Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

TIEN basic? or should i wait for the fleX? plz help a noob out

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:03 AM

Car Info: JB WRX, AW STi, JB STi - 04's-
Unhappy TIEN basic? or should i wait for the fleX? plz help a noob out

well i already have about 900 i was thinking of getting the basic if they drop my car 2.48 and if it is a stiff ride, i don't really want it to b bouncy or anyting, help me decide and give me some links for other brands of coil overs cause $$$ is to much for FLEX
Old 07-12-2004, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
The type Basic is (from what I see on Tein's website) a nonadjustable coilover setup. It's designed for street use on USDM cars (according to tein.com it's a US only product), so the damping and rebound settings are likely to be just fine on your road car as long as appropriate springs are used in conjunction with them.

With that said, if you were wanting to get the type Flex (with the oh-so-sexy EDFC unit), why not just wait a little longer and get the setup you really want? Don't compromise, just be patient.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:09 PM

Car Info: '04 wrb wrx wagon
i always buy things for what i'm going to use it for. in my experience with coilover and adjustable suspensions is that once i set the height and dampening i was done with it and i didn't mess with it anymore. thats because i don't autoX or roadrace. i just didn't have use for ALL the adjustablility. for me the basics are going to be just fine once i get aroung to ordering them. IMO if you aren't going to use it to its full potential why spend the money on the extras. EDFC is cool and all but if i don't need it, i won't spend the $ on it...kinda like BOV's and CAI's
Old 07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
very valid points, those. For most people, simply driving on the street, double adjustable suspension is simply not needed, and you're paying extra cash for a feature you'll never use.