Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Subaru Brakes 2-pot rear

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 11:24 AM

Car Info: .............................................................................
You DO realize that in order to make the rear 2-pots work you will need a WHOLE LOT more than the calipers, don't you???

It 'aint just an easy swap.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:44 PM

Car Info: .............................................................................
Originally posted by ScoobyUpYourA$$
Yes I know, but if I have the part number I can order the calipers directly from Subaru.
If you are serious, then you will be ordering A LOT more than just the calipers. The whole thing will cost ~$1500 in parts, bought new.

For a street car it is a HUGE waste of time, effort, energy, and money to do Subaru 2-pot rears on a WRX, IMHO(and many others).
Most people are real happy with the 'H6' rear swap(cost ~$225 in parts, new), but if you MUST....check ravensblade.com
There is lots of good info there.
Check some of the vendors too, ordering from Subaru may cost more than from a vendor. If you are talking about the rear USDM STi Brembo brakes then be prepared to spend even more to make them fit/work.

Last edited by Uncle Scotty; 01-09-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
why do you want the 2 pot so bad....IMO i would just get the wilwood set up for 1500 you can get fronts and rears...

my 2 cents
Old 01-13-2004, 12:37 AM

Originally posted by ScoobyUpYourA$$
I am looking for the "Subaru" 2-pot brakes, not Brembo. I know that this information is hard to come by and some people do not like to share information with other enthusiasts, but I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks
SUYA
It's not the sharing...its the stupidity.

What part of 'Don't do it' don't ya get?
Old 01-13-2004, 02:04 AM

Car Info: JDM Ver 7
Here's the Japanese part #'s. They should be the same as US if these are available in the US:

Calipers
Right-26692 FA060
Left -26692 FA070

Caliper Parts(pads, pins, rattle clips, etc...)
Same for both sides(need 2)-26696 FA010

Any other questions, just ask.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:09 AM

Car Info: JDM Ver 7
There is also a bracket available so you can retain the R160 diff, hubs, and axels. Then you'd only need to swap the calipers and rotors.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:45 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by Uncle Scotty
It's not the sharing...its the stupidity.

What part of 'Don't do it' don't ya get?
I don't see why it's stupid. I'm doing it, and I think it makes sense considering I have Subaru 4 pot fronts, and this is the four wheel brake system used on STi versions 3-6 along with the nifty limited run models like the RB5, P1, S201, and 22b. Furthermore, I'm doing it because my choices are either A) STi gold Brembo rears or B) Subaru 2 pot rears because I am using R180 hubs. I dunno if you've looked at the USDM STi rears yet, but the old school 2 pots seem the wiser choice to me. I don't see why Subaru knew less about what they were doing with the 4/2 pot setup than they do with 'stock' fronts and rears. However, I will say it is silly to do any sort of rotor/caliper upsizing in the rear without significant improvements up front first.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:36 PM

If you are not going to race the car it is, IMHO, a waste of money(and everything else) to do the Subaru 2-pot rears. There is VERY little to be gained over the H6 rear conversion, anyway...and IF you are going to race the car, for the same or even LESS $$$, you can get BETTER rear brakes....so doing the 2-pot Subaru rears on the USDM WRX is, IMHO, a STUPID thing to waste time, effort, energy and money on for little or no benifit and the use of non-standard parts makes maintenance a headache as a result as well.....

SO....when the pros and cons are all put out on the table and everything is considered......the Subaru 2-pots in the rear are a waste.

PS...I researched this whole WRX brake bit for almost a year before I came to this conclusion, so it really is an informed conclusion, not just an uninformed opinion.

I have 4-pot fronts w/dba4000 rotors and H6 rears w/dba657 rotors....Bobcat pads in front and Ultimates in the rear(soon to be less grippy pads due to a bit too much rear bias) along with SS lines and Motul 600RBF fluid....

Last edited by Uncle Scotty; 01-13-2004 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:20 PM

Car Info: platinum silver wrx wagon
Try here. http://www.rallispec.com/
They have the parts you are looking for in the Brakes section of the sport parts.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:53 PM

That's the first time I've seen them under $1k.....still too much$$$ though.

Quick Reply: Subaru Brakes 2-pot rear