Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush as our supreme ruler

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
If you buy into "we're doing this to protect you from islamo-facists", then you deserved to get your rights trampled. This isn't about protecting terrorists, this is about taking away Your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. How pro-Bush are you gonna be when you're put on the No-Fly list, arrested, flown on a private plane to Jordan, and sent to a Syrian torture camp, simply because of mistaken identities. It's happened before to an innocent man and it can happen to ANY American that has nothing to do with terrorist.

Even worse is when the government hides their illegal activity under the name of so called "patriotic" laws such as these. Ask the NSA and AT&T.

Grow up and take off the Fox News glasses. Nobody is protecting the terrorist and nobody wants their rights trampled on in the name of "the War on Terrorism."
Then please explain why our country doesnt have the ***** to deal with these islamofacists as they should be delt with? No matter what you think or say there is always going to be someone arguing against your opinion no matter what the topic in politics. Liberals and conservatives obviously think different and both are entitled to their opinions. I believe mine and you believe yours simply as that. I'm not trouncing on your ideas just expressing mine.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:42 PM

Car Info: Not a WRX any more . . .
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
so what? i seriously say *** the geneva convention in this case of our war on terrorism.
. . .

I started to write a much longer reply, but I think I just have to stick with

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Dumbest post ever.
+1 and then some. You seriously don't deserve to live in this country. You do deserve to sign up for a tour in whatever country Bush decides to invade to try and win this election, because the people who already volunteered to serve seriously don't deserve this crap.

Short and simple: whatever you say is ok for us to do to them, you are saying is ok for them to do to our troops. Do you even know anyone in the military? Do you really think it's ok for them to be tortured? Decapitated? You must be one sick sob.

Corollary: You suck. If you want to live in a country with those kind of low standards please move to North Korea as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
This gives the Bush administration the power to imprison whoever the hell they want, just because. Stereotyping can be put into affect and whomever that looks to be a terrorist can be held, without any evidence.
This is exactly it. The law will be used for business unrelated to terrorism. If they feel that you are a threat at all to their politcal agenda (read POLITCAL AGENDA--not country), then you're deemed a terrorist and silenced.

And the worst part is big businesses such as Walmart, Exxon, and Disney can use their power of lobbying to silence critics. Don't laugh, it's not so far fetched. It's happened before in our history and it can happen again. Look at Vietnam...we vowed never to make the same mistake and look where we are in Iraq now. We never learn from our mistakes, thus are doomed to repeat it.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:44 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
Originally Posted by bclee
Corollary: You suck. If you want to live in a country with those kind of low standards please move to North Korea as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
+1,000,000
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Then please explain why our country doesnt have the ***** to deal with these islamofacists as they should be delt with? No matter what you think or say there is always going to be someone arguing against your opinion no matter what the topic in politics. Liberals and conservatives obviously think different and both are entitled to their opinions. I believe mine and you believe yours simply as that. I'm not trouncing on your ideas just expressing mine.
Cause Bush doesn't have the ***** to take down Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Qatar and the real hotbeds of terrorism. He sure as hell would have my support if he did that. He sure as hell doesn't care about my support though cause oil and big business interests are worth a ****load more than mine. I'm no liberal and I support Bush when in went into Afghanistan to take down the Taliban and bin Laden. But I soon stopped that support once he turned his attention away from the real problem and simply ensuring re-election for his Republican cronies and satisfying his extreme right constituency. He has completely ignored the real war on terror.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by bclee
Short and simple: whatever you say is ok for us to do to them, you are saying is ok for them to do to our troops. Do you even know anyone in the military? Do you really think it's ok for them to be tortured? Decapitated? You must be one sick sob.
All I am saying is that they do NOT deserve any sort of humane rights if they dont provide anyone non-muslim with humane rights. They basically should get what they deserve. And honestly I wouldn't mind if I got picked up in a draft and had to defend my country. I am also trying to get into the military as we speak it's just that my height/weight combo isnt ideal and I'm trying to work towards it. Call me ignorant and what not, but it won't change my view. And instead of replying "dumbest post ever" why dont you reply with something more intelligent to say? I at least respect bassplyer and krazyasian for attempting to go in depth with a response. This is turning out to be a fun topic to discuss too
Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by stevenkhau
Cause Bush doesn't have the ***** to take down Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Qatar and the real hotbeds of terrorism. He sure as hell would have my support if he did that. He sure as hell doesn't care about my support though cause oil and big business interests are worth a ****load more than mine. I'm no liberal and I support Bush when in went into Afghanistan to take down the Taliban and bin Laden. But I soon stopped that support once he turned his attention away from the real problem and simply ensuring re-election for his Republican cronies and satisfying his extreme right constituency. He has completely ignored the real war on terror.
Look we all know we need oil, and yes we know we know whats going on (or as much as the media allows us to know.) But I do agree that we should hit the hot spots too. And overthrowing Sadaam was about 16yrs too late, it should have been done the moment we freed the kurds. I personally place the blame on all of the idea that we have to be PC and are too afraid to go after people if they're a different race or religion...it has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with you're screwing up, you're hurting people, you're hurting our interests and you deserve to get roughed up.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 PM

