Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Democrats: Health care is a right

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:00 AM

Car Info: nothing
health care is a responsibility.

stupid obama wants to use more tax money for univ health care... cool free health care for illegals that dont even pay taxes.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Tizzo27
Unfortunately, good feelings don't pay off student loans, and Med school costs alot of money.
I see no reason you can't make money and do good at the same time..
Granted you have companies that screw over their clients (insurance companies etc using loopholes to avoid payouts ala New Orleans comes to mind)
And those companies should be out of business, but profit doesn't automatically equate to wrongdoing.
*sigh*

I didn't say that people shouldn't be able to receive compensation for their work, I said that I have an ethical problem with the idea that saving lives is all about profit.

And for the record, I would much rather have a society in which there was no money at all. Although I probably shouldn't be saying that here, since I doubt it will go over well with most of you. :P
Old 07-27-2009, 10:59 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
*sigh*

I didn't say that people shouldn't be able to receive compensation for their work, I said that I have an ethical problem with the idea that saving lives is all about profit.

And for the record, I would much rather have a society in which there was no money at all. Although I probably shouldn't be saying that here, since I doubt it will go over well with most of you. :P
Hippy.....

...but I get it.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
*sigh*

Without currency the greedy will just find another way to satisfy their needs and control society.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Without currency the greedy will just find another way to satisfy their needs and control society.
This is a discussion best had in person, over beer.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:25 PM

So, no money as in going back to the barter system? Could you elaborate? How would we put a quantifiable value on one's labor? Would there be a distinction between high-skill labor vs. low-skill labor?
________
R90

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:38 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
health care is a human right.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by horsecut54
health care is a human right.
That's too simplistic...who's covered, who pays, should all pay the same???
Old 07-27-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
That's too simplistic...who's covered, who pays, should all pay the same???
It's a right insofar as you are entitled to it if you can afford it. Everyone is covered - the only limitation on the amount/quality of care is the size of your wallet.
________
SQUIRTING VAGINA

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:51 PM

we all pay already. My folks have been spending 25 K PER YEAR FOR 10 YEARS on their health care, my mom just died of cancer after only battling it for three months, and now were are about 60,000 in debt because of it. America has the 37 ranked health care in the world. and we pay more per capita than any other country in the world.

So to be as nice as I can to all you people who can never admit that America is anything but NUMBER 1 at something. **** You! You know nothing, nor do you care to, you are all a bunch of self reinforcing ignoramuses. And you can also lick my *****.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:53 PM

oh, and paul don't you realize that you really admire the realpolitik of your avatar. You and him would probably get along great, probably be best friends if you had a beer with him.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:01 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
we all pay already. My folks have been spending 25 K PER YEAR FOR 10 YEARS on their health care, my mom just died of cancer after only battling it for three months, and now were are about 60,000 in debt because of it. America has the 37 ranked health care in the world. and we pay more per capita than any other country in the world.

So to be as nice as I can to all you people who can never admit that America is anything but NUMBER 1 at something. **** You! You know nothing, nor do you care to, you are all a bunch of self reinforcing ignoramuses. And you can also lick my *****.
No reason to start throwing feces at everyone on here.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:18 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Out of sympathy for your recent lose, I'll be polite and decline the offer to lick your ********(s).

My mother died of cancer a few years ago as well, so I have an understanding of your pain.

Would your mother still be with us if BarryCare was available?
No, she would not, as your family (probably) makes too much money.
In fact, she probably would've died sooner.

The only thing different is that your family and not mine has to bear the financial burden of her care.

oh, and paul don't you realize that you really admire the realpolitik of your avatar. You and him would probably get along great, probably be best friends if you had a beer with him.
How ironic, as it's you calling for more gov't control/involvement in our lives.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus

25K for good healthcare. Just think about what you'll get on the Feds dime. Sorry to hear about your mom, but the quality of care has little to do with your mothers time on the treatment. There are too many factors to consider. Maybe it had nothing to do with the care. Maybe it was just time.

Please cite your figures. Cause I call BS.

I think you'll find that most of the people that respond in this forum are quite intelligent. You may disagree, but again, this has little to do with ones intelligence.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by kyoung05
So, no money as in going back to the barter system? Could you elaborate? How would we put a quantifiable value on one's labor? Would there be a distinction between high-skill labor vs. low-skill labor?
This is a discussion best had in person, over beer.
And no, not the barter system. Again, I shouldn't be mentioning this here because of how I'm sure most of you will react (my predictions seem to be right on track so far), but my belief is that there should be no value on labor other than the distinction between a needed service and a luxury service -- if even that.

Quick Reply: Democrats: Health care is a right