Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Marine Shoots and Kills Wounded Iraqi Prisoner

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 11:27 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Oaf
This is war.
Mistakes will be made.

This tape was shown on American televison?
What network aired it?
I asked, 'cause I question why this made it to prime time but none of the beheading videos.

I wish I had the info on when and what channel...but I was tired and was just flipping through channels when I saw it so I don't remember...sorry...
Old 11-16-2004, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
If he was not armed then the soldier made a huge error in judgement and will be dealt with I am sure. If he was armed and posed a threat Fk'em!
The thing is, when you come into a room, and a guy you thought was dead suddenly makes a move, do you wait to see if he shoots you, or do you blast him? Apparently the shooter was already wounded, and guys from his unit had just been killed by dead guys with booby-traps. I can see why he did what he did.

The biggest problem is that the camera was rolling. But then if the terrorist had pulled the pin on a grenade and killed the camera crew and some Marines, I'm sure somebody would be blasting the Marines for being poorly trained or something. Hindsight is always 20/20.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally Posted by FUNKED1
The thing is, when you come into a room, and a guy you thought was dead suddenly makes a move, do you wait to see if he shoots you, or do you blast him? Apparently the shooter was already wounded, and guys from his unit had just been killed by dead guys with booby-traps. I can see why he did what he did.
I have no idea how I would feel, behave or react in a combat situation like these guys are in. But I would be inclined to think that I would have blasted him, too. This is guerilla war, it is not pretty.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4

The biggest problem is that the camera was rolling. But then if the terrorist had pulled the pin on a grenade and killed the camera crew and some Marines, I'm sure somebody would be blasting the Marines for being poorly trained or something. Hindsight is always 20/20.
I understand your point, and I don't think he should be punished but I think he will be. His big mistake was doing it when a reporter was present.

I didn't catch the part about his buddies getting killed by dead guys with booby traps....Where was that in the story? I did see the reporter say this Sites said the shot prisoner "did not appear to be armed or threatening in any way."

I'm sure we will all be able to see the video on consuption junction or al jazeera in the next few days so I will withhold my judgement.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Does anyone have a link to this video or a bittorrent for it?

-Chris
Old 11-16-2004, 02:18 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
There are links to it here;

http://mparent7777.blog-city.com/read/913435.htm

(he asked for them!)
Old 11-16-2004, 02:21 PM

His big mistake was doing it when a reporter was present.
Yep.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:28 PM

Just watched that video. I think that soldier is in deep ****. Didn't look like a risky situation at all based on what you see and what the soldiers are discussing. Would be nice to see the whole thing unedited though, not just the "money shot".

The stuff towards the end of the video sure looked like BS though. Media is always looking for a story whether it exists or not.

Thanks for the link.

Last edited by FUNKED1; 11-16-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
]His big mistake was doing it when a reporter was present.

This quote has to be one of the funniest thing i've ever read in this forum.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:58 PM

In other news, jihadists put out a video where they execute Margaret Hassan, a civillian woman who spent her life doing humanitarian work in baghdad.

Legal issues aside, shooting someone who was first wounded while trying to kill you and the rest of the marines with you is peanuts morally compared to executing civillian women aid workers and chopping off the heads of truck drivers on video.

If you ask me, it's unamerican and a disservice to the Iraqi people that this Marine's incident even made the news. Crimes like this should be dealt with privately during a war where so much is at stake. Morally wrong or not, putting this on television only makes it that much harder to win the war in Iraq and to restore freedom and civil society to the Iraqi people.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Just watched that video. I think that soldier is in deep ****. Didn't look like a risky situation at all based on what you see and what the soldiers are discussing. Would be nice to see the whole thing unedited though, not just the "money shot".

The stuff towards the end of the video sure looked like BS though. Media is always looking for a story whether it exists or not.

Thanks for the link.
Can you give a direct link the the video? The one from psoper isn't working too well for me.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Yep.

And I think you're stupidester for having agreed with him.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:48 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Originally Posted by Salty
Can you give a direct link the the video? The one from psoper isn't working too well for me.
Copy and paste the link into your browser.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:03 PM
VIP Member

watching now, thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:08 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
No problem, very low resolution. It seemed to me that it was edited in such a way as to suggest that the insurgent that was pleading with them was the one that was susequently gunned down. Or maybe its just me.

Quick Reply: Marine Shoots and Kills Wounded Iraqi Prisoner