Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Is Whiteline the only quick-release strut tower brace?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX Wagon
Is Whiteline the only quick-release strut tower brace?

Hey i-Clubbers. I've got a new '06 WRX wagon and so far all I've done is the 24mm adjustable rear sway bar and links from Whiteline. I have the front bar/links too but haven't gotten around to installing yet (hopefully this weekend). Now I'm thinking that a rear strut tower brace would be a good addition too, but I'd like to get one with a quick release so that I can throw all my surfboards and shiite back there. The only one I've seen is from Whiteline. I'm fine with that, but does anybody know of another? If so, opinions and suggestions on where to buy would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:38 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I love my GT-Spec rear wagon bar. not really quick release, but easy enough to remove.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:57 AM

Thanks, but if it involves removing and replacing bolts I think it will **** me off too much. I usually surf and drive hard at least once a week, so I'll be wanting to take it in and out pretty often. If I understand it correctly, the Whiteline brace has a quick release kind of like the ones on bike wheels etc. Since I'll likely want to remove/replace it a few times a week, that seems so much easier that it's worth a small difference in performance, if there is any at all.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:08 PM

I personally would get a roof rack for the surf board, but I can understand wanting to use the trunk in the wagon.

I had a sedan style rear strut tower bar and did not notice much difference when pushing it hard in turns or autox.
Once I installed the GT-Spec bar and hit the auto-x and some fast twisties I notice a huge difference with rear end stability.

Having said that, I have not used or seen the whiteline wagon rear strut tower bar in person, but I am sure it will perform well considering their product quality.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:05 PM

Yeah, I have the roof rack, which I do use when I take out the longboard, but the main reason I bought the wagon was for the extra trunk space. Thanks for the tips; I think I will go ahead and get the Whiteline piece. I just installed my front sway bar and it already feels a lot better without even hitting the twisties yet, so I'm confident that the Whiteline strut brace will do a good job as well.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:26 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX Wagon
Can you give me the item number for both front and rear quick-release struct bar? I'm lookinf for same thing as well
Old 11-28-2006, 07:16 PM

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/wrx-suspension.html

search for "Quick-Release Strut Bar Bolts"
Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 1999 Mazda Miata
can these bolts be used w/ any strut bar? perhaps combined w/ an ebay bar? http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/shop/p...9&idcategory=0
Old 10-19-2010, 06:26 PM

Car Info: A Car
These fit a fair few different bars;
http://www.camotoy.com/products/brace/index.php
Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Dead thread revival warning:

What's to stop me, other than common sense perhaps, from just buying a $5 bike seat quick release set up and fitting it to my ebay rear strut bar? Sure,the Whiteline piece looks beefy, but I'm not auto-x-ing, I just have a wagon that I need to tighten up the rear end on.