Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Suspension advice, rebuilding the right front

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:45 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX - Blue
Suspension advice, rebuilding the right front

Long story short, I curbed my 03 WRX and I am looking to rebuild it with some better parts. The right control arm is bent, so I am going with STI control arms for both sides, and i was looking for advice on what other parts i can get to build on that. According to my estimate (way overpriced for OEM replacement parts, that's why i am doing it myself, long insurance story...) i need a new knuckle, stabilizer link, stabilizer bar clamp, strut, axle assembly, and sub frame, plus all related seals and bearings.
So, to start, i know that i am getting STI control arms and urethane bushings all around, but where do i go from there. I am not a big suspension guy, and i could use help on the best and (with some room to play) the most cost effective parts to get. My estimate was 2,700 dollars (including minor body damage i plan to fix later), so i was looking at around 1,500 dollars to do it myself. Anybody with advice, please speak up!