuur! It doesn't need to be brought up in every thread.

Name:  fdh.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  24.3 KB

This is why I vote for Pedro.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:31 PM
plays well with others

Another duuuur! It doesn't need to be brought up in every thread.

This is why I vote for Pedro.
if not this thread, sir, could you direct us to a more appropriately titled thread to discuss it?

Quick Reply: Obamarama - daily discussion on our 44th president