Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Suspension Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:54 AM

Car Info: 02wrxwag
Thumbs up Struts for a Wagon? Dspec's or AGX's

Hello Everyone,
So I Finally have some extra pennies for Struts and Springs, but being that I am no suspension expert but a newbie in this area, I'm in need of some help.

The car: 2002 WRX Wagon

Originally I wanted the Tokico D-Specs with Swift Springs, but it seems that the Tokico's are NOT wagon specific. From what I've read the difference between the Wag and Sedan is the Front track size. So If I went with the Sedan Tokico's (DSP-10) the Front Camber would be affected.
My Questions is: Could a couple of Camber bolts aid with this? or will I be comprimising other factors. (Camber Plates are not an option NOW but may be in a future because of cost).

My other option is the KYB AGX Struts wagon specific again with the Swift Springs, but the lack of adjustability compared to the Tokico's is a drawback.

Also with these mods, I am installing a 24mm adj rear sway (set at medium) with katboy endlinks and the needed mounting kit- I was thinking about also a fr 22mm but I wanted to try the car like this and then decide what front swaybar would help - I like the car to be feel a bit tail happy. So any advice on the front Sway with the strut and spring setup would be great.

THANKS EVERYONE IN ADVANCE-

Last edited by tivenr; 04-03-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: every subaru ever
D Specs are simply better struts then AGX's.

TIC has a wagon package with the D Specs and RCE Wagon springs.

You will lose some camber, but you can get it back with plates or bolts.

OR you can swap to Sedan front control arms and get a wider track and sedan struts will fit perfectly.

Or get Koni's which are great and work well with wagons. Just a little extra work to install.

I generally like even front and rear sway bars...you can always adjust the rear up to a stiffer setting.

- Andrew
Old 04-03-2008, 08:40 PM

Car Info: 02wrxwag
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering
D Specs are simply better struts then AGX's.

TIC has a wagon package with the D Specs and RCE Wagon springs.

You will lose some camber, but you can get it back with plates or bolts.

OR you can swap to Sedan front control arms and get a wider track and sedan struts will fit perfectly.

Or get Koni's which are great and work well with wagons. Just a little extra work to install.

I generally like even front and rear sway bars...you can always adjust the rear up to a stiffer setting.

- Andrew
Thanks Andrew,
I went for the Tokico's with swift springs and camber bolts at the rear- when i get it aligned ill check to see if i need bolts in the front (plates are too expensive for now) im going to try and get as much camber as i can with the stock bolts - hopefully itll be around 1.3-1.5

I also checked on the Tokico site and it says GDA/GGA compatible so Im going to take their work for it. If I loose camber then Ill get either bolts or plates.

Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Hey. It's really your call in terms of alignment. Really depends if you need the extra camber in the front or not. If you drive your car hard and/or do motorsports, more may be better. Otherwise, maxing out your stock camber adjustment bolts should just be fine.