Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Dean is scum. He should be tried for this!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:06 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
i'll second that
Old 12-07-2005, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Dr3, don't ridicule your self like that. I'm really sorry your dad was abusive.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by dub2w
Great post lajasmo. I actually like Dean. He screwed himself with his WWF tirade, but the man is passionate about America (albeit from a liberal perspective).
Nope. The media screwed Dean. He was addressing 3000 screaming supporters, and the media pulled it off the sound board and played it over 200 times on major networks in the weeks between the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries.

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
More power to you. I don't like him just based off his beliefs on domestic issues .
Which issues? Ballancing the budget for eleven consecutive years? Or are you opposed to his A+ rating from the NRA? Or perhaps you don't agree with insurance for all children? Which domestic issues are you referring to?

Originally Posted by helladumb
Dude.. wake up! From the Vietnam example, the war critics at home were recorded and played as propaganda to weaken the morale of POWs and break them! Don't be so helladumb!
Well, you made that assertion (still unproven/uncited)

I'm used to republicans making assertions they can't prove to back up their POV. I usually ignore them until they are proven....It usually never becomes an issue.

Originally Posted by me
An occupying force cannot win a civil war.
Anybody want to tackle that one?

Last edited by lojasmo; 12-07-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:16 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by lojasmo
Nope. The media screwed Dean.
I agree in theory, but Dean really did this to himself. The media had portrayed him as a tea kettle about to pop his pot (prior to the loss in NH) and he only added fule to their fire.

He should have known better than to give them a perfect 10 second video / sound bite. It was the silver dagger in his hopes of becoming president.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10284169/#051207a

"Dean explained what we ought to do with the 160,000 troops currently facing defeat in Iraq. "I think we need a strategic redeployment over a period of two years," he said. His plan: bring home the guardsmen and the reservists immediately. Send 20,000 troops to Afghanistan. And then this: "we need a force in the Middle East, not in Iraq but in a friendly neighboring country, to fight [terrorist leader Abu Musab] Zarqawi."

In other words, what we need to do is send American troops to yet another Arab country, from which they could fight the war they've been waging so unsuccessfully in Iraq. That way, not only could we prolong the war in Iraq, we'd get to destabilize another country in the region, this time one of the few we still consider an ally. It's a clever plan, the perfect combination of recklessness and stupidity. You can see how Dean came up with it.

What you can't see is how he's allowed to continue to embarrass his party by saying things like this in public. Where are the adults? Why doesn't someone get the hook? Who's running the Democratic Party, anyway? Oh, yeah. Howard Dean is. "
Old 12-07-2005, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by deyes

"Dean explained what we ought to do with the 160,000 troops currently facing defeat in Iraq. "
I'm helladumb!

Last edited by HellaDumb; 12-07-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:07 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Its not pro Dean if thats what you think.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:08 PM

"Dean explained what we ought to do with the 160,000 troops currently facing defeat in Iraq. "I think we need a strategic redeployment over a period of two years," he said. His plan: bring home the guardsmen and the reservists immediately. Send 20,000 troops to Afghanistan. And then this: "we need a force in the Middle East, not in Iraq but in a friendly neighboring country, to fight [terrorist leader Abu Musab] Zarqawi."

In other words, what we need to do is send American troops to yet another Arab country, from which they could fight the war they've been waging so unsuccessfully in Iraq. That way, not only could we prolong the war in Iraq, we'd get to destabilize another country in the region, this time one of the few we still consider an ally. It's a clever plan, the perfect combination of recklessness and stupidity. You can see how Dean came up with it.

What you can't see is how he's allowed to continue to embarrass his party by saying things like this in public. Where are the adults? Why doesn't someone get the hook? Who's running the Democratic Party, anyway? Oh, yeah. Howard Dean is. "

And yet, people criticize the democratic party because they "don't have a plan"

:eyes:

but when anything is said, "where are the adults"

:eyes:

Look: Iraq is a complete disaster.

This administration used cherrypicked evidence, some of it known to be unreliable or forged at the time, (and certainly, in retrospect, have been proven to be demonstably wrong) to convince the citizens of the united states and the congress to support an action, which, in reality had been planned for a long time (Check this letter-and the signatories)

Now, three years, and over $200,000,000,000 later, we have thousands of American soldiers dead and wounded, and approximately 100,000 dead Iraqi citizens. Now, a significant plurality of Iraqis believe that their nation is worse off than before the invasion, and that attacks against U.S. troops are justified.

