Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Gen Powell endorses Obama

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by irrational x
so what your saying.... your in favor of intervention in foreign governments / invasion... but only when your not against it
We need no go without good reason is all I'm saying.

WWI we had reason. (kinda, Lusitania was sunk so we went to war, but the Germans were right, we were arming the Brits)...

WWII we had reason to fight japan, and used that as a reason to fight in Europe as well even though many Americans did not want to go fight there pre Pearl Harbor.

Vietnam - Didn't need to go there. Helping UN
Korea - same

Quait - Well, we were asked, so we went...

Afghanistan, yep, definitely needed to go cause that's where Bin Laden was supposedly.

Iraq- 03... hmmm, sorry. Don't see the reason. All the reasons given to date were false. No Al Qaueda there before we went, no WMD... Had nothing to do with 9/11... so, didn't NEED to go there. We did anyways.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Old School

um... "want to go live" under saddam even though they had been tehre for about 1300 years before he was born?

you really dont know what the **** your talking about its comedy
You missed the part where I said "I'd have left."

Also, they are SMALL, SMALL percentage that lived in Iraq. Native Americans were everywhere when Europeans came to the US. 3%-7% are christian in iraq in the past 50 years. Number are getting smaller. https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...iz.html#People

Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't be treated horribly, but seriously, if you have a president that hates you why even want to live there. That's why my friends families left Iraq. Same reason why many of my afghan friends families left Afghanistan in the the late 80s, due to the rise of the Taliban.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Old School

you need to qualify your statements. were they Shia, sunni, turkmen, Syriac, Marsh Arab, or Kurdish?

they all had much different experiences under saddam
Just wanted to let you know they are Muslims, but not sure which type.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
You missed the part where I said "I'd have left."

Also, they are SMALL, SMALL percentage that lived in Iraq. Native Americans were everywhere when Europeans came to the US. 3%-7% are christian in iraq in the past 50 years. Number are getting smaller. https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...iz.html#People.
yah, most of them fled to Iran where they aren't persecuted nearly as much as they were under Saddam.

but your still not responding to our points... that you dont know what your talking about.

CIA factbook doesn't equal comprehension. You even spelled Kuwait wrong. so actually, Maybe you should glance over the fact book a little more.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Old School

yah, most of them fled to Iran where they aren't persecuted nearly as much as they were under Saddam.

but your still not responding to our points... that you dont know what your talking about.

CIA factbook doesn't equal comprehension. You even spelled Kuwait wrong. so actually, Maybe you should glance over the fact book a little more.
Excuse the spelling, please. I think you get the point.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Excuse the spelling, please. I think you get the point.
what point? you have yet to prove your thesis:

He said a surge in troop numbers from 140k to 160k wouldn't make much of a difference. [Powell] right, [the surge] hasn't.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:58 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
looks like its worked to me
Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
plays well with others

what happened?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
what happened?
The American people got duped into going into Iraq, that's what happened.

At the best we were misled and at the worst we were outright lied to. The reasons for going have changed, what like, 3 or 4 times now?

At least General Powell had the ***** to step away when he realized what a load of BS he was fed and that he turned around and fed the UN and us. It's really too bad he couldn't drag Bush and Cheney along with him when he left.

Gagan is right that there are so many other troubled spots around the world where people are dying at a far greater rate than in Iraq. If we were going to be Team America World Police then we could have done much better good going into a place like Sudan where there really is Genocide happening....Not the fake "because President Bush said so" Genocide

You two (Xevious and Irrational) sound like a couple of Republican parrots with all the talking points you are spewing. Did you get those right off the RNC webpage?

My favorite part was where someone said he must be for the killing of children...That was absolutely comical....

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 10-28-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:13 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
The American people got duped into going into Iraq, that's what happened.

At the best we were misled and at the worst we were outright lied to. The reasons for going have changed, what like, 3 or 4 times now?

At least General Powell had the ***** to step away when he realized what a load of BS he was fed and that he turned around and fed the UN and us. It's really too bad he couldn't drag Bush and Cheney along with him when he left.

Gagan is right that there are so many other troubled spots around the world where people are dying at a far greater rate than in Iraq. If we were going to be Team America World Police then we could have done much better good going into a place like Sudan where there really is Genocide happening....Not the fake "because President Bush said so" Genocide

You two (Xevious and Irrational) sound like a couple of Republican parrots with all the talking points you are spewing. Did you get those right off the RNC webpage?

My favorite part was where someone said he must be for the killing of children...That was absolutely comical....
to bad Powell didnt have the ***** to not lie to the entire world in front of the security council for intel he knew was bad. Besides, thanks to Powell we are also now violating international law.

there are many things that i am, however, republican is not one of them. Maybe if you actually could read you would take a look at the platform and policies for both parties and compare them to this debate. then, maybe you should read the thread (and probably a book) before you open your mouth?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 AM
plays well with others

mine too. its called rational inference and it is generally indicative of intelligent thought, something mysteriously absent in your post.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
The level of not understanding history is sad.

Every one knows it was the Jews that started the (insert war here.)
Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
The level of not understanding history is sad.

Every one knows it was the Jews that started the (insert war here.)
i'm<25% offended.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
mine too. its called rational inference and it is generally indicative of intelligent thought, something mysteriously absent in your post.
It could only be labeled rational inference if the point made was a rational one, otherwise it's just inference. Saying that because someone does not support the BS war in Iraq is akin to being for the killing of babies is, well, irrational. By that logic we could fight wars from now till the end of time since there are atrocities being committed all over the place all the time.

It's funny that intelligent thought can only be had if someone agrees with your politics.

there are many things that i am, however, republican is not one of them. Maybe if you actually could read you would take a look at the platform and policies for both parties and compare them to this debate. then, maybe you should read the thread (and probably a book) before you open your mouth?
Really? the book comment? Is that all you have? Every single argument you make ends in that same line...Show some creativity....

And I can understand why you wouldn't want to associate yourself with that party. Not many people want to these days....That said you sure do parrot the tenets of the RNC ideology well, if you're not a Republicant then you sure had me fooled.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
plays well with others

It could only be labeled rational inference if the point made was a rational one, otherwise it's just inference. Saying that because someone does not support the BS war in Iraq is akin to being for the killing of babies is, well, irrational. By that logic we could fight wars from now till the end of time since there are atrocities being committed all over the place all the time.

It's funny that intelligent thought can only be had if someone agrees with your politics.
Your misunderstanding the point. by a posteriori he derived a conclusion and then asked Gagan to confirm or deny its truth. regardless of how ridiculous the conclusion is it is still rationally obtained.

Really? the book comment? Is that all you have? Every single argument you make ends in that same line...Show some creativity....
Its not for lack of creativity, its called the truth. What if i called you a troglodyte homunculus? would that satisfy your needs?

And I can understand why you wouldn't want to associate yourself with that party. Not many people want to these days....That said you sure do parrot the tenets of the RNC ideology well, if you're not a Republicant then you sure had me fooled.
i choose not to associate myself with any party. On my voter registration card (which i can scan and post when i get home if you like) shows my party affiliation as "Cocktail". your only charge is '[parroting] RNC talking points' and since that clearly isnt what is happening here maybe you should get out?

Conversely, the reality of the conversation is that you are spewing DNC bull**** by attempting to dismiss a valid argument as 'a republican talking point'.

Son, your like a child that's wandered into an adult conversation. how 'bout this. when you can come up with an original thought, we will start taking you seriously.