Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Stock Brake Line Bubble!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 07:35 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Question Stock Brake Line Bubble!?!

So while re-installing my silencer and intake on my car (need to go have it smogged later this month) I did a little inspection on my brake lines.

I noticed some slight cracking (to my understanding normal for tha age of the lines '02 WRX) as well as some small bubbling in the brake lines.

The question is:

is this normal?

should I replace the lines immediately (I have some Stoptech lines sitting in my garage).

If I should replace them now, how hard is it to do it myself? I have the lines and oil, I have never bled brake lines myself (except for my mt bikes disk brakes)

Should I just take them to a local shop? I love working on my car, I just don't wanna f*ck up the brakes, they help me not die.

TIA!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Definitely replace those lines!!!!! Cracking/bubbled lines mean they are fatigued and could possibly blow out, thus causing you to (obviously) lose your brakes all together. Put those stainless stoptech lines on ASAP! Replacing brake lines can be a major pain, and if you have never done it before, they are REALLY easy to screw up, and F*ck yourself over. I'd suggest taking it to a shop and have them do it....save yourself the headache, they're not fun.

-Ted