Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Stoptech or Goodridge SS Brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
Question Stoptech or Goodridge SS Brake lines

Did a search but didn't find an answer to my question. What lines are better, stopetech or the goodridge? Are they the same? I plan on doing a couple track events and perhaps some auto-x, so just wanted to know which ones I should get. I own a 2003 Wrx sedan, and I also plan on upgrading my brake fluid as well, going with Motul.

On a side note what is a good street performance pad to use, I hear talk of the axxis pads but subydude offers a package with Carbotech Bobcat Pads, are the bobcats good for street use?

Thanks,

Jason
Old 01-19-2004, 02:55 PM

I'm pretty sure SS lines will disqualify you from running in the stock classes.
Check out the Stoptech Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits. A lot of bang for the buck.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by FUNKED1
I'm pretty sure SS lines will disqualify you from running in the stock classes.
Check out the Stoptech Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits. A lot of bang for the buck.
Yeah I looked at that package, so I take it you think that the Stoptech SS lines are better than the Goodridge lines? I'm not too sure on the auto-x so I'm not too worried about disqualifiying myself from stock class, looking into doing more track events.

Jason
Old 01-19-2004, 03:08 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
i doubt you'd be able to tell the differance between the Goodridge and Stoptech lines, so go ahead and buy whatever is cheaper/in stock at your favorite shop. i have goodridges.

i personally like the Carbotech Bobcats, they've worked really well for me. they don't dust too much, and tolerate a lot more heat than the stock pads before going off. if you're planning on track use, you might look into the Panther + pads, they're a street/track combo pad that should work pretty well. i'm probably going to upgrade to those if i wear out my Bobcats before i can throw the $$$ at a big brake kit.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
if all your getting is ss lines and nothing else its 6 of one half-dozen of the other.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:06 PM

I have the Stoptech Stage 2 and I like it (2 days now lol). From everything I've read on the forums, the Goodridge and Stoptech lines are equal.
You could still autox with the SS lines but I think you'd have to run STX class.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:54 AM
DrD

Car Info: 2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
So I have been wondering about this, too - what exactly is the difference between the Goodridge and the Stoptech lines - clearly, the lines will function similarly when installed - so why the larger $$$ for the Stoptechs? Are the fittings nicer/stronger? Does it fit better on the WRX out of the box? Is the coating better on the Stoptechs than the coated Goodridge lines?

Can anyone snap and post some pictures of the two side by side? I am presently debating between the two sets - if the extra $ for the stoptechs is for more than just the name, then maybe it's worth it... does anyone know?
Old 01-20-2004, 06:51 AM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza Coupe RS-T Tec3/Vishnu turbo Color: B
Stop tech's are way better than the GR that I put on for a guy a year ago.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:29 AM
DrD

Car Info: 2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
Originally posted by david2z4
Stop tech's are way better than the GR that I put on for a guy a year ago.
I have read many posts like that - in what way are they better? Can you be a bit more specific?
Old 01-20-2004, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by DrD
I have read many posts like that - in what way are they better? Can you be a bit more specific?
I'm curious as well.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:42 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
Originally posted by JasonCSU
I'm curious as well.
I third the motion
Old 01-22-2004, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru STI
There are a couple of things different between the Stoptech and Goodridge lines.

The Stoptechs have a clear, abrasion resistant cover on them. This prevents them from damaging the finish on other components, like your shocks, while at the same time protecting themselves from fraying and from the elements.

Every single Stoptech brakeline is pressure tested to 4,500psi after final assembly.

The Stoptech brakelines are assembled in-house at Stoptech. They folks at Stoptech are very quality conscious and their customer service is 2nd to none.

We have used their brakelines on our racecar for two full seasons and haven't had a single issue with them.

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
www.teamSMR.com
Old 01-22-2004, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by GarySheehan
There are a couple of things different between the Stoptech and Goodridge lines.

The Stoptechs have a clear, abrasion resistant cover on them. This prevents them from damaging the finish on other components, like your shocks, while at the same time protecting themselves from fraying and from the elements.

Every single Stoptech brakeline is pressure tested to 4,500psi after final assembly.

The Stoptech brakelines are assembled in-house at Stoptech. They folks at Stoptech are very quality conscious and their customer service is 2nd to none.

We have used their brakelines on our racecar for two full seasons and haven't had a single issue with them.

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
www.teamSMR.com
Nice that does anyone have any info on the Goodridge lines? thin I'm gonna go with Stoptech lines seeing as how one day I will be getting a big brake kit form them.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 01-22-2004, 08:12 PM

Car Info: WR Blue WRX
Hey I have tried them both on my car and on customers cars and they seem to like the Stoptechs. And I am not saying this because I am a distributor for Stoptech...as I wouldn't carry something that I didn't think would stand the test of time!

If anyone is interested in anything that Stoptech carries from BBK, brake lines, pads, fluid, or any of the Staged Kits then let me know because I carry it all!!

Thanks,
Brian

Flash N Dash Performance
Old 01-24-2004, 10:39 PM
sal

Car Info: 04.5 STi
How does the Stoptech compaire to the Cobb ss lines?

Quick Reply: Stoptech or Goodridge SS Brake lines