Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Insanity in SF Police Management- Officer fired for comedy roast tape

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 03:33 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I have seen the tape. And I've also seen several interviews with the guy who made it. He's the perfect sterotype of an overzealous, ignorant cop. He'd be as home in the rampart division of LA as he is in the Hunter's Point area of SF.

His explanation for the tape doesn't even include a denouncment of the morals shown in the video, he just says that he shouldn't get in trouble because the tape shouldn't have been online...even though he put it there.

He's an idiot, he had two chances to not f***up...he could have not made the tape, and he could have kept the tape offline and used it only for its intended perpose. But he did f***up, so he should get suspended or fired.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Do you mean a democracy where you can joke around with sensitive subjects, or one where people aren't allowed to say (or even joke about) what they think?
Don't be scared MV... answer the question
Old 12-08-2005, 03:35 PM

Do you mean a democracy where you can joke around with sensitive subjects, or one where people aren't allowed to say (or even joke about) what they think?

I mean that you would rather give up all voting rights if it meant that the government implemented your particular system of ideals in a dictatorship. You love flaunting 'freedom' until it offends you, and then it's wrong and should be banned and frowned upon.

Politically you are the equivalent of a two year old that, when asked if he wants a cookie, holds out his hand, nods his head, and vehmently says no.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:36 PM

Did you just figure out how to bold text or something?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:39 PM

Not to mention that if and when the residents of Hunter's Point see the video there's gonna be even more anti-police sentiment over there.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:42 PM

People are allowed to joke around about what they think here in America. Just not cops making fun of the people they arrest on video in a trouble area of SF and then posting it online.

Salty, if a video like this was made by a military man on military equipment and time, he'd get in major trouble right? Cops are supposed to be held to a higher level just like soldiers...they work for us, the citizens.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by MVWRX
People are allowed to joke around about what they think here in America. Just not cops making fun of the people they arrest on video in a trouble area of SF and then posting it online.

Salty, if a video like this was made by a military man on military equipment and time, he'd get in major trouble right? Cops are supposed to be held to a higher level just like soldiers...they work for us, the citizens.
Your point is "somewhat" valid, and so is your previous point that this should never have been posted online, but if you really look at the content, the humor, and the intent of this film, it is purely harmless comedy. I do think he should be reprimanded for posting this online, but let's be serious... the film cannot be taken seriously by any reasonable person, and the film maker and participants should NOT be fired.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:46 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
What I think is funny, is that Chief Fong, who has never been a "beat" officer, is spending more time persecuting these officers than she did prosecuting the thug that murdered one of SFs finest with an AK.

An added bonus is the officer that made the tapes is a self described "Jewish Berkeley liberal" and can't believe that he's being treated this way.

Ah, yes, the Revolution is turning on it's own...
Old 12-08-2005, 07:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by Oaf
What I think is funny, is that Chief Fong, who has never been a "beat" officer, is spending more time persecuting these officers than she did prosecuting the thug that murdered one of SFs finest with an AK.

An added bonus is the officer that made the tapes is a self described "Jewish Berkeley liberal" and can't believe that he's being treated this way.

Ah, yes, the Revolution is turning on it's own...
their self imploding

lol
Old 12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
This guy must be really dense. How can any public official (or anyone in the public eye) do something like this and not expect to lose thier job?

If you are in some way, shape or form paid by the government or a public agency you will get boned for racial slurs or any racial comments in general, that's just common sense.

If anything it's a good thing that he got fired because if he's dumb enough to do this who knows what else he would mess up.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:56 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Your point is "somewhat" valid, and so is your previous point that this should never have been posted online, but if you really look at the content, the humor, and the intent of this film, it is purely harmless comedy. I do think he should be reprimanded for posting this online, but let's be serious... the film cannot be taken seriously by any reasonable person, and the film maker and participants should NOT be fired.
I'm not surprised that as a straight, white, male you feel that this skit is harmless. It shows your ignorance and lack of experience with discrimination.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:16 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Im going to cry bullsh!t on this one. Again, political correctness run rampant.

When a multitude of various races / ethnicities participate in the making of the video, you should be able to gather that it was intended as comedy and self-depracating jab at themselves.

I do, however, agree it wasnt the best judgement call, especially for someno holding a public service position .
Old 12-09-2005, 06:19 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by MVWRX

This is a really good point.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:30 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
It's all about CYA

From the Mayor down, everyone is trying to cover thier own asses on this one. Nobody wants the Sh*t to roll up hill. They know the blame game will eventually reach all the spineless pukes in the political spotlight.

So what began as a good hearted roast on a soon to be retired officers (If I heard right) is turning into something more horrific than the holocaust. Both genders and many different coultural backgrounds involved. The only reason this is making news is because it's S.F. It's a damn shame. The Mayor is such a spineless punk. The way he speaks of this it sounds like someone uncovered a mass grave in the middle of union square. It's time our politicians grew some hairy ***** and stopped being so quick to burn someone to the ground because they're worried about someone launching a smear campaign.

I guess, in the end, these cops should have known better than to try and have a little fun. But damn, what a shame. At least they know the Mayor and the chief don't give a rats *** about them. Knowing where you stand is an advantage all it's own.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Saw the tapes, it's a simple case of CYA for most of the people calling foul. Imho it was definately a mistake on the officers part to post it on the net, but in making the video I see no wrong doing.

Quick Reply: Insanity in SF Police Management- Officer fired for comedy roast tape