Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

what is the best brake caliper paint and where can I buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
I would try Foliatec. I know that they make caliper paint and I have know a few people who use them with great results.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:04 AM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
I used VHT and it looked great for a daily driver. But after one track day, it burned quite a bit. Needless to say, I dont bother painting caliipers anymore. It's all about powder coating!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon White
Take a look at the Goodridge G2 caliper paint - we sell it now. Seems to work pretty well - there are a few cars in the lot that have it.

Last edited by Dexter@tirerack; 06-10-2003 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:28 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Originally posted by Kobayashi
Hmmmm, this is a bit confusing. Powder coating is not inherently superior to spray paint. All powder coating brings to the table is good coverage and baking. Both of these same features can be found in VHT canned paints. And a number of VHT paints exceed the ultimate heat capability of powdercoats. Meaning powder coating is essentially the same as painting it just uses a slightly different delivery process, which is superior to poorly-applied solvent based products.

VHT makes a number of paints. Not all are hi-temp. Did you use a specific caliper paint and was the surface prepped correctly and was the paint baked on? If all these steps were followed you should have had no probs.

Most powdercoating shops sand or beadblast the object before coating. This is the only part of the process the average joe cant perform. Powdercoating's quality comes from the baking process and this does not guarantee true hi-temp durability. The paint material itself dictates this.

k.

YES SPECIFICALLY VHT BRAKE CALIPER PAINT. I'm not as clueless to put on normal paint on brakes when I auto-x, do track days, and take driving schools.

I believe It took just one track day with porter field pads to burn up the paint. I mean it didn't flake off, just that certain areas have black marks or hitemp burn marks. However for the most part it's held up quite strong so far.

Quick Reply: what is the best brake caliper paint and where can I buy it?