Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Obamarama - daily discussion on our 44th president

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Oooops, let me clarify:

Our economy is in bad shape at the moment. America's business is still business.

Political partisanship is a bad thing to have. Period. It draws lines and boundaries where ideas from outside those boundaries are rejected. It creates a large group of people all thinking the same way and avoiding any and all outside influence. It discourages any compromising or rational advice.

Would you want a congress where everyone thinks the same way, or would you want as many independent thinkers as possible?
OK lets just play the hypothetical game

everyone in the senate is independent

what is the top of the to do list?
what are they going to do to fix problems?

100 different angendas and 100 different way to fix it?

to make everyone come together and finally vote on one topic would take forever

yes the partie system is screwed but i think you need to have like minded individuals or else they are going to go everywhich way
Old 02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by Magish
No, our economy is in bad shape and with no changes will be bad in the future due to greedy ****s on wall street.

Parties and partisanship are two separate things. Parties are not bad, but strict partisanship doesn't get us anywhere

And to simply criticize something like the stimulus without proposing any alternative solutions is weak at best.
we had a stimulis bill before it was called "the new deal"

it didnt help then

it only prolonged the depression and WWII was the only thing that pulled us out
Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by sigma pi
we had a stimulis bill before it was called "the new deal"

it didnt help then

it only prolonged the depression and WWII was the only thing that pulled us out
maybe it's time for WWIII? unfortunately we probably wouldn't come out on top this time...

NOT meant as a negative comment toward our troops, but to the government that has cuckold them and the weak support from the citizens they support.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:46 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by RussB
maybe it's time for WWIII? unfortunately we probably wouldn't come out on top this time...

NOT meant as a negative comment toward our troops, but to the government that has cuckold them and the weak support from the citizens they support.
congrats sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

that is the first time cuckold has been used on i club

yes i did teh search
Old 02-16-2009, 05:18 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Political partisanship is a bad thing to have. Period. It draws lines and boundaries where ideas from outside those boundaries are rejected. It creates a large group of people all thinking the same way and avoiding any and all outside influence. It discourages any compromising or rational advice.

Would you want a congress where everyone thinks the same way, or would you want as many independent thinkers as possible?
Well said.

Also, nice NIN quote.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Sorry, but I think that God is partisan, and a conservative.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
congrats sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

that is the first time cuckold has been used on i club

yes i did teh search
Old 02-16-2009, 06:27 PM

Pack up and go somewhere else? You mean shut their downs and go out of business. And just because business support something, doesn't mean everyone else should. Of course they said Obama would destroy business, he was going to reverse the GWB tax cuts. Why would they applaud that? They want more tax cuts, but so does everyone else.
Capitalism is all about incentive. If Ford, Chrysler, GM, IBM, GE, Microsoft, (etc)
are already staffing up headquarter capability in human resource-rich countries like India and China, why not relocate and give Obama the finger? Businesses pays the bills (and hence rules) in this country, and that's why barry is in such a fit to ruin our system.

You bought a Subaru and the profits went to Japan. Why not buy Ford, Microsoft, IBM, etc and have those profits go to China?

Obama is playing a dangerous game with our country.

I don't think it's right that their bad decisions can have such an adverse affect on the global economy that they should just be able to say "We ****ed up and we're filing for bankruptcy... tough **** for anyone who relying on us". If these companies can go back to being financially viable, it's worth a shot.
So basically barry hussain and his banker buddies preferred to use tax dollars so government would have more control, and that's ok? These "bailed out" institutions still could fail. The main problem I have with the pork stimulus bill is all the waste and feeding of items on the dem's shopping list, like $50M for the SF bay wetland and endangered salt marsh rat which was already on protected land. Barry just enacted his own form of reparations on our nation.
And it's spelled "Hussein" with an "e". If you're going to go low-brow and take cheap shots at his name, might as well get the spelling right. I'm sure if it was your middle name you'd appreciate the same gesture.
oh yeah I forgot his middle name was so offensive

Last edited by HellaDumb; 02-16-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: hella dumb
Old 02-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
OK lets just play the hypothetical game

everyone in the senate is independent

what is the top of the to do list?
what are they going to do to fix problems?

100 different angendas and 100 different way to fix it?

to make everyone come together and finally vote on one topic would take forever

yes the partie system is screwed but i think you need to have like minded individuals or else they are going to go everywhich way
Independents don't need an agenda. They can talk among themselves and they're constituents and figure out what they should help with and shouldn't help with. Then you have legislation that is focused on real concerns and are more widely accepted. As opposed to getting into their own little cliques and ignoring everyone else's thoughts.

All hypothetical of course..
Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Capitalism is all about incentive. If Ford, Chrysler, GM, IBM, GE, Microsoft, (etc)
are already staffing up headquarter capability in human resource-rich countries like India and China, why not relocate and give Obama the finger? Businesses pays the bills (and hence rules) in this country, and that's why barry is in such a fit to ruin our system.

You bought a Subaru and the profits went to Japan. Why not buy Ford, Microsoft, IBM, etc and have those profits go to China?

Obama is playing a dangerous game with our country.
?????

