Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Diversity gone awry- Whites under-represented in higher learning

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:26 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by lojasmo
"American Rennisance" June 1996 edition?

Both biggoted garbage and obsolete to boot. I bet that's a great read.
I don't subscribe to it and yes.. it's bigoted, but it's funny you'd call ME racist when those widely held views are out there.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:42 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I don't subscribe to it and yes.. it's bigoted, but it's funny you'd call ME racist when those widely held views are out there.
Widely held racist views? Yeah, I guess they're out there. This is the only place I come across them, though. I don't search it out on the internets. Thanks for bringing me a little slice of unwanted diversity.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:44 AM

Now that's good old-fashioned racism.
Nope. I'm looking forward to a time when whites are equal in number to other races. I'm looking for equality.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by lojasmo
Nope. I'm looking forward to a time when whites are equal in number to other races. I'm looking for equality.
That sounds racist, but who am I to judge? ahahahhahah

Funny, because whites are a dying race in many parts of the U.S. because of "white flight" and because they don't have enough kids. Statistically, most white Americans will be in the nursing homes in 50 years. In 100 years it will be hard to find a white person in many states if you look how increasingly segregated communities are becoming. I already play "find the natural blonde" when I go to SF, where the average blonde is Japanese .

Just like many African Americans, they have some "white" in them and you can't tell. My kids get a free pass as asians but they can claim whatever they feel like.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 01-30-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Just like many African Americans, they have some "white" in them and you can't tell. My kids get a free pass as asians but they can claim whatever they feel like.
Of course all people are descended from Africans, so.....
Old 01-30-2006, 10:57 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I already play "find the natural blonde" when I go to SF...

Why doesn't that surprise me at all...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:44 AM

Basing it off of State population is the only excuse, but people go to ABA law schools so they can get licensed in The United States, not necessarily the state at which they go to school.
Are you kidding me?! Do you expect area's with lower concentrations of whites to IMPORT them to the state so that they equal the national average?! Are you insane?

From your own numbers of 69%... heck I'd be willing to bet it's 65% if you factor in all the illegals, whites are still under-represented.
So this further proves what I have been saying? That if anything whites are over represented in graduate level programs. Thanks I guess for making my point for me?

Oh, and the reason for me looking at this closer is because WHITE PEOPLE (lawmakers, politicians, lawyers... (you know.. the priveleged class that has zero poor and downtrodden)) made a cultural environment in which whites are the eventual loser.
Seems to me whites are doing pretty well. For starters they are over represented in graduate programs versus other races. How many white senators, ceo's, lawyers are there that are white vs other races? I'm pretty sure the majority are white. So what am I missing here? Did I suddenly start taking LSD and hallucinate this world I'm living in?

We all know whites are already the minority in two of America's largest states (CA, TX) and that trend is going to continue. I JUST WANT TO BE SURE WHITES WILL BE PROTECTED AS A MINORITY just like what they've selflessly done for other races. Fair is fair, but as we know, humans can be evil.
How are whites the minorities in Texas? I just showed you the state census, 52.43% is HARDLY the minority. Seems to me they are really the majority.

Anyways I'm done gpat is right this is pointless and you are a closet racist.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Unregistered
So what am I missing here? Did I suddenly start taking LSD and hallucinate this world I'm living in?
No, you've been like that as long as I can remember.

How are whites the minorities in Texas? I just showed you the state census, 52.43% is HARDLY the minority. Seems to me they are really the majority.
Whites are actually the minority in 4 states... not 2 like I previously stated:
(California, Texas, New Mexico, Hawaii, with Maryland, Mississippi, Georgia, New York, and Arizona not far behind)
So, anyway, the true racists on this board should get pleasure in that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165395,00.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8902484/
http://news.sawf.org/Lifestyle/2079.aspx
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...sourceCode=RSS
Old 01-31-2006, 09:33 AM

I could resist.

No, you've been like that as long as I can remember.
Funny I'd say the same about you.

