Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Strut, Sway and lower arm bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:38 AM

Car Info: was 05 WRX Wagon
From what I know:

a. It would be best to just change to an adjustable rear sway bar and leave the front stock. This will bring about less understeer, something the WRX needs to handle better.

b. The strut bars IMO are more for show. You will not feel the benefits of these chasis stiffeners until you have a better understanding of how other more essential suspension mods (sway bars, ALK, springs, struts, lower arm bar) work on your car.

c. If you are going to install an adjustabel rear sway bar, upgrade the endlinks as well. The stock endlinks are just hardened rubber that will tend to flex, especially w/ an upgraded sway bar. Look into swithing your mounts as well because the stock mounts have been known to rip off due to hard driving.

d. The lower arm bar is suppose to help improve body rigidty and steering. Before getting this upgrade, I suggest steering, enginge and tranny mounts first. These upgrades will benefit you more than the lower arm bar, especially if these will be your first round of suspension mods.

Just my 2 cents in.

-Soren