The business you named are all GLOBAL. You comprende global? As in world wide. Why would they spend money to move US operations and leave the biggest market in the world? Besides, I bought my Subaru used and the loan went through USAA based in Huston, TX. And when I bought my Mazda, it went to Mazda American Credit, which was sold to Chase credit. Also an American financial firm. If Adam Smith were still alive he'd smak you with his invisible hand.

GM, Ford, and Chrys all asked the government for a loan. In fact, they begged the government for a loan. It didn't happen the other way around. Even if the big 3 wanted to change their base of operations, they couldn't afford to. Two of them are on the very brink of bankruptcy.

So basically barry hussain and his banker buddies preferred to use tax dollars so government would have more control, and that's ok? These "bailed out" institutions still could fail. The main problem I have with the pork stimulus bill is all the waste and feeding of items on the dem's shopping list, like $50M for the SF bay wetland and endangered salt marsh rat which was already on protected land. Barry just enacted his own form of reparations on our nation.
He has banker buddies now... and they prefer tax dollars..... and control .... and it's not OK? No idea

These bailed out institutions could still fail? No kidding? Wow, I bet nobody thought of that. Instead of that, I should just have the government keep my tax dollars as they watch laugh as the economy crumbles.

As for the "pork" in the bill... ever bill in the last 100 years is full of pork. This is no exception. Although, this is a $900 Billion bill so surprise.... more pork. The republican party can yammer on and criticize it all they want, but when your only solution to any economy is "tax cuts", people stop listening to you after a while. Especially when we're in the position we're in now after two terms of.................... wait for it..................... TAX CUTS!

barry hussain barack obama hussain liberal... all valid.
Jealousy isn't very becoming.

It sucks having a president that you don't like doesn't it? Sucks to be you.

Keep it classy all the way over there on the far right.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:03 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
?????

The business you named are all GLOBAL. You comprende global? As in world wide. Why would they spend money to move US operations and leave the biggest market in the world? Besides, I bought my Subaru used and the loan went through USAA based in Huston, TX. And when I bought my Mazda, it went to Mazda American Credit, which was sold to Chase credit. Also an American financial firm. If Adam Smith were still alive he'd smack you with his invisible hand.

GM, Ford, and Chrys all asked the government for a loan. In fact, they begged the government for a loan. It didn't happen the other way around. Even if the big 3 wanted to change their base of operations, they couldn't afford to. Two of them are on the very brink of bankruptcy.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:57 AM

?????

The business you named are all GLOBAL. You comprende global? As in world wide. Why would they spend money to move US operations and leave the biggest market in the world?
Whoa do you understand GLOBAL and how global distribution works? I specifically referred to the moving of HQs, which most of the tax base and employment comes from. These large companies create a demand from our schools and are what supports our economy. When the HQs leave, employment tanks and the local economy (employment, schools, services, etc) takes it in the shorts. In absence of a replacement growth industry(tech, pharma, etc), you've got another Detroit on your hands. Do you want this to happen to New York, San Frandisco, and Washington State?

To the end buyer it is indistinguishable where the HQ is located, but it won't matter because without jobs, the Americas won't be the biggest market in the world.

Step back a bit further and look at what is happening. Both parties are responsible, but one has us on the fast track.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 AM
9 to 5 mod

Independents don't need an agenda. They can talk among themselves and they're constituents and figure out what they should help with and shouldn't help with. Then you have legislation that is focused on real concerns and are more widely accepted. As opposed to getting into their own little cliques and ignoring everyone else's thoughts.

All hypothetical of course..
CA senators wont give a crap about the big 3 like a detrot senator would

so everyone is pushing different things 50 different ways is what i see

so they are going to have to make deals

ill pass your bill if you pass mine

we are right back where we started from
Old 02-17-2009, 11:53 AM

CA senators wont give a crap about the big 3 like a detrot senator would

so everyone is pushing different things 50 different ways is what i see

so they are going to have to make deals

ill pass your bill if you pass mine

we are right back where we started from
Such is democracy. But I do believe that legislators that aren't tied to party lines will have a better view of the "big picture" and will be more will to strive for the greater good of the people. On the other hand, that's exactly what the left and right wing extremists already thing they are doing.

So, I fold. New system equals new problems.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:58 AM

Whoa do you understand GLOBAL and how global distribution works? I specifically referred to the moving of HQs, which most of the tax base and employment comes from. These large companies create a demand from our schools and are what supports our economy. When the HQs leave, employment tanks and the local economy (employment, schools, services, etc) takes it in the shorts. In absence of a replacement growth industry(tech, pharma, etc), you've got another Detroit on your hands. Do you want this to happen to New York, San Frandisco, and Washington State?

To the end buyer it is indistinguishable where the HQ is located, but it won't matter because without jobs, the Americas won't be the biggest market in the world.

Step back a bit further and look at what is happening. Both parties are responsible, but one has us on the fast track.
OK, we're on the same page. But which one of these companies is actually considering moving operations to begin with? Lets start there. What parts of our policies are unreasonable to them?

Quick Reply: Obamarama - daily discussion on our 44th president