Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Carter rips Miller on convention speech

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Carter rips Miller on convention speech

Carter apparently busted out on Miller:

"By now, there are many of us loyal Democrats who feel uncomfortable in seeing that you have chosen the rich over the poor, unilateral pre-emptive war over a strong nation united with others for peace, lies and obfuscation over the truth and the political technique of character assassination as a way to win elections or to garner a few moments of applause," Carter wrote. The letter was made public by Miller's office; Carter's office declined to release it.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Jimmy Carter needs to go away. If it was up to him the U.S. would turn control of this country to the EU.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:30 PM

uh yeah...

Old 09-07-2004, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

what don't you understand?
Old 09-07-2004, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
i would like to see where you are coming from, maybe some more indepth explanation of your view?
Old 09-07-2004, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

http://www.nationalreview.com/flashb...nger101102.asp
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...rs/1991260.stm
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/1116-01.htm
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110004952
http://www.intellectualactivist.com/...cle.php?id=883
Old 09-07-2004, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

would love to hear your own take on it, thanks for the links when i have some more time i will look them over. (a quick summary with some examples of your own would be killer)
Old 09-07-2004, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Its not easy to point out one thing that Carter has said that screams my point. Its more of just listening to him overtime and observing his actions in regards to the United States relationship to the UN.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:36 PM
VIP Member

if you cant tell i am trying to make you commit to somethingm a view, an oppinion so i can debate you on it.

(if i think it is worth it of course)

dont know just give me some examples or something man, like his stance on this or that, or something ANYTHING!! hahaha

just want to see you try and express your views a bit instead of just cutting and pasting some urls.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:42 PM
VIP Member

Are you trying to be condescending or does it just happen by accident?
Jimmy Carter belongs to a group of democrats who subscribe to the belief that the US isn't the greatest nation in the world and we don't deserve to think that way. They feel that we should do whatever it takes to pacify the rest of the world and make other countries feel good about themselves. They feel that we shouldn't ever wield our own power independent of the rest of the world, that we can't make a move without first consulting the UN and getting even the smallest 3rd world countries ok. That clear up my view for you?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

not trying at all just trying to push you along so we can have a discussion if possible.

You just need to come out of your shell and state your views, sort of like what you just did..

Ya have to give people something to work with ya know
Old 09-08-2004, 08:55 AM

How about bringing this back to the argument proposed.

i.e. Zell Miller having "chosen the rich over the poor, unilateral pre-emptive war over a strong nation united with others for peace, lies and obfuscation over the truth and the political technique of character assassination as a way to win elections or to garner a few moments of applause."
Old 09-08-2004, 10:26 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by ftnssn
....Jimmy Carter belongs to a group of democrats who subscribe to the belief that the US isn't the greatest nation in the world and we don't deserve to think that way.
So you are one of those arrogant blind nationalistic morons that think because you were born into it automatically makes the US the greatest nation on earth.

Thanks for claifying that for us all.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:28 AM
VIP Member

what a surprise a berkley-ite starts the name calling. I think that everyone in the world should be proud of their country. I'm proud to be an American, despite all of its flaws and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

And you didn't even pose it as a question, you stated it as fact. You don't know me, so don't act like you do. The only thing I said about you is posted right in your info so step back.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:54 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
OK I apologize for the moron comment, but I do have a deep lothing of blind nationalism, and an inherent distrust of those that engage in it, and comments like you made about President Carter not subscribing to that very thing- makes me think that maybe you do.

And if you really do, than I'll stand by my labelling, as I really don't think that a rational, intelligent, thinking person can fully and without exception believe that America is the "greatest nation on earth".

You yourself did add the "despite its flaws" qualifier.

My point is that as along as we acknowledge flaws, there is room for improvement and the title of "greatest nation on earth" has no real meaning.

In fact the very notion of one nation being greater than any other only has meaning when such nations are being discussed in a specific context.

Does the US make the greatest all wheel drive sports cars in the world? no.
Does the US have the largest population in the world? no.
Does the US have the fastest growing economy in the world? no.
Does the US allow the most personal freedom? no.
Does the US have the most technologically advanced military? , yes it sure does.
Does the US have a military that can rule the world?, I don't think so.

What does the greatest nation on earth mean to you?

Quick Reply: Carter rips Miller on convention speech