Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

strange popping noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 02:58 AM

my 02 WRX seden with 33k and same thing the suspesion makes werid sound when go over bump or a slow turn, sometimes when i brake hard.. can someone help us here??? (i just got my car and yes i'm a newbie to this) just wondering if it's normal. thankx.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM

i bought this car used, and i think it got in accident b4, but still if it makes werid noise that means something wrong there, just need to find out. And the noise also happens when i hit brake slowly =\ werid.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by osidescooby
i took my car to the dealership the other day. I took some mechanics for a test drive around the dealership lot. The car made those sounds as usual. They told me it was a strange sound and nothing else. they called me back at the end of the day saying that it was something wrong with my front struts. They told i would have to replace them.
oh man.. this sux.. i guess u can just go for aftermarket ones...

and it's werid that my car is not making the noise from turning anymore, but i can hear it loudly when i hit the brake slowly... and it just started today
Old 12-12-2003, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Providing that the dealership isn't fulla crap... you might have worn out your struts and you hear them bottoming. Its sounds like you drive pretty hard already. Do you have stock springs? After market ones will often make stock struts wear out more quickly. The accident you speak of might have caused enough horizontal pressure to put the the strut internally or externally out of place. Have you check the strut tower mounts and bolts for any play? Jack the car up on the noise side and see what happens when you try to rock the wheel... please, use jackstands

jason