Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Stoptech or Goodridge SS Brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 07:02 AM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
Originally posted by sal
How does the Stoptech compaire to the Cobb ss lines?
I got a set from Cobb and they had the outside covering on them. One of the reasons I liked the Cobb lines was the cover.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:45 AM
DrD

Car Info: 2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
Originally posted by Peaty
I got a set from Cobb and they had the outside covering on them. One of the reasons I liked the Cobb lines was the cover.
From what I have read, the Cobb's are rebadged Stoptech lines, so the two should be pretty much the same thing.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:35 AM

Car Info: WR Blue WRX
DrD - You are correct...Cobb just took the Stoptech lines and rebaged them. So they are one in the same!

Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 01-26-2004, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
StopTech makes the Cobb Brake kit and other components.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:21 PM

Car Info: WR Blue WRX
Yeah talk about claiming something by putting your badge on it and selling it under your name when it is someone elses design and research....go figure.

Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 02-05-2004, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru STI
"Yeah talk about claiming something by putting your badge on it and selling it under your name when it is someone elses design and research....go figure. "

Hmmm...kind of like Mercedes putting it's name on the Ilmor CART engine?

Cobb puts quite a bit of time and effort into testing any product before they decide to make it available for their customers. Cobb is a high quality brand and they sell only high quality products, regardless of whether they are designed in house or outsourced.

I am missing your point.

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
www.teamSMR.com

Last edited by GarySheehan; 02-05-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX
Installed my rebadged Stoptech lines (AKA Cobb lines) along with ATE Blue fluid and SpeedBleeders this morning.

Very happy with the Cobb lines. Fit and finish is very good. Some of the OEM clips did need to be bent slightly to keep the new lines tightly in place, but other than a stripped solid brake line fitting (cured with vise-grip) the install went pretty smooth. Highly recommend going with the SpeedBleeders...made a very quick one-man job of bleeding the lines.

Took a couple 60-80 MPH panic stops (on a vacant fairgrounds road) & this setup is a definite improvement over OEM. I would't expect (nor anticipate) any changes in overall braking distances from just lines & fluid. But IMO, the addition of _any_ SS lines are worth it simply for the improvements in pedal feel: the brakes are more progressive in application and come on with slightly less initial pedal effort.

I looked at the goodridge lines and they have very good quality too, I simply preferred the coated Cobb/StopTech lines.

Brent.

PS: IMNSHO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with rebadging quality products...more sales for the manufacturer and lets the rebadgee focus their R&D/manufacturing efforts in other areas yet fill a sales void.

Last edited by brentlz; 02-07-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:59 PM

Car Info: Black 03 WRX
The goodridge lines are also coated with a clear sheild. I honestly beleive that there is no difference in the two. I am almost positive that the manufacturing process is identical. As good of products as stoptech makes, I would go with the goodridge on (and I did) simply becuase they are less expensive. I got mine from jscspeed.com