Car Info: Not a WRX any more . . .
All I am saying is that they do NOT deserve any sort of humane rights
You're working very hard to avoid a single basic point. Let me repeat: whatever you say is ok for us to do to them, you are saying is ok for them to do to our troops.

And how exactly do you feel about our troops?

All I am saying is that they do NOT deserve any sort of humane rights
I just don't know what to say to that.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
hateroo, in theory you are correct, but look at the governmet you are talking about, has there been anything they have been 100% truthful about? no. do you think this is going to be used against only known terrorists?

look at what they have done in the past few years. We have taken way too many steps back with our freedoms and it is in no way OK.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:59 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
All I am saying is that they do NOT deserve any sort of humane rights if they dont provide anyone non-muslim with humane rights. They basically should get what they deserve.
We should never lower ourselves to their standards. I understand what you're saying, their murdering bastards that don't care about human life. We should be the opposite dont you think? We should at least treat them as prisoners, not DOGS, or an animal about to be slaughtered. This is what makes us BETTER then them.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
And instead of replying "dumbest post ever" why dont you reply with something more intelligent to say? I at least respect bassplyer and krazyasian for attempting to go in depth with a response.
Yeah, I shouldn't have posted that in responce either. Lord knows there are WAY dumber posts here on i-Club. Seriously, ignore all of the politocizing. Assume that Bush has done everything right and and that torture is a good idea given we know those in question are terrorist. Is it not unerving to you that US citizens on home soil can be labeled as terrorists and therefore be tortured, without being proven a terrorist? Seriously, people are wrongfully accused in all maners of situations; what makes you think the accusation of one being a terrorist is any different? You and I may be lucky because we don't have brown skin and an islamic oriented name; but those that do should be seriously nervious.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:01 PM

Look we all know we need oil, and yes we know we know whats going on (or as much as the media allows us to know.) But I do agree that we should hit the hot spots too. And overthrowing Sadaam was about 16yrs too late, it should have been done the moment we freed the kurds. I personally place the blame on all of the idea that we have to be PC and are too afraid to go after people if they're a different race or religion...it has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with you're screwing up, you're hurting people, you're hurting our interests and you deserve to get roughed up.
again, i think you're completely wrong. we took out a totalitarian regime that was holding al queda in check and we have turned into a cesspool of islamofacist degenerates.

but we're getting away from the real argument of this law which is the effect it has on OUR civil liberties. Not the "terrorists'" liberties...we're talking about OURS. and lemme tell ya, it's not doing much for our rights.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:12 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
How safe are we when we can be detained without a given reason for as long as the people in power please? How is that safe? How is that better than what is already going on?

Someone please explain to me how becoming a police state is good thing?
Old 10-20-2006, 02:26 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
All I am saying is that they do NOT deserve any sort of humane rights...

They believe the same about you. That's why they fight. Aren't we better than them? You seem to think so...so why would we stoop to their level...
Old 10-20-2006, 02:40 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Dumbest post ever.
I agree.

god help us.

This law could potentially be used against US, in this thread, speaking out against the law itself. I mean, bush himself said "If you aren't with us, you are against us" right? Don't you see the fuucking fallacy in that? Anyone who doesn't support our cause could just as easily be labelled an enemy combatant.

Don't think the president would do that? Well, then look at his record of being honest to the american public.

Last edited by constellation; 10-20-2006 at 02:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Bush as our supreme ruler