Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Will Carbotechs eat up the stock rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 09:34 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Will Carbotechs eat up the stock rotors?

Does anyone know if the Carbotech P+ will eat up the stock rotors on a track? They advertise that they don't eat up rotors, but Hawk HP+ eat up rotors, and the coefficient of friction is about the same. Is this something I have to worry about. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX OAKOS Edition
I swapped out some Bobcat pads in favor of the P+ pads for the last track day that I went to. I also installed some brand new Carbotech slotted rotors. After five 15 minute sessions and a few thousand street miles the rotors don't show any signs of wear yet. I was hammering on the brakes at the track and also using a lot of left foot braking so they definitely got a good workout.

Bottom Line:
Will more aggressive pads increase rotor wear? Probably... but it's not something that you will notice overnight.

-Dave
Old 06-11-2004, 08:29 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
I just went up to the track with P+ up front and axxis ultimates on the rear. I was going to use P+ for both front and rear, but the pads didn't arrive in time. With that said, the braking felt better with this setup than the stock setup on the track. However, the bias didn't feel right. Under braking, it felt like the back got way too light and twitchy...almost like the fronts were grabbing way more than the rears. Maybe the P+ front and rear will solve the problem, but I think the stock setup for the WRX is not made for the track.