Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush as our supreme ruler

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
shucks, you guys are right, maybe if we all had more tolerance we could gain a better understanding of the enemy's m.o....
What does that have anything to do with what we are talking about? So a women is being treated inhumanly by a man in Iran. So? What we should follow their lead and do the same here? Wait no even better we should torture them because look what they do to their own. That will teach them! Who cares about what the rest of the world see's as us. Who cares that it will just make them stronger. Who cares about the moral high ground. Who cares about treating others as humans. Who cares that we justify everything that Ben Ladin called us.

Short-sightedness is not a trait you should be proud of.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
It's relevant because what is happening to the accused adultress IS torture, which is far different than anything that is happening at Guantanamo Bay.

Can any of you prove otherwise?

What do you people consider torture? Being fed so well that the average detainee gains 10 pounds in custody, or that you get prayer rugs, qurans and well over 2000 calories a day and all the soccer you can desire?

Consider the source of the video clip, Keith Olberman, that would be like Helladumb posting a link to an oped written by Rush Limbaugh on a study done about gays being responsible for the worlds problems.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 10-21-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Wink

Originally Posted by Unregistered
To defeat our enemies we should not become our enemies. If we do we have already lost.
To defeat your enemy you punch him in the face until he no longer poses a threat.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:02 AM

It's relevant because what is happening to the accused adultress IS torture, which is far different than anything that is happening at Guantanamo Bay.

Can any of you prove otherwise?
Read the news much? Unless you don't count water boarding as torture. This is also not just about Guantanamo Bay but our secret bases where torture has taken place. This also allows us to torture anyone. So I still don't see the revalance of that picture. Since we are not talking about what is happening in Guantanamo Bay, but what powers we are giving the President to do to suspected terrorist.

What do you people consider torture? Being fed so well that the average detainee gains 10 pounds in custody, or that you get prayer rugs, qurans and well over 2000 calories a day and all the soccer you can desire?

Consider the source of the video clip, Keith Olberman, that would be like Helladumb posting a link to an oped written by Rush Limbaugh on a study done about gays being responsible for the worlds problems.
Again what does that have anything to do with the bills that were just passed? Please read up on them as it allows a whole heck of abuse that has yet to happen. Also if you think the life of being a prisoner without any rights to a lawyer and never knowing if you will get out is great, then you have no idea what you are talking about. But hey I'm sure they are ecstatic to know they will be getting fat and playing soccer but never knowing when they will see their families. When they will see there homelands.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:10 AM

To defeat your enemy you punch him in the face until he no longer poses a threat.
You still have no clue what terrorist are about do you? With that type of mentality you will never win. If you kill a brother/father/friend another two will rise up. You start proving people like Ben Ladin right (torture anyone) and you start giving them better recruiting tools. You start a cycle that will not end.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:24 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Unregistered
You still have no clue what terrorist are about do you? With that type of mentality you will never win. If you kill a brother/father/friend another two will rise up. You start proving people like Ben Ladin right (torture anyone) and you start giving them better recruiting tools. You start a cycle that will not end.
Wurd!

Fighting dirty might work between two individuals, they may never see eachother again. But countries, countries have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, countries also have alies that wouldn't mind a little retaliation. Violence will just begat more violence, that's more or less how humans are. Countries with large military force don't get their asses kicked and just sit there saying, "Gee, I'm glad that's over". Countries with power will fight back to maintain that power.

This is why dozens and dozens of knowledgible people working as a team should be making these types of decisions... not one man, like Bush perhaps.

Getting back on topic, individual people shouldn't have control of such things as the interpretation of the law. That's hardly a form of democracy. If one person can control interpretation of the law, what exactly prevents that person from taking control of other powers?

It doesn't matter whether or not you think Bush is justified in signing for this law. It doesn't matter because it's still unConstitutional and therefor not lawfull and unAmerican.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
shucks, you guys are right, maybe if we all had more tolerance we could gain a better understanding of the enemy's m.o....

http://www.iran-press-service.com/ip...i_161004.shtml
So? ***** poisoned whole groups of people in "showers" and burned bodies in ovens by the hundreds; should we have done the same to any captured *****? What ever happened to the notion, which Bush claims to support, that the US keep the moral high-raod?

-Chris
Old 10-21-2006, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Oooh, an internet video, the source of all credible information!
if im saying question info, question the source to. any educated person knows they cant trust information that doesnt come from a credicble source. just because the information is on the internet doesnt mean it is true or false. so, yes question it, but dont be an ***.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
This is a tough one for me.

To win, you need intelligence.
Some torture techniques work in gathering intel, and they should be used.

However, if there's even a slight possiblity that any of you Leftists would be rounded up & tortured, this law is wrong.

On a side note, I may have told y'all about how the FBI "investigated" me about the Oklahoma City bombing.

I wonder how my "investigation" would've gone down had this law been in effect?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
btw...

The Geneva Conventions have to be ageed to by all parties involved. Al Queida is not abiding by them and never would.
No they don't as far as the US is concerned. We signed up to follow them regardless of what our 'enemy' does or dresses like. However, there is the legal process and legal review process for redefining the body of rules when faced with additional factors not addressed when they the Geneva and Hague Conventions were initially attended.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:02 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
Cause Bush doesn't have the ***** to take down Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Qatar and the real hotbeds of terrorism. He sure as hell would have my support if he did that. He sure as hell doesn't care about my support though cause oil and big business interests are worth a ****load more than mine. I'm no liberal and I support Bush when in went into Afghanistan to take down the Taliban and bin Laden. But I soon stopped that support once he turned his attention away from the real problem and simply ensuring re-election for his Republican cronies and satisfying his extreme right constituency. He has completely ignored the real war on terror.
Amen. Well said ~
Old 10-24-2006, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
On a side note, I may have told y'all about how the FBI "investigated" me about the Oklahoma City bombing.

I wonder how my "investigation" would've gone down had this law been in effect?

Doesn't that scare the bejesus out of you now? I am all for torturing, killing, maming KNOWN terrorists but this law basically means you could potentially be labeled a terrorist with no way to prove to anyone otherwise.

It goes against everything this country stands for. I am appalled...