Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Diversity gone awry- Whites under-represented in higher learning

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
There is no such thing as THE minority. There is such a thing as THE majority; it requires that one group constitute >50% of the population. So in most states there is the white majority and several minorities. And when the white population goes below 50% in a state, then there is NO majority and several minorities. Saying any group is THE minority is helladumb.

I'm not bringing this up because of symantics; I think using the phrase "the minority' when refering to whites losing the majority is indicitive of a fundamental flaw in some people's thinking of what majority and minority are.

There's nothing wrong with having 10 minorities and no majority; in fact, I would predict that a democracy would run better with no majority group.

You are correct I was wrong.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:56 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I agree but thats not what Hella based his argument on. He was going by population stats, in a very biased format, which didn't further his argument. I will say this though, even if we did the demographics by the amount of applicants for admission you would see a higher representation of whites vs other minorities.
I think I surprised at least a few people in the course of my thread regarding the true diversity of law schools, and even was surprised myself when I saw that women significantly outnumber the men in local schools. It's safe to say that many folks here assumed evil white men dominate the top schools, but that just isn't so. Whites are a dying and lazy race, so don't get your panties in a bind.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:13 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
It's safe to say that many folks here assumed evil white men dominate the top schools, but that just isn't so.
I have been aware for years that institutions of higher learning are diverse. I would say that nobody was surprised.

Originally Posted by hella
Whites are a dying and lazy race, so don't get your panties in a bind.
Racist.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by lojasmo
I have been aware for years that institutions of higher learning are diverse. I would say that nobody was surprised.
Yes, you would