Whites are actually the minority in 4 states... not 2 like I previously stated:
(California, Texas, New Mexico, Hawaii, with Maryland, Mississippi, Georgia, New York, and Arizona not far behind)
So, anyway, the true racists on this board should get pleasure in that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165395,00.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8902484/
http://news.sawf.org/Lifestyle/2079.aspx
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...sourceCode=RSS
Are you on crack?
Originally Posted by Fox News
According to the population estimates based on the 2000 Census, about 50.2 percent of Texans are now minorities
So all other races besides whites now total 50.2 percent of Texans. So are you ignoring the fact that if you compare each of the other races individually, not as a group, whites are STILL the overwhelming majority? Basically if you twist the facts, which is what this is, you get whites as not the overwhelming majority. Instead you get whites and ALL minorities as equals, close enough. Yep the poor white man is getting the short end of the stick. And this FURTHER proves my point that whites are OVERWHELMINGLY the majority in graduate courses! And they are OVER represented even when all the minorities are grouped together.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:48 AM

There is no such thing as THE minority. There is such a thing as THE majority; it requires that one group constitute >50% of the population. So in most states there is the white majority and several minorities. And when the white population goes below 50% in a state, then there is NO majority and several minorities. Saying any group is THE minority is helladumb.

I'm not bringing this up because of symantics; I think using the phrase "the minority' when refering to whites losing the majority is indicitive of a fundamental flaw in some people's thinking of what majority and minority are.

There's nothing wrong with having 10 minorities and no majority; in fact, I would predict that a democracy would run better with no majority group.

Last edited by MVWRX; 01-31-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:19 AM

whites are OVERWHELMINGLY the majority in graduate courses! And they are OVER represented even when all the minorities are grouped together.
Did you even look at Stanford, Berkeley, Davis, UCLA, UCSF, or any other west coast school? Yeah, I thought not.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:22 AM

Even if we did look at the west coast schools again, Unreg'ed point (that state population %s count more when the vast majority of students come from instate) will show that whites are still over represented...

because non-hispanic whites in CA are only 46.7%
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06000.html

so when we revisit the stats from those schools you mentioned we see that...whites are again overrepresented when comparing them to the actual pool of people the school draws from.

Don't you see the hole you're digging getting way too deep now? What will it take for you to realize that, on this issue, you're just plain WRONG and that whites are overrepresented in college, grad school, prof school, and in high end jobs, law jobs, political jobs....

Last edited by MVWRX; 01-31-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Don't you see the hole you're digging getting way too deep now? What will it take for you to realize that, on this issue, you're just plain WRONG and that whites are overrepresented in college, grad school, prof school, and in high end jobs, law jobs, political jobs....
Hahaha and what planet is this? Do you think that somehow as you twist the facts that reality changes along with your lunacy? Open your eyes.

I clearly showed that LAW school demographics PROVE that whites are under-represented, and the same goes for some of the best schools in undergraduate/graduate admission (i.e. Berkeley, Stanford, etc)

Why are you so hateful of the white race?

Last edited by HellaDumb; 01-31-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:01 PM

...riiiight, because you're the only one on this forum with open eyes...you should take your own damn advice there bud.

It is clear that in the US, whites are not underrepresented in any way in any field of education. YOU are the one who has tried (to no avail) to make the stats appear to favor non-whites; however when the pertinant data is analized, it is very clear to anyone with reasoning skills that your claim (that whites are underrepresented in upper education) is completely false.

If you continue to beleive this racist and ignorant assertion, you will find that the only person you will affect will be yourself; and it will be in a negative way.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:04 PM

I clearly showed that LAW school demographics PROVE that whites are under-represented, and the same goes for some of the best schools in undergraduate/graduate admission (i.e. Berkeley, Stanford, etc)

Why are you so hateful of the white race?

What you showed was that those schools don't represent all of America. But if you look at their enrollment stats, you will see that >75% of the students at those schools are from CA. Therefore, CA should be the population they are compared to (also, as you pointed out, the state administers the BAR exams...). When compared to the population of CA, all of the schools you sited are, in fact, overrepresenting whites in their law classes.

I don't hate the white race; however I don't have false illusions of a mass conspiracy to hinder white people either. You are extrememly xenophobic; I have seen this demostrated over and over by your posts. This is just another example of you, at the root of the problem, fearing that which is different from yourself.

Last edited by MVWRX; 01-31-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Diversity gone awry- Whites under-represented in higher learning