And you don't think just about anything else, besides what this administration has pulled off, would be preferable?

I think you're nuts.
Its not pro Dean if thats what you think.
Sure as hell isn't....geez! what a hatchet job. He's almost as bad as helladumb.

Last edited by lojasmo; 12-08-2005 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Look, think of it like this. How long would an executive in a large company last saying that his/her company was going to lose to a competitor, and that they should give up? Executives are part of a team, and there is a code to be followed. Can you imagine an executive telling a competitor "Keep up the good work; You're kicking our ***!!!!"
He/she would be unemployed in an instant.

Just like Dean compares Iraq to Vietnam, Hanoi Dean is breaking an unsaid code and telling our enemies that their strategy is fantastic!!! He couldn't boost the morale of the extremists better than he is already doing. I guarantee you that they are toasting Allah Akbars to his insane liberal rants.
I disagree. A company is ruled by somewhat of a aristocracy or dictatorship. We live in AMERICA under a republic. We are allowed to say whatever the hell we want. The MOST unamerican thing you can do is not voice your opinion and just be a sheep of "your" party.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
I disagree. A company is ruled by somewhat of a aristocracy or dictatorship. We live in AMERICA under a republic. We are allowed to say whatever the hell we want. The MOST unamerican thing you can do is not voice your opinion and just be a sheep of "your" party.
I would say that is tied with: Saying a person should not be able to say what they believe. Or to say that a person should be tried for exercising their right to free speech.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:43 AM

"Things aren't getting better; they're getting worse. The White House is completely disconnected from reality. It's like they're just making it up as they go along. The reality is that we're losing in Iraq."

Senator Chuck Hagel (R-Nebraska)
Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Which issues? Ballancing the budget for eleven consecutive years? Or are you opposed to his A+ rating from the NRA? Or perhaps you don't agree with insurance for all children? Which domestic issues are you referring to?
I'm going to be completely honest with you, I don't like that fact that he got a draft deferment for Vietnam because of a unfused vertebra but then had the audacity to take up a hippy life style in his home state that consisted of drinking and skiing everyday. If you're not willing to fight for your country I have a personal issue with you having the power to send others to do it.

And just to avoid the cliche comeback I know my previous statement subjects me to, Bush was in a National Guard Air Force unit and Kerry did deploy to Vietnam (regardless of what he did there).
Old 12-08-2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
I'm going to be completely honest with you, I don't like that fact that he got a draft deferment for Vietnam because of a unfused vertebra but then had the audacity to take up a hippy life style in his home state that consisted of drinking and skiing everyday. If you're not willing to fight for your country I have a personal issue with you having the power to send others to do it.

And just to avoid the cliche comeback I know my previous statement subjects me to, Bush was in a National Guard Air Force unit and Kerry did deploy to Vietnam (regardless of what he did there).

Wow! I can't believe you just typed that out.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=1reguL8NSTi]I'm going to be completely honest with you, I don't like that fact that he got a draft deferment for Vietnam because of a unfused vertebra but then had the audacity to take up a hippy life style in his home state that consisted of drinking and skiing everyday. [QUOTE]

Ah, so you were being dishonest before....good on ya.

anyway:

If you take him at his word, Dean's back problam made it impossible to run, but not to ski.

source

Don't forget that Cheney got five student deferments

Reagan made movies for the army in southern california

Who served

You'll notice that those who most vociferously support war were conspicuously absent from millitary duty.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:17 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Wow! I can't believe you just typed that out.
Why?

Ah, so you were being dishonest before....good on ya.

anyway:

If you take him at his word, Dean's back problam made it impossible to run, but not to ski.

source

Don't forget that Cheney got five student deferments

Reagan made movies for the army in southern california

Who served

You'll notice that those who most vociferously support war were conspicuously absent from millitary duty.
I wasn't being dishonest before. There are things in his agenda that I don't necessarily agree with. I do give him credit as far as his economic accomplishments go and his success in that department is evident after a visit to Vermont. We need more Presidents like Eisenhower, Roosevelt and Washington (just to name a few). I am eternally grateful that the military is ultimately lead by a civilian but it'd be nice to have someone who understands the issues that those that fight deal with. Granted there is much more to being President than military stuff but I'm kind of biased as **** slides down hill and I'm not far from the bottom in relation.

Quick Reply: Dean is scum. He should be tried for this!